IK Multimedia releases T-RackS Space Delay plug-in - Page 7 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
IK Multimedia releases T-RackS Space Delay plug-in
Old 31st July 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtoe View Post
I have a some examples here comparing IK Space Delay, Audio Thing's Outer Space, and my RE201 (conversion is Motu 1248 clocked off a Big Ben at 44.1)
that was a freaking awesome comparison, thank you!!

definitely liked Outter Space better than IK on the tests, but holy heck the RE201 just sounded absolutely fantastic, specially the crush test
Old 3rd August 2020
Lives for gear

Check out the review by Sound-Guy here on GS - good review and sound examples provided.
Old 5th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Honestly I love IK and Audiothing, so I'm kinda surprised to say, but I think the Arturia suites me more. They all sound good though.
Old 5th August 2020
Company Rep

Or... you can demo T-RackS Space Delay on your own and/or familiar material to see what you like
Old 5th August 2020
I tried the Arturia RE201 (and the Memory Man) and it felt kinda "dead" to me compared to the tests I had done on on Space Delay (which I purchased) and Outerspace (Which I already owned) and my real RE201.

The surprise for me was that I also demo'd Arturia's Grampan 636 at the same time, and found it has some nice distortion that's a similar vibe to the RE201 mic input being overdriven (the have an "aux" and "mic" models for the dream section, which can be used dry without the verb.

I won't be getting rid of the real thing anytime soon, but it's a pretty good ITB option for this type of effect - note - it is hard to get the same level with the plugs, as you can see if you look at the wavforms, that the real 201 is completely flatlined, but still sounds dynamic and organic - the plugs have a lot more peaks for a similar sound
Attached Files

TEST Arturia Spring 636 AUX.wav (4.85 MB, 2145 views)

TEST Arturia Spring 636 MIC.wav (4.85 MB, 2120 views)

TEST GOLD BABY 808 - ROLAND RE201 - INPUT EXTREME DIST DRIVE ONLY.wav (4.85 MB, 2127 views)

TEST Arturia Spring 636 AUX.m4a (617.0 KB, 1759 views)

TEST Arturia Spring 636 MIC.m4a (618.6 KB, 1736 views)

TEST GOLD BABY 808 - ROLAND RE201 - INPUT EXTREME DIST DRIVE ONLY.m4a (620.4 KB, 1750 views)

Old 5th August 2020
Gear Maniac

I completely get what you're saying. The IK sounded amazing, but felt hifi for a lack of a better word. Audiothing sounds great, but it felt a little warm and smeared too easily. Something about the Arturia feels like an inbetween. All three are great though.
Old 5th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodic dreamer View Post
I completely get what you're saying. The IK sounded amazing, but felt hifi for a lack of a better word. Audiothing sounds great, but it felt a little warm and smeared too easily. Something about the Arturia feels like an inbetween. All three are great though.
Only IK's has the ducking feature which I really like. Saves the hassle of setting it up via side chained compression etc.
Old 6th August 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
Only IK's has the ducking feature which I really like. Saves the hassle of setting it up via side chained compression etc.
Outer Space v1.2.6 appears to have a Ducking feature control in the Tape section to the left of Pre-Emph.

Last edited by blamejake; 6th August 2020 at 12:51 AM.. Reason: Spell
Old 6th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blamejake View Post
Outer Space v1.2.6 appears to have a Ducking feature control in the Tape section to the left of Pre-Emph.
Just opened the plugin and looked around the GUI, couldn't find it and then realised there is a drop down feature with loads more controls lol. Can't believe I missed that.

Thanks for pointing it out.

N.B: when you click the mouse on the border of the plugin it makes a tapping noise lol.
Old 6th August 2020
Lives for gear

https://www.jrrshop.com/ik-multimedia-space-delay

84,15$ with Discount (groupbuyauto)
Old 8th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by denork View Post
https://www.jrrshop.com/ik-multimedia-space-delay

84,15$ with Discount (groupbuyauto)
I tried this but got this message “Coupon code "groupbuyauto" is not valid.”
Old 8th August 2020
JGM
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McGroarty View Post
Same here.
Old 8th August 2020
Lives for gear

They must have deactivated it, I tried it and it worked, although I did not buy it, it also worked for IK Tapes and Studio Reverb, I have tried and it does not work with these either, a pity.
Old 9th August 2020
Lives for gear

A glitch in the matrix
Old 9th August 2020
Gear Nut

oh wow the roland havent heard that one before

sigh
Old 9th August 2020
Not exactly Space Echo thing, but worth mentioning - Pulsar Echorec is on sale in vstbuzz at 29Euros. This was a plugin I was thinking about lately but it was expensive. I will check it out and let you know.

Tom
Old 9th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasylek View Post
Not exactly Space Echo thing, but worth mentioning - Pulsar Echorec is on sale in vstbuzz at 29Euros. This was a plugin I was thinking about lately but it was expensive. I will check it out and let you know.

Tom
Yeah I have been demoing it and will probably get it as I really like it.
Old 10th August 2020
Lives for gear

I just recorded some drum hits, dropped Space Delay on them 100% wet with no repeats, rendered and chopped them up. It made for a very cool crunchy lo-fi kit. I'll probably be using this as a lo-fi tape sim for a lot of things.

Sounds great for a lo-fi piano!
Old 10th August 2020
Lives for gear

I decided to attach my kit just for fun.

Recording chain was a WA-14 into an SCA N72. Then the 100% wet Space Delay.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Space Delay Drums.zip (3.11 MB, 16 views)
Old 11th August 2020
Quote:
Yeah I have been demoing it and will probably get it as I really like it.
I just tried new acquisition Pulsar Echorec against already owned Audiority Echoes T7E. The latter one is much better IMHO. I will try to post some demo tonight.

Pulsar has nice GUI which can be resized unlike the one of Echoes; soundwise Echoes is light years ahead.

TBC. Tom
Attached Thumbnails
IK Multimedia releases T-RackS Space Delay plug-in-untitled-1.jpg  
Old 11th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
I just tried new acquisition Pulsar Echorec against already owned Audiority Echoes T7E. The latter one is much better IMHO. I will try to post some demo tonight.

Pulsar has nice GUI which can be resized unlike the one of Echoes; soundwise Echoes is light years ahead.

TBC. Tom
Thank you for the tip.
Old 11th August 2020
Lives for gear

Hi guys. I made a short video putting 4 popular Roland Space Echo plugins through their paces: https://youtu.be/b_6r2ncslKE

This is a follow up to a previous video: https://youtu.be/M1r6GAKIbDc with the addition of the new IK Multimedia Space Delay.

I tried to match the settings and levels as best i could between plugins and i tried to use audio material in a way that best highlights the basic functions and sound of the plugins.

Obviously it's just Youtube sound quality, but as you will hear every plugin has its own strengths and weaknesses, i'm not sure there is an overall winner, but I hope you like the video and i'm curious as to what you guys think.
Old 11th August 2020
Quote:
Hi guys. I made a short video putting 4 popular Roland Space Echo plugins through their paces: https://youtu.be/b_6r2ncslKE
Thanks a lot !

As a supplement I uploaded the video that shows two Binson Echorec - like plugins: Pulsar Echorec and Audiority Echoes. Please post your comments below.

http://www.magdalenapusz.pl/magdaftp/Gearslutz/665.mp4

YO HAVE TO LOGIN! login - user password - pass

Best, Tom

PS Great video, Andy. I love Arturia.
Old 11th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks a lot !

As a supplement I uploaded the video that shows two Binson Echorec - like plugins: Pulsar Echorec and Audiority Echoes. Please post your comments below.

http://www.magdalenapusz.pl/magdaftp/Gearslutz/665.mp4

YO HAVE TO LOGIN! login - user password - pass

Best, Tom

PS Great video, Andy. I love Arturia.
Nice one! The Audiority Echoes sounds great!
Old 12th August 2020
Company Rep

Quote:
We have T-RackS Space Delay on sale for 99.99 and you can get up to 30% off additionally with JamPoints in our current promotion.
Old 12th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by telecode View Post
sorry. did this dumb question get asked alredy?

how is the space delay different than the tape echo? yeah, i can get that they are emulations of totally different units.. but more curious how they differ in

terms of using them with guitar signals?
Space echo is a tape delay plus spring reverb. Of course you can you use tape delay alone. Along with spring reverb it produces sound characteristic for reggae records from 1980's. Dub sound.

Tom.
Old 14th August 2020
WKG
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
We have T-RackS Space Delay on sale for 99.99 and you can get up to 30% off additionally with JamPoints in our current promotion.
Peter,

There seems to be no way to use Jam Points, the checkout automatically defaults to the 20% off coupon.
Old 14th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
I would also ask whether it is possible to choose US Dollars over Euros at check out? Thanks.
Old 14th August 2020
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKG View Post
Peter,

There seems to be no way to use Jam Points, the checkout automatically defaults to the 20% off coupon.
JamPoints cannot be combined with coupons. Please contact IK Support and they will assist you.

Quote:
I would also ask whether it is possible to choose US Dollars over Euros at check out? Thanks.
You cannot change the currency. If you are not being presented with the correct currency (USD only in US/Canada, though, by law, and EU + VAT by law where required) please contact support and they will assist you.
Old 14th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
JamPoints cannot be combined with coupons. Please contact IK Support and they will assist you.

You cannot change the currency. If you are not being presented with the correct currency (USD only in US/Canada, though, by law, and EU + VAT by law where required) please contact support and they will assist you.
Thanks for letting me know. I was simply wondering about it due to current conversion rates via PayPal etc.
📝 Reply