The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Korneff Audio - Pawn Shop Comp 2.0
Old 11th July 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManMulcahy View Post
I agree with Dan, the YouTube comment was so far over the top that it was hilarious. Great video nevertheless, and it boosted my motivation to purchase PSC.
Hey there,

Thanks for the complement on the video, and I’m glad you got yerself PSC2. I find the moment I flip around to the back of that thing I start switching stuff around and it’s so much fun. I have to make some other videos, but they will be lonnnng because the damn plugin is so much fun!.

Thanks again,
Luke
Old 12th July 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korneff Audio View Post
Usually I get crickets or some guy telling me to f**k off and die! Lol!!
Always remember, Luke:

No good deed goes unpunished.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Korneff View Post
Old 17th July 2020
Lives for gear

@ Dan Korneff : You should release the preamp section as a separate plugin, ie: a saturation / color box? Especially with all the new options.
Old 17th July 2020
Lives for gear

Any updates on an ETA for the OS fix??
Old 17th July 2020
Lives for gear

Greetings! I bought it unseen based on the good reviews here and the fact that I already owned and loved the Talkback limiter. I was not disappointed. This is a great sounding plugin. A compressor plus variable drive and a little eq with a lot of attitude. I love it!

However, I think the hidden page is where all the fun is and I beg you to make it an expandable side or bottom bar that can stay open at all times. Also, I think it is just plain silly to hide the expanded functionality under labels that do not tell you what they do. I keep pressing the larger one that says Korneff, which intuitively to me should open the fun page. Presets can be hidden away more for all I care.

I am on AAX MacOS Catalina and I get no noticeable difference with the oversampling and I definitely have no presets. Also, when I expanded the GUI to 150%, the needle for gain reduction stopped moving.

Still I love it already.
Old 17th July 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaroni View Post
: You should release the preamp section as a separate plugin
I've definitely pondered this It's on the radar, but I have to finish a few more things in development before this happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by profvonsok View Post
Any updates on an ETA for the OS fix??
Not yet. I'm currently researching a better way to implement this feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Studios View Post
Greetings! I bought it unseen based on the good reviews here and the fact that I already owned and loved the Talkback limiter. I was not disappointed. This is a great sounding plugin. A compressor plus variable drive and a little eq with a lot of attitude. I love it!
Thank you so much! Your support means more to us than you'll ever know.

Quote:
I think the hidden page is where all the fun is and I beg you to make it an expandable side or bottom bar that can stay open at all times.
There were a few other suggestions for this as well. A side bar could be fun! Definitely on my list of things to do.

Quote:
I definitely have no presets.
I design the preset browser to easily add preset packs in the future, but by doing so, the browser "appears" to be empty because there is only 1 category, and the folder structure is collapsed. Click on "Dan Korneff" in the first column and you'll find what you're looking for.

Quote:
Also, when I expanded the GUI to 150%, the needle for gain reduction stopped moving.
Would you mind sending an email to support (a) korneffaudio.com so I can get more info?
Old 17th July 2020
Lives for gear

Comic Sans? Bold!
Attached Thumbnails
Korneff Audio - Pawn Shop Comp 2.0-preset.png  
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaydees View Post
Comic Sans? Bold!
close! It's a comic font named Adam Warren Pro

https://comicfontsby.tehandeh.com/font/adam-warren-pro/
Old 17th July 2020
Gear Maniac

So, does PSC use ilok copy protection?
I don't see any mention on the Web site.

I'm not gonna have time to demo this before the sale ends, so I might just buy it tomorrow.
Ilok is OK - I'm just curious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbraner View Post
So, does PSC use ilok copy protection?
I don't see any mention on the Web site.

Lives for gear
Quote:

However, I think the hidden page is where all the fun is and I beg you to make it an expandable side or bottom bar that can stay open at all times. Also, I think it is just plain silly to hide the expanded functionality under labels that do not tell you what they do. I keep pressing the larger one that says Korneff, which intuitively to me should open the fun page. Presets can be hidden away more for all I care.

I am on AAX MacOS Catalina and I get no noticeable difference with the oversampling and I definitely have no presets. Also, when I expanded the GUI to 150%, the needle for gain reduction stopped moving.

Still I love it already. ������
I agree. Same as talkback, each instance I use of the plugin I am going under the hood when it could al be laid out in front of us.

Great tools tho!
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Thanks Dan,
I missed that!

Could you please make the font a few inches bigger, and make the text red and yellow - and maybe spinning around?
Old 18th July 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Thanks Dan,
I missed that!

Could you please make the font a few inches bigger, and make the text red and yellow - and maybe spinning around?
Our next upgrade will have exactly that!

In the meantime, pop on and try it out!

Luke
Lives for gear
Quote:
Thanks Dan,
I missed that!

Mine does that now ! Well after a couple drinks and a few joints .
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Our next upgrade will have exactly that!

In the meantime, pop on and try it out!

Luke
The thing is - I had just clicked on the link for the manual - which is right next to the licensing info.
I am always very careful to say "I didn't see it" rather than "it's not there"

I figured it was there somewhere...
Old 18th July 2020
Gear Maniac

Ok - I bought it today!
No time to demo, as the intro price ends tomorrow - but I just had a "feeling" about this - and I was right.
I love the compressor AND the saturation side.

This is going to replace a few different plugins - and I'm already learning how to use a compressor better (from the videos and the blog)
I'll be able to dive in deeper when I get to "mixing" mode - of my current project - so thanks a lot to the guys at Korneff!
Old 18th July 2020
Lives for gear

Another new user here. Demo'ed the pawn shop for a week and made the purchase. Really looking forward to using it on some new material I'm launching.

I also want to add that their support is awesome. I had a little glitch with my purchase and contacted them. They took care of me quickly and with first class accommodation. I'm looking forward to what they do next.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Ashley View Post
Another new user here. Demo'ed the pawn shop for a week and made the purchase. Really looking forward to using it on some new material I'm launching.

I also want to add that their support is awesome. I had a little glitch with my purchase and contacted them. They took care of me quickly and with first class accommodation. I'm looking forward to what they do next.
I concur. Really great customer service at Korneff.
Gear Addict

Ilok Hardware authorization?

Is there any chance of adding an iLok hardware option? I use logic and tour (or at least did until this year...) and don't always have a stable internet connection. I love not having to carry around a dongle to work.
I use the hardware PACE option for a number of my favorites. It's the one thing that is holding me back from the PSC....
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmeckitup View Post
Is there any chance of adding an iLok hardware option? I use logic and tour (or at least did until this year...) and don't always have a stable internet connection. I love not having to carry around a dongle to work.
I use the hardware PACE option for a number of my favorites. It's the one thing that is holding me back from the PSC....
It works with the physical iLok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmeckitup View Post
Is there any chance of adding an iLok hardware option?
As profvonsok said above, you can authorize the PSC2 on a Gen2 or higher dongle or ilok cloud. The only type we don't offer is Computer Authorization.
Gear Addict

Quote:
As profvonsok said above, you can authorize the PSC2 on a Gen2 or higher dongle or ilok cloud. The only type we don't offer is Computer Authorization.
Bummer. Thank you though. Great sounding plug.
Old 20th July 2020
Gear Maniac

I was about about to buy the PSC and noticed the sale just ended... @ Dan Korneff any chance for a last minute sale?
Old 20th July 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Ok - I bought it today!
No time to demo, as the intro price ends tomorrow - but I just had a "feeling" about this - and I was right.
I love the compressor AND the saturation side.

This is going to replace a few different plugins - and I'm already learning how to use a compressor better (from the videos and the blog)
I'll be able to dive in deeper when I get to "mixing" mode - of my current project - so thanks a lot to the guys at Korneff!
A lot of people end up putting the PSC on a lot of tracks - a LOT of tracks. So many tracks that sometimes it’s like there needs to be a support group: “I put the PSC on every track of my mix.... is it ok? AM I a bad personf?...” he cried as he collapsed into his chair. The therapist was understanding.

It was made to be used on many different tracks in a mix - that was Dan’s main criteria when he designed it. You will find you reach for it often.

Luke
Gear Maniac

Quote:
A lot of people end up putting the PSC on a lot of tracks - a LOT of tracks. So many tracks that sometimes it’s like there needs to be a support group: “I put the PSC on every track of my mix.... is it ok? AM I a bad personf?...” he cried as he collapsed into his chair. The therapist was understanding.

It was made to be used on many different tracks in a mix - that was Dan’s main criteria when he designed it. You will find you reach for it often.

Luke
That is my plan.
I'll be mixing later this week or maybe next week - so we'll see.
I *think* I'll be trying this on a lot of tracks and replacing my "saturation" plugin(s) too.
I *think* I'll leave it off (ie use something else on) the drums buss and main buss though - but maybe just use the saturation (the "back") on the drums buss.

So, that's what I *think* will happen - but reality might be different
I'm looking forward to it anyway
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_mixer View Post
I was about about to buy the PSC and noticed the sale just ended... @ Dan Korneff any chance for a last minute sale?
Yeh likewise! I was at an event al weekend (as unlikely as that sounds, it’s true)
Old 20th July 2020
Lives for gear

The oversampling seems to be broken otherwise great update
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idontcare View Post
The oversampling seems to be broken
I'm working on it
📝 Reply