Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOLD View Post
Tubes, dear friend, tubes galore.

More in spring...
OOOoooo....
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Nut
I saw a post from Dirk saying that the bits in the plugins which benefit from oversampling are internally oversampled to 176khz and the bits that don't aren't to save cpu.

Sound ok to me?
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by daverich View Post
I saw a post from Dirk saying that the bits in the plugins which benefit from oversampling are internally oversampled to 176khz and the bits that don't aren't to save cpu.

Sound ok to me?
Ask him about the aliasing and truncation in SPL Iron.
That should get you booted from the fb group.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsieq View Post
Ask him about the aliasing and truncation in SPL Iron.
That should get you booted from the fb group.
Merely posing the question wouldn't result in a ban -- what else occured?
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
Merely posing the question wouldn't result in a ban -- what else occured?
I'd not be surprised if it was the case tho', especially if the question was a bit insistent.

No disrespect to Dirk, but he seems quite temperamental sometimes (which I understand) and sometimes totally disrespectful and stubborn.

You don't wanna know what he said and think about GS by the way...
Old 3 weeks ago
Hey guys! Can someone remind me if this has a zero latency option? I demoed it a while back and I can't open it anymore. Now there is a sale and I am considering it again because I remember I liked the sound. However I need the option to disable oversampling for tracking and enable it for mixing, like the Lindell 80 does. That is essential for me.

Thanks!

BTW not a fan of PA's marketing and Dirk's attitude at all, so I avoid them as much as I can. But Lindell's stuff is golden, I have it all. And now this seems very promising too.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusionaire View Post
Hey guys! Can someone remind me if this has a zero latency option? I demoed it a while back and I can't open it anymore. Now there is a sale and I am considering it again because I remember I liked the sound. However I need the option to disable oversampling for tracking and enable it for mixing, like the Lindell 80 does. That is essential for me.

Thanks!
I don't see a zero latency option.

VST-3 shows 1024 spls.

As to Oversampling ... I see no option, nor selection. Must be internal.

The other Lindell plugs show many more options and choices though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
I don't see a zero latency option.

VST-3 shows 1024 spls.

As to Oversampling ... I see no option, nor selection. Must be internal.

The other Lindell plugs show many more options and choices though.
That's very helpful. Thanks a lot for your quick reply!
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

1st impressions demo-ing on a clean male vocal recorded in a larger room: 2-3db GR plus the preamp drive and original band-limiting gives a very creamy early/mid Beatles sound.
Lives for gear

I have the Fuse Audio VPRE-376 preamp which I love. I used it on a mix recently and played it to a Grammy nominated producer who said the mix was good. Today I decided to swap out the Neold for the VPRE-376 to see what that sounded like on the mix but it lost something and I definitely preferred the VPRE-376. Neold has a different sound and also has a compressor which the VPRE-376 doesn't although there is the separate Fuse Audio VCL-373 compressor. Has anybody else compared Neold with VPRE-376? I know the same talented developer Ray worked on both. I'm going to play with Neold a bit more today to see if I'll get it while it's on sale. If I didn't already have VPRE-376 I would have jumped on Neold for sure but do I need both? Perhaps Neold is justified in my case for it's compressor.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by screentan View Post
I have the Fuse Audio VPRE-376 preamp which I love. I used it on a mix recently and played it to a Grammy nominated producer who said the mix was good. Today I decided to swap out the Neold for the VPRE-376 to see what that sounded like on the mix but it lost something and I definitely preferred the VPRE-376. Neold has a different sound and also has a compressor which the VPRE-376 doesn't although there is the separate Fuse Audio VCL-373 compressor. Has anybody else compared Neold with VPRE-376? I know the same talented developer Ray worked on both. I'm going to play with Neold a bit more today to see if I'll get it while it's on sale. If I didn't already have VPRE-376 I would have jumped on Neold for sure but do I need both? Perhaps Neold is justified in my case for it's compressor.
For $30, it strikes me as a less fiddly, more CPU friendly version of the Audified u73. From that perspective, the v76 pre is just a bonus. (Disclaimer: I love old tube compressor mojo, your mileage may vary.)
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by screentan View Post
I have (and love!) both plugins, but I've never compared them because they struck me right away as being very different.

373 is rich and sweet sounding but still tight, NEOLD is softer and warmer.

The respective compressors are different in similar ways.

NEOLD is closer in sound to (tube-modeled) Pulsar Mu and Kush AR-1 than the (solid state-modeled) Fuse plugins, so the question of whether NEOLD is worth buying for you is portably more like "could I benefit from a pillowy tube color suite?"

For what it's worth, I use NEOLD on vocals and DI bass and guitar frequently and VPRE-376 more often on drums.

Hope that helps!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhysmix View Post
I have (and love!) both plugins, but I've never compared them because they struck me right away as being very different.

373 is rich and sweet sounding but still tight, NEOLD is softer and warmer.

The respective compressors are different in similar ways.

NEOLD is closer in sound to (tube-modeled) Pulsar Mu and Kush AR-1 than the (solid state-modeled) Fuse plugins, so the question of whether NEOLD is worth buying for you is portably more like "could I benefit from a pillowy tube color suite?"

For what it's worth, I use NEOLD on vocals and DI bass and guitar frequently and VPRE-376 more often on drums.

Hope that helps!
Yes that does help thanks. Seeing as I have Kush AR-1 and Fuse VPRE-376 I would probably just be getting Neold for the V76 then.
Gear Addict

As someone who’s been putting their money into Nebula libraries as of late, I’m impressed by NEOLD’s efforts in modeling the color and tonal response of the pre and compressor, especially the v76. Many of the Neb libraries that sample vintage tube pres are older and have some trade-offs, and I haven’t found a knock my socks off V72/76 there (or in Viridian).

This seems like the next step forward from Arturia’s v76 (my previous pick for tube mic pre emulation), and the compressor is gorgeous.
📝 Reply