LOADED : Let me explain! - Analog Obsession - Page 3 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
LOADED : Let me explain! - Analog Obsession
Old 9th September 2020
  #61
Here for the gear
 

Thank you BoingBoomTjack
Old 9th September 2020
  #62
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysolo2you View Post
just an idea " loaded revisited GUI"
Thanks!

If it's possible, you can send me files and i can add your files to Patreon post for who wants extra GUI option.
Old 9th September 2020
  #63
Here for the gear
 

thank you Tunca, the monster genius
Old 9th September 2020
  #64
Here for the gear
 

with great pleasure
Old 10th September 2020
  #65
Gear Maniac
 

When's the compressor coming about ?
Old 10th September 2020
  #66
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicLov3r View Post
When's the compressor coming about ?
I believe, it will be ready to release next weekend. I'm little bit busy with my next EP...
Old 15th September 2020
  #67
Hello!

It's finally done! Fully finished.

Please, check first post.

Thanks!
Old 15th September 2020
  #68
Gear Maniac
 
Illusionaire's Avatar
Damn, I am away from the studio for the next 10 days. I just tried LOADED on a mini laptop, with my tiny earbud headphones. Still, I am really impressed!

I've already tried the preamp on the studio speakers and I like its character. The transformer option gives a great colour as well. I want to try it on every track of a project, to see how it sounds on different sources. I like that you made a preamp of your own design, not emulating something specific. And this is after you've made some sweet emulations of actual preamps before.

I don't use de-essers much, but this one works well and it is a useful tool to have in a modern channel strip. It is well designed.

The gate works really well on drums, even with the basic controls. Usually I need more options like sidechain filters for the gate to work well, but this one just did the job instantly. Still, sidechain filters might make it even more flexible if you feel like adding them. Not complaining though.

The EQ I really need to check on descent speakers, but I like what I hear on my tiny headphones. It sounds like the curves are very well designed. Smooth on low settings, more surgical on stronger settings. I feel like the shelving filters specifically have very smooth curves and I love that. Really looking forward to check it on speakers I can trust.

The compressor is modern and snappy on drums and electric bass. I have to read the manual again, to understand the release options. And I want to try it on more sources. I like its time settings and again I need to listen on good speakers to understand its tone. I often use the compressor before the EQ, so if you release the parts as individual plugins I will be able to change the order of the processors. Again I am not complaining though, it's just a suggestion from a user.

I need to check the manual and listen for the character of the output stage. I can't trust my headphones at the moment.

Overall I like LOADED as it sounds smooth and natural to me, with a variety of versatile tools. I will make a template on Reaper with LOADED on every track, to try it on some projects I'm currently working on. I'm optimistic that it will become part of my workflow. And in that case I will definitely pay for it. You deserve it for all your hard work that you have shared with us.

Thank you Tunka!
Old 15th September 2020
  #69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusionaire View Post
Damn, I am away from the studio for the next 10 days. I just tried LOADED on a mini laptop, with my tiny earbud headphones. Still, I am really impressed!

I've already tried the preamp on the studio speakers and I like its character. The transformer option gives a great colour as well. I want to try it on every track of a project, to see how it sounds on different sources. I like that you made a preamp of your own design, not emulating something specific. And this is after you've made some sweet emulations of actual preamps before.

I don't use de-essers much, but this one works well and it is a useful tool to have in a modern channel strip. It is well designed.

The gate works really well on drums, even with the basic controls. Usually I need more options like sidechain filters for the gate to work well, but this one just did the job instantly. Still, sidechain filters might make it even more flexible if you feel like adding them. Not complaining though.

The EQ I really need to check on descent speakers, but I like what I hear on my tiny headphones. It sounds like the curves are very well designed. Smooth on low settings, more surgical on stronger settings. I feel like the shelving filters specifically have very smooth curves and I love that. Really looking forward to check it on speakers I can trust.

The compressor is modern and snappy on drums and electric bass. I have to read the manual again, to understand the release options. And I want to try it on more sources. I like its time settings and again I need to listen on good speakers to understand its tone. I often use the compressor before the EQ, so if you release the parts as individual plugins I will be able to change the order of the processors. Again I am not complaining though, it's just a suggestion from a user.

I need to check the manual and listen for the character of the output stage. I can't trust my headphones at the moment.

Overall I like LOADED as it sounds smooth and natural to me, with a variety of versatile tools. I will make a template on Reaper with LOADED on every track, to try it on some projects I'm currently working on. I'm optimistic that it will become part of my workflow. And in that case I will definitely pay for it. You deserve it for all your hard work that you have shared with us.

Thank you Tunka!
Thank you so much for detailed feedback!

About Manual, it's OK but outdated. I will update it, tomorrow.

Compressor after EQ and yes, it's limitation for some users but i will release all modules as single plugin. Then, users can set their chain.

Thanks!
Old 15th September 2020
  #70
Gear Maniac
 
Illusionaire's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogObsession View Post
Thank you so much for detailed feedback!

About Manual, it's OK but outdated. I will update it, tomorrow.

Compressor after EQ and yes, it's limitation for some users but i will release all modules as single plugin. Then, users can set their chain.

Thanks!
Looking forward to that too, so I can also try things like:

Just the compressor/EQ/output* on a bus.
Just the preamp on a track.

But again I am not complaining. After all, most hardware consoles didn't have the option to change the order of the processors. They just had a good sounding EQ and a fixed insert point, where you connected your limited number of outboard compressors. Not every studio had an SSL 4k!

Overall this is a great sounding tool, and very well thought of.
Looking forward to studying the updated manual too.

I'll be glad to be back with more feedback if it helps, once I am back to my trusted speakers!

*BTW: Would you say that the output stage would work nicely as a summing emulation on busses? Or is it a whole different thing? I was thinking of having a full LOADED strip on tracks, and a compressor & output stage on busses. Would that make sense? Or is the preamp on line mode (mic button off) better for that purpose?

Thanks!
Old 15th September 2020
  #71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusionaire View Post
Looking forward to that too, so I can also try things like:

Just the compressor/EQ/output* on a bus.
Just the preamp on a track.

But again I am not complaining. After all, most hardware consoles didn't have the option to change the order of the processors. They just had a good sounding EQ and a fixed insert point, where you connected your limited number of outboard compressors. Not every studio had an SSL 4k!

Overall this is a great sounding tool, and very well thought of.
Looking forward to studying the updated manual too.

I'll be glad to be back with more feedback if it helps, once I am back to my trusted speakers!

*BTW: Would you say that the output stage would work nicely as a summing emulation on busses? Or is it a whole different thing? I was thinking of having a full LOADED strip on tracks, and a compressor & output stage on busses. Would that make sense? Or is the preamp on line mode (mic button off) better for that purpose?

Thanks!
Output stage does nothing. It's just digital output to keep overall signal clean. Same with Main Input knob. It's clean digital input to just rise input level before preamp to set gain.

As i said, input and output (main controls) have no their own character. So, you can use Only Compressor -> Only Preamp (Line). But main section must be on. Cause it has main bypass at the same time.

Actually, i can't suggest this because preamp section is not good for summing. It's designed as input line/mic module. Different than console/summing mixer output section. But, no rule... If you like sound, you're free!
Old 16th September 2020
  #72
Lives for gear
 
patrick81's Avatar
Good job on this Tunka! made this video trying out the final modules

Old 16th September 2020
  #73
Hey!

Just updated Manual and added extra GUI files.

*Special thanks to mysolo2you.

Please, check Patreon page.

Thanks.
Old 16th September 2020
  #74
Gear Head
 

Hi,

After this update LOADED isn't recognized by Logic Pro 9 anymore. I have used all previous versions with no problems. All other AO-plugs show up in the plugin manager except for this one. Strange, or is there a logical explanation?

Last edited by Warns; 16th September 2020 at 01:54 PM..
Old 16th September 2020
  #75
Lives for gear
 
cprompt's Avatar
 

Just tried the latest version, it sounds great! Great job Tunca
Old 16th September 2020
  #76
Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
Just tried the latest version, it sounds great! Great job Tunca
Thanks!

Quote:
Hi,

After this update LOADED isn't recognized by Logic Pro 9 anymore. I have used all previous versions with no problems. All other AO-plugs show up in the plugin manager except for this one. Strange, or is there a logical explanation?
Do you get any error? Or what's happening?
Old 16th September 2020
  #77
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogObsession View Post
Thanks!



Do you get any error? Or what's happening?
When I load a project where I used LOADED from an earlier version it says "Logic Pro: Plug-in โ€œLOADEDโ€ not available!" and it's not in the plugin-list in Plugin-manager.

Best//Jorgen
Old 16th September 2020
  #78
Gear Nut
 

Tunca,

Thanks for the final, really love your plugins, much respect to developers who put all their energy into development and give it out for free. Same goes for Chris Airwindows.

Loaded works well, i really dig the deesser how it behaves.
Old 16th September 2020
  #79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warns View Post
When I load a project where I used LOADED from an earlier version it says "Logic Pro: Plug-in โ€œLOADEDโ€ not available!" and it's not in the plugin-list in Plugin-manager.

Best//Jorgen
It's interesting.

Actually, i fixed my sidechain option with LOADED. My other compressors cause problem with Logic Pro X because of sidechain. I fixed that issue.

But, Logic Pro 9 and Logic Pro X have different ways to handle sidechain of 3rd party plugins. There is no issue with Logic Pro X. This can be problem...

Also, i had to fix this because Ableton Live has different sidechain handling for AU's.

In the other hand, LOADED finished version has sidechain option for compressor. So, Logic is probably confused about channel detection.


To see if this is the problem, please follow these steps:

1. Remove LOADED from plugin folder
2. Open Logic and rescan plugins
3. Close Logic and put LOADED to plugin folder
4. Open Logic and rescan plugins

Thanks.
Old 17th September 2020
  #80
Gear Head
 

Thanks for the reply, Tunca. Unfortunately I couldn't make it work.
Old 17th September 2020
  #81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warns View Post
Thanks for the reply, Tunca. Unfortunately I couldn't make it work.
So, we have sidechain detection issue with Logic Pro 9.

Did you try plugin manager to force rescan?
Old 17th September 2020
  #82
Lives for gear
 
DrAudioBot's Avatar
Hey Tunca, just downloaded latest version and it also doesn't load inside Ableton Live.
Old 17th September 2020
  #83
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAudioBot View Post
Hey Tunca, just downloaded latest version and it also doesn't load inside Ableton Live.
Hmm, strange...

Will check it quickly.

Thanks.
Old 17th September 2020
  #84
Gear Maniac
 

Tunca

Regarding the alternative GUI :

Running resource hacker (on windows10), I don't understand what files goes with the files to be replaced. you named the files with regular name and within RH, one can only see 101, 102, etc... I also failed to load the *.rsrc.

Specific instructions with regards to Resource Haceker for windows are needed. (I did manage to replace the face-plate which is gorgeous)

Thannks
Old 17th September 2020
  #85
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAudioBot View Post
Hey Tunca, just downloaded latest version and it also doesn't load inside Ableton Live.
No problem here, click the >use vst2 custom folder< if you have one. This does a deep scan of your plugins.

Turn the plug-in folder off and on again
If you've verified that you've installed it to the correct folder, and that folder is active in Live's Preferences โ†’ Plug-ins, then disable the plug-in folder and re-enable it.

Wait for the plug-in scanning to complete, then check the browser list again. Alternatively, perform a full rescan of all installed plug-ins by holding ALT/Option and pressing "Rescan Plug-Ins".

Ableton :
https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/ar...4-20fda95bfbd2
Old 17th September 2020
  #86
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicLov3r View Post
Tunca

Regarding the alternative GUI :

Running resource hacker (on windows10), I don't understand what files goes with the files to be replaced. you named the files with regular name and within RH, one can only see 101, 102, etc... I also failed to load the *.rsrc.

Specific instructions with regards to Resource Haceker for windows are needed. (I did manage to replace the face-plate which is gorgeous)

Thannks
Hi Musiclov3r,
I did the extra GUI, but i work on MAC OS and not on windows.
I propose you this way to replace extra GUI on windows because i saw it in a forum, but i didn't test it, but im searching now the better and easy way to show the best solution to do that on windows plateform.
be patient,and very sorry you.
I'm working on
Old 17th September 2020
  #87
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysolo2you View Post
Hi Musiclov3r,
I did the extra GUI, but i work on MAC OS and not on windows.
I propose you this way to replace extra GUI on windows because i saw it in a forum, but i didn't test it, but im searching now the better and easy way to show the best solution to do that on windows plateform.
be patient,and very sorry you.
I'm working on
Thank you very much !









.
Old 19th September 2020
  #88
Gear Maniac
 

Good stuff, Tunca!

One minor thing about the GUI, there are four IN buttons that are located at the same place on every unit and two IN buttons (on the equalizer and main controller) that are located somewhere else. This is not consistent. Maybe I'll get used to it after a while, but I'm searching for those two IN buttons almost every time.
Old 19th September 2020
  #89
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotuz2019 View Post
Good stuff, Tunca!

One minor thing about the GUI, there are four IN buttons that are located at the same place on every unit and two IN buttons (on the equalizer and main controller) that are located somewhere else. This is not consistent. Maybe I'll get used to it after a while, but I'm searching for those two IN buttons almost every time.
Hi,
Very sorry for that.
Modules have been thinked like this. I just customized it.
Maybe i will redesign all the GUI later.
I'm learning how programming
It's my first GUI, i have never done it before...
Very very sorry.
Old 19th September 2020
  #90
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysolo2you View Post
Hi,
Very sorry for that.
Modules have been thinked like this. I just customized it.
Maybe i will redesign all the GUI later.
I'm learning how programming
It's my first GUI, i have never done it before...
Very very sorry.
No need to apologize at all. I'm impressed actually. Like I said, it's minor.
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 63 views: 8713
Avatar for onion
onion 25th January 2010
replies: 12322 views: 1418132
Avatar for Pictus
Pictus 11 hours ago
replies: 4795 views: 325529
Avatar for pppch
pppch 5 minutes ago
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
๐Ÿ–จ๏ธ Show Printable Version
โœ‰๏ธ Email this Page
๐Ÿ” Search thread
๐ŸŽ™๏ธ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump