The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Accentize "DeRoom Pro" professional room sound removal for post-production(VST3/AU/AAX)
Old 4th August 2020
Gear Head

Accentize "DeRoom Pro" professional room sound removal for post-production(VST3/AU/AAX)

Hey there,

After getting a lot of positive feedback on our previous DeRoom release we decided to continue working on it and came up with this new de-reverberation plugin for professional contexts. In comparison to DeRoom the following features have been added:
  • Improved Neural Network - the core algorithm has been further trained to be more accurate
  • Spectral Focus Mode - to tune all parameters in three adjustable frequency bands
  • Attack and Release - to tackle 'pumping' artifacts
  • Automatic Room Size - continuous adjustment to the source audio
  • Spectrogram Visualization - you can observe how DeRoom Pro is affecting each frequency
  • Difference Listening - listen to room sound only
  • Low Latency Mode - the overall latency can be reduced to roughly one third of the original latency

As always there is a free trial availabe and until the 20. August 2020 we offer a release discount of 25%.

If you already have a DeRoom license there is also an upgrade option which gives you another 30% off. Just use the first five characters of your DeRoom license key as a discount code during checkout!
Old 4th August 2020
Gear Addict

Sounds great from the video..especially the vocal which is the bane of my life
Old 4th August 2020
Gear Maniac

I'm looking forward to checking this out!

Sounds like the pro version is in the same league as VoiceGate, which is fantastic because VoiceGate is outstanding.

Also, i have yet to find a de-reverb that I like the sound of bette on than bypassed. That maybe a little harsh, but don't I know of of a de-reverb plug-in that I have been satisfied with.
Old 4th August 2020
Lives for gear

How well does it work on removing room resonances (boxy sound) rather than reverb? Any audio examples of that?

Thanks!
Old 4th August 2020
Lives for gear

This sounds awesome... Out of my price range for such a tool right now, though. Defo on the wishlist!
Old 5th August 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucelar View Post
How well does it work on removing room resonances (boxy sound) rather than reverb? Any audio examples of that?

Thanks!
We are currently working on more audio examples.

DeRoom Pro definitly also helps with reducing room resonances. If the automatic algorithm doesn't do the job you can try switching off the automation and selecting the small room algorithm. This one should most actively tackle resonances.
Old 5th August 2020
uli
Here for the gear

Just tried it with vocals, which were taken with a boom mic in a larger environment with resonances at 250 HZ. DeRoom Pro solved the problems without artifacts at once in the standard setting.
Clear clean vocal take, as if it was recorded in a studio. Great.
BR Uli
Old 9th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Great on dialog tracks. Makes it easier to hear the track. I purchased!

Last edited by majoraxis; 9th August 2020 at 05:41 PM..
Old 9th August 2020
Lives for gear

Wow!
Old 10th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgraf View Post
We are currently working on more audio examples.

DeRoom Pro definitly also helps with reducing room resonances. If the automatic algorithm doesn't do the job you can try switching off the automation and selecting the small room algorithm. This one should most actively tackle resonances.
Please, provide more audio examples. I'm interested in this one.
Old 10th August 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagz View Post
Please, provide more audio examples. I'm interested in this one.
There are now two additional audio examples on the product page:
www.accentize.com/DeRoomPro

In any case you can check out the free trial version to see how it works for the type of audio you are dealing with.
Old 10th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
There are now two additional audio examples on the product page:
www.accentize.com/DeRoomPro

In any case you can check out the free trial version to see how it works for the type of audio you are dealing with.
Thanks!!!!

EDIT: I just listened to the audio examples you provided. They are absolutely silent. No sound whatsoever. I even downloaded them to double-check.

Last edited by wagz; 10th August 2020 at 12:41 PM..
Old 10th August 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagz View Post
Thanks!!!!

EDIT: I just listened to the audio examples you provided. They are absolutely silent. No sound whatsoever. I even downloaded them to double-check.
I just checked on different devices and it works. I will continue to see if I can reproduce your issue with different browsers etc.
Old 10th August 2020
Gear Head

seems to work everywhere. maybe a brwoser extension or something similar is blocking the audio in your case.

however, I just uploaded both examples here. Wet is original and Dry is processed with DeRoomPro with a rather aggressive setting.
Attached Files

deroom_pro_example1_wet.mp3 (66.4 KB, 2943 views)

deroom_pro_example1_dry.mp3 (66.4 KB, 2898 views)

deroom_pro_example2_wet.mp3 (109.1 KB, 2927 views)

deroom_pro_example2_dry.mp3 (109.1 KB, 2953 views)

Old 10th August 2020
Lives for gear

In my first test, RX Dialogue De-Verb did a much better job.
Old 11th August 2020
Hi guys, the plugin sounds really good. Very natural sound with minimal artefacts. I've been using Acon Digital De Verberate with great results but this seems to be picking up the extra bits left behind.

However, it's crashed Pro Tools twice on me already. Using PT 2020.3 on an iMac running Catalina 10.15.6
Just thought you should know. Cheers
Old 11th August 2020
Gear Head

this is the first time we hear about any crashes. However this is something that never should happen and we will fix it as soon as possible.
I sent you a PM to get some more details about your system to find out why until now only you experienced this issue.

I will post here when it is fixed!
Old 11th August 2020
Impressive. The best reverb removal tool I have came across. Really natural, especially in the multi band mode.
Old 12th August 2020
Hi all, just wanted to update my post above re crashes. Ben from Accentize reached out via private message to help determine what the issue was. Turns out it was related to the trial version of the plugin. Playing back a session and then trying to activate during playback caused Pro Tools to take a dump.

Ben hooked me up with a license and things have been rock solid here all morning. I'm working on some dialogue recorded in an old house with high ceilings :(

I've tried a bunch of these types of plugins in the past week and this is by far the most natural sounding of the lot. I'm also using Acon Digital DeVerberate but this one comes in handy to process after the fact, removing what that plugin seems have to trouble catching.

Cheers
Old 12th August 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
... Turns out it was related to the trial version of the plugin. Playing back a session and then trying to activate during playback caused Pro Tools to take a dump.
Thanks for helping out.
I just uploaded version 1.0.1 which contains a fix for trial mode activation.
Old 18th August 2020
Gear Head

for those of you asking for more examples, production expert just published this video:

Old 18th August 2020
Lives for gear
I will demo this, but quick question:
I notice it being compared to iZotope and Acon, but has anyone compared it to Zynaptiq Unveil?
Old 18th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
seems to work everywhere. maybe a brwoser extension or something similar is blocking the audio in your case.

however, I just uploaded both examples here. Wet is original and Dry is processed with DeRoomPro with a rather aggressive setting.
Sounds impressive from the examples but shouldn't processed be called the "wet" version and unprocessed be the "dry" version?

I understand that because it is taking reverb (or De-rooming) away and not adding it, it is tempting to call it "dry". However I still think it should be called "wet" when processed...

Otherwise, as I said, the examples sound impressive. I see there is a demo available so I will demo it.

Cheers.
Old 19th August 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
Sounds impressive from the examples but shouldn't processed be called the "wet" version and unprocessed be the "dry" version?

I understand that because it is taking reverb (or De-rooming) away and not adding it, it is tempting to call it "dry". However I still think it should be called "wet" when processed...

Otherwise, as I said, the examples sound impressive. I see there is a demo available so I will demo it.

Cheers.

Yes, you are probably right there. Somehow it felt weird to call the unprocessed 'dry' in this case. But yes that would be the common way to put it.
Old 19th August 2020
Gear Head

I'm thrilled! Sounds very natural.
Old 20th August 2020
Gear Maniac

This has become part of my processing chain for dialog mics tracks. It works nicely with Boost, which is another new favorite. This is better than any other dereverb plugin I have tried. This is really unique in that it takes away the reverb and does not seem to adversely effect the signal. This is no small feat for a dereverb plugin. Also it makes it sound like it is a better recording. I believe it is worth the money if you have live voice tracks to process. With many plugins there is at least a few comparable plugins. For dereverb this stands alone as the only one the can do what it can do. There is no substitute IMHO.
Old 21st August 2020
Lives for gear
How much better are the results with this versus their standard DeRoom plugin?
Old 21st August 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeegee 303 View Post
How much better are the results with this versus their standard DeRoom plugin?
Good question. Judging by the price difference, the difference must be huge.
The demo examples are stunning!
Old 22nd September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by broco View Post
Good question. Judging by the price difference, the difference must be huge.
The demo examples are stunning!
I have both, and the ability to shape the different spectral zones is so worth it. I manage to reduce the room decay without any artifact, much more control than with DeRoom.
πŸ“ Reply