The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Korneff Audio - Pawn Shop Comp 2.0
Old 28th July 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

As a PSA - I've been using Reaper all day today, and didn't have any crashes until I opened a second tab on a pretty busy project.

I had done this a couple of times yesterday (updating templates to add PSC in to them) so I think that is what was causing the crashes.

so I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with PSC - whew!

I'll email support too.
Show replies
Old 7th August 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korneff Audio View Post
Hey there,

In the manual for the PSC there are some descriptions of what the various swappable components do, but the aural effects are hard to predict because a lot of how things will sound is dependent on the signal itself, the amount of gain through the plugin, etc.
Thanks! This has been very useful. This perspective helped a lot.
Not only because of the suggestions about the settings, but also to set the expectation correctly in term of some level of unpredictability, which was making me second guess what I thought I understood.
Show replies
Old 7th August 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik0 View Post
Thanks! This has been very useful. This perspective helped a lot.
Not only because of the suggestions about the settings, but also to set the expectation correctly in term of some level of unpredictability, which was making me second guess what I thought I understood.
Hey there,

Glad this was helpful to you.

We live in a time now where we have tremendous control over things. We can edit just about anything on a recording, and do it really easily. But if one looks at the history of audio recording, it quickly becomes apparent that so many ground breaking and memorable moments on records we love are from moments of UN control. From an accident, or a mistake. From something unpredictable. Led Zeppelin accidentally inventing pre-verb on Whole Lotta Love, Nancy Wilson’s voice cracking on a high note. Virtually everything by the Beatles. Cool recordings are from experimentation and happy accidents as much as they’re from good technique and gear.

I think the big difference between digital and analog is that lack of control. And that lack is missing in a lot of modern recording. Dan designs our plugins with that in mind. That there are some things that might happen that will put you into a new situation, that you’ll have to deal with, and that will bring out your creativity in that moment. It is not random, but it can be unpredictable. And it’s really a good thing if you embrace it. And you seem to be doing exactly that, and that is a good thing, too.

Thanks for supporting us - your comments are always read and appreciated.

Warm regards,
Luke
Show replies
Old 9th August 2020
Lives for gear

@ Korneff Audio ... any ETA on the over sampling update?
Show replies
Old 9th August 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by javahut View Post
any ETA on the over sampling update?
I'm on it... but also updating a few other things along the way.
Show replies
Old 9th August 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Any new stuff coming soon?
Show replies
Old 10th August 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deff J View Post
Any new stuff coming soon?
yup!
Show replies
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Korneff View Post
yup!
Let the record show that the witness is hostile

So let's rephrase the question:

Anything new stuff coming up that you can share details with us???
Show replies
Old 10th August 2020
Gear Maniac

I'd like to try this but no machine iLok is a no-go for me (I don't own a dongle & my studio computer isn't always online). I see that you give very generous education discounts but I think the very restrictive copy protection is going to turn off a lot of that market.
Show replies
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubguy99 View Post
I'd like to try this but no machine iLok is a no-go for me (I don't own a dongle & my studio computer isn't always online). I see that you give very generous education discounts but I think the very restrictive copy protection is going to turn off a lot of that market.
Hi Hi,

We hate copy protection as much as anyone, and we would LOVE to be able to offer you a solution so that you could use our plugins, but we do have to protect our investment of time and resources that we’ve put into the making of our software. Regarding the EDU discount - we try to be as generous as possible, but generosity without limits isn’t sustainable as a business model. We’ve picked a copy protection solution that works for us and the majority of our customers. We are sorry it doesn’t work for you.

Regards,
Luke
Show replies
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

I SO did not need another compressor and originally ignored this when it was released. I eventually ended up buying it "against my will" after demoing it a few months ago.

It's quickly become my main "go to" compressor for instruments and vocals. The "honeymoon" period is over and it still sounds great to me. I won't claim to understand all its nuances on the advanced page - but I start with presets and just start tweaking til I like it. Usually it doesn't take long.

And it's a fun, responsive company/developer with a super attitude -- and lots of useful info and advice -- on top of it.

Don't know if they're planning a BF sale, and even if they don't -- IMO it's definitely worth checking out. Definitely one of my more satisfying -- and surprising -- plugin purchases of the past year.

Keep up the good work, Dan and Luke.
Show replies
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Hey there,

I’m sorry I didn’t see this earlier and give you a thank you for writing us such a nice post. Thanks for this, very much, and we’re glad you love your PSC.

Yes, there is a Black Friday sale, AND there is a new plugin, the AIP, which is AMAZING. Check it out!

And thank you for being on our crew!

Regards,
Luke
Show replies
📝 Reply