IK Multimedia releases T-RackS Space Delay plug-in - Page 3 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
IK Multimedia releases T-RackS Space Delay plug-in
Old 18th July 2020
  #61
Lives for gear
 
candyflip's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoodle View Post
The clean nature of the re201 also made it worthless on gigs (huge gigs) in 78 imo.
Ahem, Mick would like a word!

Old 18th July 2020
  #62
Lives for gear
 
bgood's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcct View Post
The fact that you have download the all the installers and then delete what you don't use puts me off. I hear it sounds great, but probably not great enough to make me go through this hassle.
Oh Jesus chr*st... again with this
Old 18th July 2020
  #63
Lives for gear
 

Based on how good the last two releases have been (tape and Sunset Studios) i gave this a try. 5 minutes later I bought. On first test it looks like its a third to a quarter as cpu intensive as Tape, and i haven't had any of the overload issues i have with Tape on aux tracks.

Keep going, IK!
Old 18th July 2020
  #64
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by telecode View Post
i wouldn't sweat it. knowing IKM's aggressive promotion policy, I will bet you $99 this will go on sale at 50% off by this time next year and will undercut all the competition.
Hah. I wouldnt be surprised if it happens during the Black Friday sales In which case I will definitely be buying because...well why not.
Old 18th July 2020
  #65
Lives for gear
 
telecode's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezoneight View Post
Hah. I wouldnt be surprised if it happens during the Black Friday sales In which case I will definitely be buying because...well why not.
yup! you can never have enough delays. they are a spectacular effect. not like a limiter or compressor which are subtle. a delay or reverb is in your face and you know it there and changes the sound (for better or worse).


FWIW.. I think IKM are okay, I just wish they weren't as aggressive in their bundling and peddling of other products. The peddling of other products has never resulted in a knee jerk reaction of a purchase for me. who knows? maybe this sales strategy works better in other cultures. i think if they toned it down a bit, they would gain more traction with customers.
Old 18th July 2020
  #66
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
Oh Jesus chr*st... again with this
First time I installed it, I realised I deleted plugins I want and left those I wanted to delete. Had to wait until Ableton finished scanning. Closed Ableton. Deleted everything.
I ran the installer again. I thought this time I deleted right plugins, but no... I left Tape echo instead of space delay. Ok, deleted everything and then ran installer again.
This time I deleted right plugins, but then I look at VST3 and I forgot to delete those there...
Anyway took me about three times to install it. Then of course was authorisation issue...

All this took me 10 minutes. Probably similar time I would have spent hooking real Space Echo.

But this thing sounds just great, can't remember when I last time spend so much time playing with a delay. It landed in my favourites folder among Valhalla Delay, Acustica Lemon and Surreal Machines Modnetic...
Old 18th July 2020
  #67
Lives for gear
 
dickiefunk's Avatar
Really impressed with the sound demos of this. Looks like another great release for the T-Racks line! Really looking forward to a T-Racks 6 with all these new modules (Space Delay, Sunset Sound & Tape Machines) fully integrated
Old 18th July 2020
  #68
Gear Guru
 
Jeezo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
Really impressed with the sound demos of this. Looks like another great release for the T-Racks line! Really looking forward to a T-Racks 6 with all these new modules (Space Delay, Sunset Sound & Tape Machines) fully integrated
If the go spring / chorus /phaser /flanger ...this would be exellent ...and with what they have in amplitube it shouldn t take ages !!

The first thing that really impressed me was their leslie thing , since they keep dropping bad boys ...gonna give it a spin today .
Old 18th July 2020
  #69
Gear Addict
 
BadYodeler's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
Really impressed with the sound demos of this. Looks like another great release for the T-Racks line! Really looking forward to a T-Racks 6 with all these new modules (Space Delay, Sunset Sound & Tape Machines) fully integrated
What do you mean by “fully integrated”? What makes you think that anything would be more “integrated” compared to now? Integrated how? You have the plugins that can be used individually or in that container, or can be used in the standalone thing. What is there to integrate?
Old 18th July 2020
  #70
Gear Addict
 

IKM is on fire. Can't help but hope and pray that IKM please do a mastering grade multiband exp/comp/limiter next. And no, Quad Comp is not good enough.
Old 18th July 2020
  #71
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeep View Post
IKM is on fire. Can't help but hope and pray that IKM please do a mastering grade multiband exp/comp/limiter next. And no, Quad Comp is not good enough.
A Fairchild in the same vein (very high quality / CPU) as IK Tapes would be a bit good :¬)
Old 18th July 2020
  #72
Lives for gear
 
dickiefunk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadYodeler View Post
What do you mean by “fully integrated”? What makes you think that anything would be more “integrated” compared to now? Integrated how? You have the plugins that can be used individually or in that container, or can be used in the standalone thing. What is there to integrate?
Yes this is very true. I guess I'm talking more about updated presets with some of these in the chain. Whilst I don't often use presets, I find the ones in T-Racks 5 Max surprisingly good and give a good starting point
Old 19th July 2020
  #73
Gear Maniac
 

Hi Peter, I bought the delay and it works great in Reaper 6 on Catalina but I just tried using it Nuendo 10 on a project and there’s crazy white noise occurring on all the presets, it sounds completely different to how it does in Reaper. Has this been reported already?
Old 19th July 2020
  #74
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcct View Post
First time I installed it, I realised I deleted plugins I want and left those I wanted to delete. Had to wait until Ableton finished scanning. Closed Ableton. Deleted everything.
I ran the installer again. I thought this time I deleted right plugins, but no... I left Tape echo instead of space delay. Ok, deleted everything and then ran installer again.
This time I deleted right plugins, but then I look at VST3 and I forgot to delete those there...
Anyway took me about three times to install it. Then of course was authorisation issue...
.
I don’t know about Ableton Live, but I don’t delete the plugins, just disable them in the plugin manager, done, never have to worry about it again, they just don’t show up in the plugin list anymore.
If Live can’t do this, maybe it’s time for a feature request
Old 19th July 2020
  #75
Gear Nut
 

OK, for all people who use DAWs that don't have a plugin manager, I've written a small powershell script that automates the procedure of deleting unwanted plugins a bit. All you have to do is list the names of the plugins you want deleted.
Code:
# change this to where your VST2 plugins are installed
$vst2 = "c:\Program Files\VstPlugins\IK Multimedia" 
# no need to change this usually as it is the standard path for VST3
$vst3 = "c:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3" 

# list the names (minus the extension) of all plugins you want DELETED
$delete = (
"TR5 Classic Clipper",
"TR5 Classic Comp",
"TR5 Classic EQ",
"TR5 Classic Multi Band Limiter",
"TR5 CSR Hall",
"TR5 CSR Inverse",
"TR5 CSR Plate",
"TR5 CSR Room"   # no comma on the last line!
)

$delete | %{ "$vst2\$_.dll" }
$delete | %{ "$vst3\$_.vst3"}
$a = read-host -prompt "Are you really really sure you wanna delete those files? [y/n]"
if ( $a -eq "n" ) {
  exit
}
# delete vst2 files
$delete | %{ remove-item "$vst2\$_.dll" }
# delete vst3 files 
$delete | %{  remove-item "$vst3\$_.vst3"}

"Press ENTER to exit"
read-host
Usage: Copy the code to a file with the file extension ".ps1", edit the respective lines according to the comments, do a right-click on the file and select "run with powershell" (or whatever it is called in your language).
Use at your own risk!

For a Mac, I guess you would write it a bash script there, which would be easy, but I cannot test it as I don't have one...
Old 19th July 2020
  #76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herzton View Post
OK, for all people who use DAWs that don't have a plugin manager, I've written a small powershell script that automates the procedure of deleting unwanted plugins a bit. All you have to do is list the names of the plugins you want deleted.
Many thanks, I will try it ! I have 3 licenses for Cubase 5. They basically work as they should but the lack of plugin manager is a pain.

Regarding Space Delay by IK: I will buy it because I am delay freak. I believe it has some faetures, that UAD does not have - head pan for instance. I agree with user Zeep that mastering plugins by IK are politely speaking "not good enough". But I like their tape - machine collection very much. I find it very useful,very close-to-the tape sounding.

Best, Tom

Last edited by vasylek; 19th July 2020 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 19th July 2020
  #77
Gear Nut
 

bash version of VST removal script

Sorry for derailing the thread a bit, can't help myself, I just love scripting
And maybe it will stop all those "IKM clutters my VST folder with Plugins i don't own" posts
Code:
#!/bin/bash
# VST2 path
vst2="/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/IK Multimedia"
# VST3 path
vst3="/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3"
# list the names (minus the extension) of all plugins you want DELETED
delete=(
"TR5 Classic Clipper"
"TR5 Classic Comp"
"TR5 Classic EQ"
"TR5 Classic Multi Band Limiter"
"TR5 CSR Hall"
)

for a in "${delete[@]}" ; do
        echo "rm $vst2/$a.vst"
        echo "rm $vst3/$a.vst3"
done

echo "Do you really really want to delete those files? [y/n]"
read answer
if [ "$answer" = "n" ] ; then
        exit
fi

for a in "${delete[@]}" ; do
        rm "$vst2/$a.vst"
        rm "$vst3/$a.vst3"
done
I have no idea whether this works on a Mac, I wrote and tested on Linux, so it should work under Mac Terminal with a bash, but I'm note sure about the VST2/3 path specification, I just googled that.
Maybe someone with a Mac and a little bit of bash knowledge can test and comment on how to use it on a Mac.
Old 19th July 2020
  #78
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasylek View Post
Many thanks, I will try it ! I have 3 licenses for Cubase 5. They basically work as they should but the lack of plugin manager is a pain.
Did you know they're running an upgrade special until July 28? C9.5 is the minimum version you want to be running where they upped the inserts to 16. C10.5 allows you to save channels.
Old 19th July 2020
  #79
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herzton View Post
# list the names (minus the extension) of all plugins you want DELETED
$delete = (
"TR5 Classic Clipper",
"TR5 Classic Comp",
"TR5 Classic EQ",
"TR5 Classic Multi Band Limiter",
"TR5 CSR Hall",
"TR5 CSR Inverse",
"TR5 CSR Plate",
"TR5 CSR Room" # no comma on the last line!
)

$delete | %{ "$vst2\$_.dll" }
.

The only problem with your code is that CSR Plate is awesome.
Old 19th July 2020
  #80
Lives for gear
 
telecode's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by matiascova View Post
The only problem with your code is that CSR Plate is awesome.
as well as CSR Inverse and Hall.
Old 19th July 2020
  #81
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matiascova View Post
The only problem with your code is that CSR Plate is awesome.
Dammit, and I thought I thoroughly bug checked my script
Old 19th July 2020
  #82
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by electro View Post
Did you know they're running an upgrade special until July 28? C9.5 is the minimum version you want to be running where they upped the inserts to 16. C10.5 allows you to save channels.
Yeah I have updated to 10.5 Pro now but only because of the sale. The thing I found really useful was the integration of ARA2 in version 10.
Old 19th July 2020
  #83
Lives for gear
 

Gonna give this plugin a go to see whether to use some of my Jam points on it. Shame IK only allow up to 30% of net value to be used as Jam points though - they could at least make it 30% of gross cost but I guess different rates of tax for different areas...
Old 20th July 2020
  #84
Quote:
Originally Posted by electro View Post
Did you know they're running an upgrade special until July 28? C9.5 is the minimum version you want to be running where they upped the inserts to 16. C10.5 allows you to save channels.

Thanks for the info I just bought 3 licenses.

Tom

PS When Wavelab sale ?

Last edited by vasylek; 20th July 2020 at 02:27 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 20th July 2020
  #85
Did anyone compare this IK emulation with AudioThing OuterSpace ? Curious to get feedbacks from GS users
Old 20th July 2020
  #86
Company Rep
 
Peter - IK's Avatar
 

WRT waiting for a deal... A large chunk of IK users can get T-RackS Space Delay now for the same price as competitors (after demoing and assessing that - oops I mean if - it does sound better, of course). Waiting a year or more (because it is typically a while) to save very few bucks compared to now seems like a lot of lost time waiting to use a plugin.
Old 20th July 2020
  #87
Lives for gear
 
cprompt's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
Shame IK only allow up to 30% of net value to be used as Jam points though
In fairness, it used to be 50% BUT only on non-sale plugins. The moment a plugin went on sale, you couldn't use any jampoints! So I guess 30% is better than 0%!!!
Old 20th July 2020
  #88
Lives for gear
 

Been demoing it and wasn't too keen playing piano through it so changed to one of my guitars and its strength imho is distorted rock guitar being played through it - it gives it that 3D sound that a lot of amp sims seem to lack. Think I am gonna get it just for that but I would say that I had to dial in my own sounds as wasn't too fussed on the presets and there weren't that many of them. I think a lot of people when demoing will just go through the presets so maybe IK should add some more of these...

Also be careful to level match when a/b-ing as there is invariably a volume bump with the plugin.

But overall this will be a great addition for my rock electric guitar plugins.
Old 20th July 2020
  #89
Lives for gear
 
telecode's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
In fairness, it used to be 50% BUT only on non-sale plugins. The moment a plugin went on sale, you couldn't use any jampoints! So I guess 30% is better than 0%!!!
i dont think that is true. i used jam points in combination with 50% off say to get Larussen not that long ago.
Old 20th July 2020
  #90
Lives for gear
 
cprompt's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by telecode View Post
i dont think that is true. i used jam points in combination with 50% off say to get Larussen not that long ago.
You can get a maximum of 30% off using jampoints on whatever the price happens to be now (including sale price). It used to be 50% off using jampoints on full price only (non-sale price).
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 115 views: 47440
Avatar for d_r_i_x
d_r_i_x 9th June 2020
replies: 177 views: 27610
Avatar for NawSon
NawSon 1st October 2018
replies: 290 views: 41087
Avatar for 2ndade
2ndade 25th December 2015
replies: 1128 views: 139676
Avatar for 4fmb
4fmb 14 hours ago
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump