Empirical Labs announces availability of its BIG FrEQ plug-in - Page 47 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Empirical Labs announces availability of its BIG FrEQ plug-in
Old 16th October 2020 | Show parent
Gear Head

AB compare?
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Derr View Post
Tone Tweakers

Just to re-iterate some things we are planning to implement in the near future:

*) Auto Enable to turn on a section when a Knob is turned
*) Mid-Side implementation
*) Controller Mapping for Icon and D-command AVID Stuff
*) Quick Parm Automation in PT - This is already done but someone asked. Ctrl+Option+Command+Click will enable a Parm for automation.
*) Blanking out the Spectral Display to prevent distraction for some engineers.
*) Cloud Protection is in our plans, but machine (Computer based) protection still isn't as secure
*) Undo is on the list, but can have issues on some DAWs
*) AAX-DSP was implemented in our Arousor, and it is something we are definitely considering for 2021 in the BIG FrEQ.
*) Auto-Re-order will be revisited, but most folks have not had issues with the COPY function when they need to change position, and have the Big Readouts at the bottom for quick reference, with the Frequency on top. The sections are numbered 1 - 6 and moving them around will open up confusion with automation, and when recalled in presets. But perhaps a macro could be created that would move the settings to their proper places, but not the actual numbered PEQ band.

Looking into VST3 as we have one report of it being slower than in previous revs, and another report that Delay Compensation when Oversampling is not working on Windows 10, in Cubase VST3 version.

I'll be posting another video, endorsements, and links to reviews in the next day or two. Enjoy your new toys and stay safe until then!
All great stuff!

I have a suggestion as a potential solution to the reorder bands and automation dilemma.

Would it be possible alongside the copy function to have some kind of a swap function? Because the problem appears for me when you have two active bands you want to swap to get them in order, and when you paste from one band you loose the other bands settings which makes it very hard to arrange them in order.

With a swap option under the copy drop down you choose the track you want to swap with and baam order restored... something along those lines. Its very close to the copy function but it makes it much easier and saves a lot of clicking. And it is a more deliberate action than a automatic order button since you actively have to choose "from and to".

Hopefully this is a helpful suggestion!
unr
Gear Addict

Quote:
Looking into VST3 as we have one report of it being slower than in previous revs, and another report that Delay Compensation when Oversampling is not working on Windows 10, in Cubase VST3 version.
Please also look into Ableton Live 10 on Windows 10, there is no reported latency whatever OS I choose. Seems it's not reporting latency at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
Cool thanks for that.
When loaded in BIGFreq the curve produced is slightly different to the curves produced by the three decks at 30ips in Cupwise's AX102.
They all have a bit of a top end bump.
Have you rolled the top end off a bit to suit your taste ?
Looks more like one of the Flattened options in AX102.
Generally I align for flattest response in the high end. With my ATR I can get it to within +0/-0.5 up to 16k.

There's no reason to have a high end bump unless you align it that way on purpose because it flatters the material.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
Hopping in to say this sounds great - perfect color complement to a ProQ, and goes great with the Arousor (which sounds a hell of a lot like my distressor I know and love). Buying both right now, thanks Dave.

My one thing is this:

To me, the display either needs to be a shape display with waveforms/bars, etc., displaying in real-time, or not visible. Staring at the curves just takes me way out of the moment. My vote is go old school - I love the idea of opening up a BigFreq, shutting my eyes off, and going ears only at that point in processing.

Cheers,
MG
or have the on/off button
Gear Maniac

[QUOTE=Dave Derr;15043345]Tone Tweakers

Just to re-iterate some things we are planning to implement in the near future:

*) Auto-Re-order will be revisited, but most folks have not had issues with the COPY function when they need to change position, and have the Big Readouts at the bottom for quick reference, with the Frequency on top. The sections are numbered 1 - 6 and moving them around will open up confusion with automation, and when recalled in presets. But perhaps a macro could be created that would move the settings to their proper places, but not the actual numbered PEQ band.

Thanks for all the upcoming features.
and yes that is the best solution IMHO.
The Distressor's "daddy"

Showing up with the Big Guys!

Miss ya, John! Another person I'm not gonna see at NAMM this year.

Mix Therapy - https://www.mix-therapy.com/the-empirical-labs-big-freq

Attached Thumbnails
Empirical Labs announces availability of its BIG FrEQ plug-in-big-freq-quotes-16x9-johnp.jpg  

Last edited by Dave Derr; 17th October 2020 at 04:52 AM..
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLaPointe View Post
Generally I align for flattest response in the high end. With my ATR I can get it to within +0/-0.5 up to 16k.

There's no reason to have a high end bump unless you align it that way on purpose because it flatters the material.
Interesting, thanks.
Also interesting how your preset has oversampling in the FINISHER set to 8x.

For anyone interested here is the Cupwise AX102 manual with pics of the curves of the decks modelled:

https://www.cupwise.com/product-manu...ls-1-Ax102.pdf

Back on to topic - BIGFrEQ is a joy to use.
Coupled with Arousor and you have a powerful channel strip, producing stellar results.
Old 17th October 2020
Gear Head

HI Dave, just to report a persistent crash parade, trying to reopen a previously saved session on Ableton Live 10.1.18 (sierra 10.12.6) and the crash report is stating bigfreq VST3 as the issue in the crashed thread. Sierra 10.12.6 . I could forward you the report. These sessions were probably originally created with 0.95 or 0.96

After a few hours more of desperately trying to recover my almost final mix I tried saving a brand new template and importing all the said tracks and resaving and it crashes again when trying to reopen. Also I recreated another brand new template with no previous Big freq instances and then created new ones and recalled the presets and saved the session only to have it crash sontinuosly again when trying to open. And that was my mix day :(

Also tried to upgrade Live to latest 10.1.25 and downgrade BigFreq to 0.99 and did all the above again and same results. Id really appreciate some help asap , and ive opened a ticket. Cheers.
Old 17th October 2020 | Show parent
The Distressor's "daddy"

Ferrous - I've PM'd you, but yes, please forward the report as PM or to [email protected], as they are often helpful. Second, can you specify to use AU instead VST? Sorry I am not an Ableton user, but perhaps you can move all instances to AU to get through the sessions?

We'll get you working again, quick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrousMeuhler View Post
HI Dave, just to report a persistent crash parade, trying to reopen a previously saved session on Ableton Live 10.1.18 (sierra 10.12.6) and the crash report is stating bigfreq VST3 as the issue in the crashed thread. Sierra 10.12.6 . I could forward you the report. These sessions were probably originally created with 0.9.5 or 0.9.6. Cheers.

Last edited by Dave Derr; 17th October 2020 at 07:21 AM..
Old 17th October 2020
Lives for gear

Having one small issue with V1 VST3 Studio One 5.0.2. Huge CPU spikes when I change oversampling amount.
B.
Old 17th October 2020
Gear Addict

Logic has some slow redraw of GUI when opening the about panel. But very minor thing.
Old 17th October 2020 | Show parent
The Distressor's "daddy"

Joe Zook

Another Favorite Sonic Scientist Gives the FrEQ a Little Drive

"GOOD STUFF

-love how the top part of the EQ is like a quick and easy and simple stuff—total derr-mind-frame that i love! PHASE button at the top with filters and output THANK YOU..and high and lo shelf and finisher all at top….love the layout.
-love the sound of the finisher and the hi and lo shelf…haven’t messed with filters yet.
-love how intuitive the parametric controls are and the width and slope functions are super fast and obvious. real quick test i was immediately liking how they sounded.
-tried it on stereo buss and improved it….put it on a snare buss and it was NAILED…super good! sounds analog and vibrant.
-love how all the bands come up OFF and when you turn them on the bright green light goes on and the big huge numbers at the bottom light up white and are quick and obvious.
-love the numerical values inside the knobs.
-love the sound of the curves, widths and slopes!! this will take a while to truly get the feel of…but I throw out 90% of plug ins I try just based on annoying **** like this that make me work harder, not easier. This is easy. THANK YOU."

Joe Zook
(AJR, Katy Perry, One Direction, Marc Broussard, U2, Serena Ryder, Modest Mouse, Rachel Platten, Keith Urban)
Attached Thumbnails
Empirical Labs announces availability of its BIG FrEQ plug-in-joe-zook-studio-2010.jpg  

Last edited by Dave Derr; 17th October 2020 at 08:35 PM..
Old 19th October 2020 | Show parent
The Distressor's "daddy"

Working Weekend here... even more than usual. What a quick one though.

After we fix some things in a minor upcoming rev, we may be asking for some thoughts and opinions on new features for upcoming revs. A bit of market-slutz research. This place is GREAT for that.

We finally got a few presets in our Sharing community, and will probably slide one or two in the next minor rev. Some appear to be from folks here, so thank ya! Gotta go through them.

I'll be doing a bit of posting tomorrow, and shall see ya then. Best to all!
Old 19th October 2020
Gear Addict

Gosh forget the other feature request for now. When is MS going to be implemented? Ha! I can live with some of these issues lol but this thing on MS will be on steriods! Because the filters sounds good! So #1 MS please!
Lives for gear

MS is all we need!
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by goshalev View Post
MS is all we need!
Yes, yes and yes. I didn't realize it at first as I was tryin it on single tracks. A while ago I was mastering a few songs and tried BigFreq. The filters sounds so good! Then my gut tells me, switch to MS mode so I could eq better some of the instruments poking out, but theres non!

At first I was so focused on this things GUI and workflow.
Like the graphical gui hidden, the big numbers at the bottom etc.
If you began working with BigFreq you begin to ask for for flexibility and utility. Youll want more of those filters.
So now MS should be the first to be implemented.

I mean I could wait for the other revs like eyecandy but enabling MS opens up a whole new world with this plugin.

So #1 MS!
Lives for gear

Quote:
After we fix some things in a minor upcoming rev, we may be asking for some thoughts and opinions on new features for upcoming revs. A bit of market-slutz research. This place is GREAT for that.
AAX-DSP!?!???

Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
The Distressor's "daddy"

Limited Beta Version

Allo Allo

We have a new Beta Revision for anyone who has had VST3 issues, especially if they concern Oversampling. If you do not use VST3, we recommend you wait until some initial Beta Testers confirm it fixes things, and does NOT break anything else! We have done some Alpha testing and have initially confirmed this rev fixes Ableton crashes that occur when opening saved sessions with VST3 instances of the BIG FrEQ on it, especially when oversampling is used.

Beta Rev 1.0.1 is now up on our DOWNLOAD PAGE at the bottom on the BETA LINKS.

http://www.empiricallabs.com/downloads/

It may be generally prudent to make a backup of your Presets folder, especially if you have spent time tweaking some presets. We do not anticipate any preset problems, however.

We are working on an Uninstaller and have a rough one working, but the interface is a little confusing. However, we can employ it should this or future revs break a session and cause a "Panic Situation". The uninstaller will be tweaked over the next few weeks and eventually be available on our website.

HP and LP Filter Defaults - Someone emailed about how much they liked the HP and LP Filters, and loved the default settings. I told him the slopes and Q were tried, tested, and proven over the last 40 years. He says "But the Plug-in is brand new?" Well, we closely copied the HP and LP from the NEVE 1073, like we did on our Lil FrEQ. Rupert put in that fraction of a dB hump (resonance) before dropoff, and it's just so tasty! It prevents thin-ness near the HP Cutoff, while steepening the slope after. LP is similar, often preventing unnecessary dulling. Both are 3rd order, and therefore quite steep.

Will be asking some specific questions in the next week or so. Already starting to implement new features. The way our developers kick butt, I wouldn't be surprised if you see some in a Rev before we get to November.

I'll Be Back
The Derminator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twrogstudio View Post
Having one small issue with V1 VST3 Studio One 5.0.2. Huge CPU spikes when I change oversampling amount.
B.

Last edited by Dave Derr; 4 weeks ago at 09:38 PM..
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Allo Allo

We have a new Beta Revision for anyone who has had VST3 issues, especially if they concern Oversampling. If you do not use VST3, we recommend you wait until some initial Beta Testers confirm it fixes things, and does NOT break anything else! We have done some Alpha testing and have initially confirmed this rev fixes Ableton crashes that occur when opening saved sessions with VST3 instances of the BIG FrEQ on it, especially when oversampling is used.

These links are a one click download, so the second you click them, they will download to your computer, usually to the Downloads folder by default. From there you can click and run them to install.

BIG FrEQ 1.0.1 Mac Installer
http://www.empiricallabs.com/download/big-freq-beta-mac-installer/

BIG FrEQ 1.0.1 Windows Installer
http://www.empiricallabs.com/download/big-freq-beta-windows-installer/

It may be generally prudent to make a backup of your Presets folder, especially if you have spent time tweaking some presets. We do not anticipate any preset problems, however.

We are working on an Uninstaller and have a rough one working, but the interface is a little confusing. However, we can employ it should this or future revs break a session and cause a "Panic Situation". The uninstaller will be tweaked over the next few weeks and eventually be available on our website.

HP and LP Filter Defaults - Someone emailed about how much they liked the HP and LP Filters, and loved the default settings. I told him the slopes and Q were tried, tested, and proven over the last 40 years. He says "But the Plug-in is brand new?" Well, we closely copied the HP and LP from the NEVE 1073, like we did on our Lil FrEQ. Rupert put in that fraction of a dB hump (resonance) before dropoff, and it's just so tasty! It prevents thin-ness near the HP Cutoff, while steepening the slope after. LP is similar, often preventing unnecessary dulling. Both are 3rd order, and therefore quite steep.

Will be asking some specific questions in the next week or so. Already starting to implement new features. The way our developers kick butt, I wouldn't be surprised if you see some in a Rev before we get to November.

I'll Be Back
The Derminator
Thanks Dave!

Checked before and after on the same track in a mix with this latest beta, went from about 2.8% to 2.2% for that instance. Using latest Reaper on a mac.

Also had som glitching when adding another instance before, which seems to be gone now after some brief testing!
The Distressor's "daddy"

Beta Baytah

All Yez

Looks like there were quite a few downloads of the Beta 1.0.1, and we are wondering if anyone has had any issues, AND, if it has fixed all VST3 issues including Delay Compensation reporting when Oversampling is used in the FINISHER?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RitchieBorg View Post
Thanks Dave!

Checked before and after on the same track in a mix with this latest beta, went from about 2.8% to 2.2% for that instance. Using latest Reaper on a mac.

Also had som glitching when adding another instance before, which seems to be gone now after some brief testing!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Hi! How long it takes to receive email confirmation for the demo? I requested more than 24 hours ago and still nothing. thanks!
Gear Maniac

Quote:
All Yez

Looks like there were quite a few downloads of the Beta 1.0.1, and we are wondering if anyone has had any issues, AND, if it has fixed all VST3 issues including Delay Compensation reporting when Oversampling is used in the FINISHER?
Hi Dave,

I'm not seeing any channel latency displayed in the mixer of Nuendo 10.3/W10/VST3 - irrespective of the FINISHER/Oversampling setting. Ver 1.01

Cheers,
Robin
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Still have the high CPU VST3 bug in Reaper Dave.

Last edited by b0se; 4 weeks ago at 03:00 PM..
unr
Gear Addict

Quote:
All Yez

Hey,

can load my old projects saved with 0.9x just fine in 1.0.1 (Ableton 10.1.17, Win10 v1909, VST3)

Still no latency reported in Ableton Live 10.1 on Windows 10 v1909 though, when turning on Oversampling above 1x (OS button is white -> enabled, Finisher also white)
How is the oversampling implemented? Linear or Minimum Phase filters? There should be latency right?
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Tomb View Post
Hi! How long it takes to receive email confirmation for the demo? I requested more than 24 hours ago and still nothing. thanks!
The demo is baked in to the plugin. The first time you open it in your DAW, it will ask you to either activate it or try it. You will need an iLok USB to activate the demo.

If you didn't receive an email with the installers, go to http://empiricallabs.com/downloading-plugin-installers/

Thank you everyone for trying out our beta versions. Your feedback is extremely helpful!

If you find any bugs, please submit them to us via our Bug Report Form on our website so we can attempt to replicate them on our systems.

-Chris
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

These Presets heavily used the Flat curves and the HPF/LPF Filters. ( Band interaction )

You can adjust the brightness/warmth of these presets by controlling the Q on the LPF & HPF.

MIXBUSS R1

<BigFrEQ pluginMaximized="1" bandRange1="1" lowPassQIn="1" highPassQIn="1"
bandFocus1="0" current_preset="Mixbuss R1">
<PARAM id="BAND_FREQ_0" value="34.69332885742188"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_FREQ_1" value="441.5900268554688"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_FREQ_2" value="4125.42529296875"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_FREQ_3" value="17489.115234375"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_FREQ_4" value="3374.1884765625"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_FREQ_5" value="188.8129272460938"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_GAIN_0" value="1.101150512695312"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_GAIN_1" value="-0.8658485412597656"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_GAIN_2" value="0.6769580841064453"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_GAIN_3" value="1.067583084106445"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_GAIN_4" value="-1.14765739440918"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_GAIN_5" value="-1.176179885864258"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_IN_0" value="1.0"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_IN_1" value="1.0"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_IN_2" value="1.0"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_IN_3" value="1.0"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_IN_4" value="1.0"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_IN_5" value="1.0"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_LISTEN_0" value="0.0"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_LISTEN_1" value="0.0"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_LISTEN_2" value="0.0"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_LISTEN_3" value="0.0"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_LISTEN_4" value="0.0"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_LISTEN_5" value="0.0"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_SLOPE_0" value="49.44187164306641"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_SLOPE_1" value="43.57125854492188"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_SLOPE_2" value="45.67312622070312"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_SLOPE_3" value="60.0"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_SLOPE_4" value="60.0"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_SLOPE_5" value="19.9487419128418"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_WIDTH_0" value="1.080597281455994"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_WIDTH_1" value="0.9712528586387634"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_WIDTH_2" value="0.8916294574737549"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_WIDTH_3" value="0.6586346626281738"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_WIDTH_4" value="1.096938371658325"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_WIDTH_5" value="0.3239032328128815"/>
<PARAM id="FINISHER" value="1.661458134651184"/>
<PARAM id="FINISHER_IN" value="1.0"/>
<PARAM id="HIGH_PASS" value="20.4239559173584"/>
<PARAM id="HIGH_PASS_IN" value="1.0"/>
<PARAM id="HIGH_PASS_Q" value="1.160669565200806"/>
<PARAM id="HIGH_PASS_SLOPE" value="2.0"/>
<PARAM id="HIGH_SHELF" value="0.3535998165607452"/>
<PARAM id="HIGH_SHELF_IN" value="1.0"/>
<PARAM id="LOW_PASS" value="20000.0"/>
<PARAM id="LOW_PASS_IN" value="1.0"/>
<PARAM id="LOW_PASS_Q" value="1.26117****151672"/>
<PARAM id="LOW_PASS_SLOPE" value="2.0"/>
<PARAM id="LOW_SHELF" value="0.8909674882888794"/>
<PARAM id="LOW_SHELF_IN" value="1.0"/>
<PARAM id="OUTPUT_GAIN" value="0.003040313720703125"/>
<PARAM id="OVERSAMPLING" value="3.0"/>
<PARAM id="OVERSAMPLING_IN" value="1.0"/>
<PARAM id="POLARITY" value="0.0"/>
</BigFrEQ>

MIXBUSS R2

<BigFrEQ pluginMaximized="1" bandRange1="1" lowPassQIn="1" highPassQIn="1"
bandFocus1="0" current_preset="Mixbuss R2">
<PARAM id="BAND_FREQ_0" value="34.69332885742188"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_FREQ_1" value="441.5900268554688"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_FREQ_2" value="4125.42529296875"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_FREQ_3" value="17489.115234375"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_FREQ_4" value="3374.1884765625"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_FREQ_5" value="188.8129272460938"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_GAIN_0" value="1.550764083862305"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_GAIN_1" value="-0.8658485412597656"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_GAIN_2" value="2.151573181152344"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_GAIN_3" value="0.8582077026367188"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_GAIN_4" value="-1.14765739440918"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_GAIN_5" value="-0.5230579376220703"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_SLOPE_0" value="49.44187164306641"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_SLOPE_1" value="43.57125854492188"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_SLOPE_2" value="45.67312622070312"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_SLOPE_5" value="19.9487419128418"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_WIDTH_0" value="1.080597281455994"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_WIDTH_1" value="0.9712528586387634"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_WIDTH_2" value="0.8916294574737549"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_WIDTH_3" value="0.6586346626281738"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_WIDTH_4" value="1.096938371658325"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_WIDTH_5" value="0.3239032328128815"/>
<PARAM id="FINISHER" value="2.250390291213989"/>
<PARAM id="HIGH_PASS" value="20.4239559173584"/>
<PARAM id="HIGH_PASS_Q" value="1.160669565200806"/>
<PARAM id="HIGH_SHELF" value="0.3428157567977905"/>
<PARAM id="LOW_PASS_Q" value="1.416980981826782"/>
<PARAM id="LOW_PASS_SLOPE" value="3.0"/>
<PARAM id="LOW_SHELF" value="0.8909674882888794"/>
</BigFrEQ>

DRUM PRESETS: ACOUSTIC DIRECT MICS

KICK R1

<BigFrEQ pluginMaximized="1" lowPassQIn="1" current_preset="Kick R1">
<PARAM id="BAND_FREQ_0" value="39.69187927246094"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_FREQ_1" value="70.98019409179688"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_FREQ_2" value="999.9999389648438"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_FREQ_3" value="422.9245300292969"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_FREQ_4" value="5808.69775390625"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_FREQ_5" value="10000.0009765625"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_GAIN_0" value="2.533588409423828"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_GAIN_1" value="-2.740621566772461"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_GAIN_2" value="0.0"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_GAIN_3" value="-1.69413948059082"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_GAIN_4" value="6.031246185302734"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_GAIN_5" value="0.0"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_SLOPE_0" value="60.0"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_SLOPE_1" value="38.12187194824219"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_SLOPE_2" value="12.0"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_SLOPE_5" value="12.0"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_WIDTH_0" value="0.6371654272079468"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_WIDTH_1" value="0.6453460454940796"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_WIDTH_2" value="1.00000011920929"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_WIDTH_3" value="0.6999177932739258"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_WIDTH_4" value="1.683040499687195"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_WIDTH_5" value="1.00000011920929"/>
<PARAM id="FINISHER" value="2.074868679046631"/>
<PARAM id="HIGH_PASS" value="20.14958190917969"/>
<PARAM id="HIGH_PASS_Q" value="1.070000052452087"/>
<PARAM id="HIGH_SHELF" value="0.0"/>
<PARAM id="LOW_PASS" value="15690.35546875"/>
<PARAM id="LOW_PASS_Q" value="3.857404470443726"/>
<PARAM id="LOW_SHELF" value="0.0"/>
<PARAM id="OUTPUT_GAIN" value="-2.662576675415039"/>
</BigFrEQ>

SNARE R1

<BigFrEQ pluginMaximized="1" lowPassQIn="1" current_preset="Snare R1">
<PARAM id="BAND_FREQ_0" value="130.7920227050781"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_FREQ_1" value="287.7327880859375"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_FREQ_3" value="1999.999877929688"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_FREQ_4" value="5395.1533203125"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_GAIN_0" value="2.630466461181641"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_GAIN_1" value="-1.909765243530273"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_GAIN_3" value="0.0"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_GAIN_4" value="2.698047637939453"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_SLOPE_1" value="45.02062225341797"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_SLOPE_3" value="12.0"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_SLOPE_4" value="49.17874908447266"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_WIDTH_0" value="1.00000011920929"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_WIDTH_1" value="1.00000011920929"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_WIDTH_3" value="1.00000011920929"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_WIDTH_4" value="0.5046270489692688"/>
<PARAM id="FINISHER" value="3.67591118812561"/>
<PARAM id="HIGH_PASS" value="94.07829284667969"/>
<PARAM id="HIGH_SHELF" value="5.640483856201172"/>
<PARAM id="LOW_PASS_Q" value="2.140847682952881"/>
<PARAM id="OVERSAMPLING" value="0.0"/>
</BigFrEQ>

CLEAN GUITARS DEHARSH

<BigFrEQ pluginMaximized="1" lowPassQIn="1" current_preset="CL-GT DeHarsh R1">
<PARAM id="BAND_FREQ_0" value="100.0000305175781"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_FREQ_1" value="696.8162231445312"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_FREQ_2" value="1759.84033203125"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_FREQ_3" value="3571.6484375"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_FREQ_4" value="4000.0"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_GAIN_0" value="0.0"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_GAIN_1" value="-1.568361282348633"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_GAIN_2" value="3.015235900878906"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_GAIN_3" value="-2.933979034423828"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_GAIN_4" value="0.0"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_SLOPE_0" value="12.0"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_SLOPE_1" value="42.2818717956543"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_SLOPE_4" value="12.0"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_WIDTH_1" value="0.6458866596221924"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_WIDTH_3" value="1.350267767906189"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_WIDTH_4" value="1.247331857681274"/>
<PARAM id="FINISHER" value="3.418619871139526"/>
<PARAM id="HIGH_PASS" value="77.57923889160156"/>
<PARAM id="LOW_PASS_Q" value="0.4568526744842529"/>
</BigFrEQ>

RHODES

<BigFrEQ pluginMaximized="1" lowPassQIn="1" highPassQIn="1" current_preset="Rhodes R1">
<PARAM id="BAND_FREQ_0" value="361.0796203613281"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_FREQ_1" value="912.00830078125"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_FREQ_3" value="1999.999877929688"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_FREQ_4" value="4000.0"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_GAIN_0" value="1.742576599121094"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_GAIN_1" value="-1.09687614440918"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_GAIN_3" value="0.0"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_GAIN_4" value="0.810943603515625"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_SLOPE_1" value="12.0"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_SLOPE_3" value="12.0"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_WIDTH_1" value="1.00000011920929"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_WIDTH_3" value="1.00000011920929"/>
<PARAM id="BAND_WIDTH_4" value="0.7562036514282227"/>
<PARAM id="FINISHER" value="3.987890243530273"/>
<PARAM id="HIGH_PASS" value="108.711181640625"/>
<PARAM id="HIGH_PASS_Q" value="0.6501340270042419"/>
<PARAM id="LOW_PASS_Q" value="2.412420272827148"/>
<PARAM id="LOW_SHELF" value="2.473387956619263"/>
</BigFrEQ>
The Distressor's "daddy"

Presets

rojhmusic - Thanks for these presets! May we get them on our Preset page when it is up and working in the next couple weeks? Got a bit to go but these look very useful, and I like your use of filter resonance to alter the overall timbre. It's really nice to have specific use presets like these.

Planning on the getting some GS thoughts on a few features this weekend. We started defining the next rev with new features, but are finishing up getting VST3 working perfectly on the various DAWs. But now's a good time to gather some information and do research on how to best implement the upcoming stuff, and know you all will be generous with your thoughts. Looking forward to this actually, as I have some learning and playing to do myself.

I'll be back to harass and irritate you later today.

Stay safe everyone. We're gonna need ya. And thanks again rojhmusic.
Gear Addict

Smile

Quote:
rojhmusic - Thanks for these presets! May we get them on our Preset page when it is up and working in the next couple weeks? Got a bit to go but these look very useful, and I like your use of filter resonance to alter the overall timbre. It's really nice to have specific use presets like these.

Planning on the getting some GS thoughts on a few features this weekend. We started defining the next rev with new features, but are finishing up getting VST3 working perfectly on the various DAWs. But now's a good time to gather some information and do research on how to best implement the upcoming stuff, and know you all will be generous with your thoughts. Looking forward to this actually, as I have some learning and playing to do myself.

I'll be back to harass and irritate you later today.

Stay safe everyone. We're gonna need ya. And thanks again rojhmusic.
The pleasure is mine. Anytime Dave! If you need anything you can hit me up!
Gear Addict

Quote:
Planning on the getting some GS thoughts on a few features this weekend.
Idea for the graph display area:

When opening Big FrEQ the graph display is showing by default, as it should when you open the plugin for the first time. Some have asked for an option to turn the graph off, which opens up a possibility to use the area for further developments of Big FrEQ. As an example, this area might be used for:

- The DerrEsser
- The TapeDerrmulation (using the DerrEsser section set to HF LIM, frequency at 6KHz - when the frequencies harshly pile up, the DS section kicks in, integrating and smoothing out the high end.)

How to toggle between the graph display & the new area (DerrEssser or other new functions)?

One way to do it is to use the available space on the "BigFREQ bar". The bar now holds a button for "Presets", "Default, the Big FrEQ title, help and window resize.

One could add a button to the right of "Default" that says "DerrEsser" (or another name for the new area). When you activate the new area, the title of the button changes name to "GraphDisplay", so that one can toggle back to view the visuals.

📝 Reply