Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Product Alerts older than 2 months (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/)
-   -   Steinberg announces SpectraLayers 7 (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/1320772-steinberg-announces-spectralayers-7-a.html)

David Carlyon 28th October 2020 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neptune45 (Post 15071171)
Don't forget the cross-grade option from Steinberg's own site if you own a recent version of RX Standard or Advanced as it knocks a nice chunk off the price.

Nice! That is awesome. It is def looking like i am migrating over to cubase. Just been trying the demo with my raven (and my studio in general) and so far i am seriously impressed.
It has all the features i actually want. Can't believe i slept on this one. I have been through literally every major DAW in recent years, looking for one that suits what i am doing.
So yeah, will probably buy cubase in three weeks when the demo is up..i am assuming that would make me eligible for some kind of crossgrade?
I will shoot them an email asking what the best route is.
If i am buying in, i may as well go the whole way - cubase, spectralayers, wave lab...i have also wanted backbone since it came out.

The only reason i didn't try this stuff for ages is because i didn't have a dongle.

Re: splitting into layers - that approach seems to make sense and seems alot more intuitive. I will try it tomorrow.
To be honest i will likely get it even if it is mostly good for sound design. The question then is 'does it do repair and noise reduction as well'
The other contender there, for me at least, is the era 5 bundle.
They have an offer on their subscription which is about to run out. Lots of demoing to do

Sampleconstruct 31st October 2020 03:43 PM

Audio-morphing (moulding) Tuva throat singing from my library MetaVox with an alien engine sound I made with Reaktor.

blackcom 3rd November 2020 03:34 AM

This product had me very interested so i downloaded a trial, seems an eLicenser is neccessary.

Hahahahahaaaaa, no way!!

Neptune45 3rd November 2020 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackcom (Post 15084288)
This product had me very interested so i downloaded a trial, seems an eLicenser is neccessary.

Hahahahahaaaaa, no way!!

It's no biggie if you are a Steinberg DAW user (Cubase or Nuendo) or have VSL products otherwise I can understand the annoyance.

d2dsf 8th November 2020 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackcom (Post 15084288)

Hahahahahaaaaa, no way!!

The full version does not require the USB eLicenser. I'm running it right now on my MBP without it.

blackcom 12th November 2020 10:19 PM

I have two eLicensers, both popped up fine in Control Center. Then I bought a license for Spectralayers7 Elements and put the license on one of them. Now neither is recognized by the eLicencer Control Center and I only get an error message: "Application 'LCC2' has caused the following error: Process with the ID NOT found."

Anyone knows whats up with this?

orange 13th November 2020 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackcom (Post 15103748)
I have two eLicensers, both popped up fine in Control Center. Then I bought a license for Spectralayers7 Elements and put the license on one of them. Now neither is recognized by the eLicencer Control Center and I only get an error message: "Application 'LCC2' has caused the following error: Process with the ID NOT found."

Anyone knows whats up with this?

the SB elicencer servers are currently in meltdown - they'll be back online soonish