The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AI MASTER - Fully Automatic Mastering Plugin
Old 13th October 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

If a tree falls in a forrest...

Yes absolutely, please start a thread in the new products section. I don’t think it matters when your project was released, especially if nobody knows about your brilliant work. The sound quality is incredible, news to everyone-the word needs to get out.

Forget the GUI comments re Megahertz. I’m a graphic designer, what you have now is functional, eye candy can come later if you fancy dipping your toe into UI design. Devs like Cytomic, TDR do all their own interface design which has improved iover years, well decade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Rotem View Post
Wasn't sure if this is the right place for it as Gearslutz members are usually better known for their love of hardware synths (which I certainly share).

Should I start a MegaHertz thread?
It's been out for a couple of months, does that still qualify as a "new product"?
Show replies
Lives for gear

Quote:
Wasn't sure if this is the right place for it as Gearslutz members are usually better known for their love of hardware synths (which I certainly share).

Should I start a MegaHertz thread?
It's been out for a couple of months, does that still qualify as a "new product"?
Still a new product on the GS Forum.
Show replies
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimPani View Post
If a tree falls in a forrest...

Yes absolutely, please start a thread in the new products section. I don’t think it matters when your project was released, especially if nobody knows about your brilliant work. The sound quality is incredible, news to everyone-the word needs to get out.

Forget the GUI comments re Megahertz. I’m a graphic designer, what you have now is functional, eye candy can come later if you fancy dipping your toe into UI design. Devs like Cytomic, TDR do all their own interface design which has improved iover years, well decade.
Thanks TimPani, that's very kind of you!
I'll have my marketing department (me..) post something about it.
Show replies
Old 14th October 2020 | Show parent
DD3
Here for the gear

Saving Analysis

Interesting plugin, I'd consider it for some of my library work, but it would have to be able to store it's analysis profile for me to use it.

I'd want to be able to apply the same parameters across all my edits and alternative versions.

Also, robot free skin would be nice...
Show replies
Old 14th October 2020
Lives for gear

Any news on possible updates to this thing, or a more advanced version of the plugin where we could enable/disable various processing stages? I don't feel it works all that well for me in a mastering situation but I'm really liking this a lot on various complex single source files and some busses.

Also, yes would be awesome if we could store the analysis results and reuse them quickly without having to analyse the whole session again.
Show replies
Old 14th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
Any news on possible updates to this thing, or a more advanced version of the plugin where we could enable/disable various processing stages? I don't feel it works all that well for me in a mastering situation but I'm really liking this a lot on various complex single source files and some busses.

Also, yes would be awesome if we could store the analysis results and reuse them quickly without having to analyse the whole session again.
+1. Please make this happen.
Show replies
Old 15th October 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Without going into overly technical details, AI MASTER was taught what the defining characteristics of a professionally mastered track are, and set these as a "target".
After analysing the incoming audio, AI MASTER strives to narrow the gap between the signal that is fed into it and this virtual target that it aims at.

AI MASTER has many tools at its disposal to perform this task, and will use any combination of these tools that it deems applicable.
Being that this is GS, perhaps you should go into the technical details. What makes this Artifical Intelligence? How was the model trained? Who determined what “professionally mastered” tracks are? How large was the dataset? What characteristics were learned? What ML methods were utilized? What is going on under the hood? If I send a mix to 10 different mastering engineers, I’ll get 10 different sounding masters. If I run the same mix through this plugin 10 times will I get the same output every time?
Show replies
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic View Post

There will be updates, can't promise anything specific yet.
Show replies
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by TessellationRow View Post
Being that this is GS, perhaps you should go into the technical details. What makes this Artifical Intelligence? How was the model trained? Who determined what “professionally mastered” tracks are? How large was the dataset? What characteristics were learned? What ML methods were utilized? What is going on under the hood? If I send a mix to 10 different mastering engineers, I’ll get 10 different sounding masters. If I run the same mix through this plugin 10 times will I get the same output every time?

Why on earth you think company owe to explain you their tech in such details?

If you don't trust them simply pass on. However you'll be in trouble that way because AFAIK no company ever revealed how they are doing their stuff. All they do is post fancy videos of opened devices, big names talking and so on.
Show replies

Last edited by mpod; 15th October 2020 at 05:49 AM..
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake View Post
Must be honest . . . and admit to how shallow I am . . . but I've been entirely put off even trying out this plugin simply due to the look of it, it just looks so terrible to me, I know this shouldn't be an issue with audio gear, but like I say I'm shallow, I can see it's getting very good reviews so really I should - logically - give it a chance . . . but the UI really puts me off.
Free tip: I installed the demo first. Then, without uninstalling the demo, the full version on top. Outcome: no robot looking at me like a creep It shows the freq spectrum stuff but no robot! :D
Show replies
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpod View Post
Why on earth you think company owe to explain you their tech in such details?

If you don't trust them simply pass on. However you'll be in trouble that way because AFAIK no company ever revealed how they are doing their stuff. All they do is post fancy videos of opened devices, big names talking and so on.
Fully agree, what a completely absurd request to make to a company. Guess the guy never ran a business. Revealing your trade secrets to some random person in a forum is a big no go.
Show replies
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by XARC Mastering View Post
Fully agree, what a completely absurd request to make to a company. Guess the guy never ran a business. Revealing your trade secrets to some random person in a forum is a big no go.
Sorry for asking questions. Thanks for making assumptions about me. An explanation of what ML model was used and how it was trained is not a trade secret. I see the word AI and would like to know what exactly makes this AI and not just some algorithmic processing.
Show replies
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TessellationRow View Post
Sorry for asking questions. Thanks for making assumptions about me. An explanation of what ML model was used and how it was trained is not a trade secret. I see the word AI and would like to know what exactly makes this AI and not just some algorithmic processing.
It's an $80 plugin. Costs less than dinner out for two. You like it or you don't.
Show replies
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert82 View Post
It's an $80 plugin. Costs less than dinner out for two. You like it or you don't.
The dinner or the plugin ? The dinner was fine, although a bit weird as the waiter was dressed as a robot and kept staring at me.
Show replies
Lives for gear

An expanded version that captures a master for recall as mentioned earlier would be great. Also.. How about a version that offers alternative mastering styles? Would be great to surf through different presets and see what suits a song the most.

Having said that I am loving the iteration as is. Most stuff offers crippling choice of options nowadays so quite nice to have a Plugin that does one thing with only two buttons and does that one job damn well!!
Show replies
Old 15th October 2020
Gear Nut

excellent
Show replies
Old 16th October 2020
Company Rep

Just remembered that tonight I had a nightmare with your white humanoid robot.
He was grabbing me very strongly and wouldn't let me go. Your AI is playing tricks with my brain.
Show replies
Old 16th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavesfactory View Post
He was grabbing me very strongly and wouldn't let me go. Your AI is playing tricks with my brain.
Wavesfactory + Exonic would be very interesting indeed
Show replies
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by DD3 View Post
Interesting plugin, I'd consider it for some of my library work, but it would have to be able to store it's analysis profile for me to use it.

I'd want to be able to apply the same parameters across all my edits and alternative versions.

And to use it for Batch processing of multiple songs.
Show replies
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavesfactory View Post
Show replies
I like the robot.
Show replies
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JfromRVA View Post
Wavesfactory + Exonic would be very interesting indeed
You want a mastering tape echo ?
Show replies
Old 17th October 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake View Post
You want a mastering tape echo ?
Show replies
Old 19th October 2020
Lives for gear

Had another idea for future feature set for possible expansion.. How about optimal mastering for streaming and vinyl? Vinyl specific mastering would be great
Show replies
Old 20th October 2020
Lives for gear

Ai mastering ..interesting idea.
Show replies
Old 22nd October 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdfishee View Post
Had another idea for future feature set for possible expansion.. How about optimal mastering for streaming and vinyl? Vinyl specific mastering would be great
Thanks, added to the (ever growing) feature request list.
Show replies
Old 23rd October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:

you can store it if you save your DAW session after you have switched the plugin to master, it'll always 'hold' that setting. You can always just have another instance of the ai master plugin to hold a different analysis file (I think? Maybe Guy can correct/inform this)
Show replies
Old 23rd October 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtROBOT View Post
you can store it if you save your DAW session after you have switched the plugin to master, it'll always 'hold' that setting. You can always just have another instance of the ai master plugin to hold a different analysis file (I think? Maybe Guy can correct/inform this)
This is technically possible, but the only viable usage for this is indeed applying identical settings to tracks that have only had their arrangement edited without changing the mix.
So if you replaced the location of the chorus and the verse in your song (for example), using the analysis that is automatically saved with your DAW project should still produce satisfactory results.

Multiple instances of AI MASTER can be loaded into a single project and their analysis data will be stored respectively.

Since AI MASTER is not a static processor, each analysis is unique and bespoke to the specific material that is being mastered.
As such, please re-analyse tracks if their mix itself has been altered.
Show replies
Old 23rd October 2020
Lives for gear

Version 2 - aka Vision powered by the mind stone

I'm sure Marvel won't mind.....
Show replies
Old 27th October 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

I have to be VERY creative to get AI Master to work using Metaplugin (In Pro Tools). I hope they fix this problem, or do an AAX version.
Show replies
📝 Reply