Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Product Alerts older than 2 months (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/)
-   -   Korneff Audio - Pawn Shop Comp 2.0 (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/1317405-korneff-audio-pawn-shop-comp-2-0-a.html)

Korneff Audio 11th July 2020 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManMulcahy (Post 14851453)
I agree with Dan, the YouTube comment was so far over the top that it was hilarious. Great video nevertheless, and it boosted my motivation to purchase PSC. kfhkh

Hey there,

Thanks for the complement on the video, and I’m glad you got yerself PSC2. I find the moment I flip around to the back of that thing I start switching stuff around and it’s so much fun. I have to make some other videos, but they will be lonnnng because the damn plugin is so much fun!.

Thanks again,
Luke

no genre 12th July 2020 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Korneff Audio (Post 14852249)
Usually I get crickets or some guy telling me to f**k off and die! Lol!!

Always remember, Luke:

No good deed goes unpunished. ;)

Dan Korneff 12th July 2020 01:35 PM


alibling 12th July 2020 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Korneff (Post 14853044)

rockoutrockout :lol::lol:

Macaroni 17th July 2020 12:50 AM

@ Dan Korneff : You should release the preamp section as a separate plugin, ie: a saturation / color box? Especially with all the new options.

profvonsok 17th July 2020 02:07 AM

Any updates on an ETA for the OS fix??

World Studios 17th July 2020 07:41 AM

Greetings! I bought it unseen based on the good reviews here and the fact that I already owned and loved the Talkback limiter. I was not disappointed. This is a great sounding plugin. A compressor plus variable drive and a little eq with a lot of attitude. I love it!

However, I think the hidden page is where all the fun is and I beg you to make it an expandable side or bottom bar that can stay open at all times. Also, I think it is just plain silly to hide the expanded functionality under labels that do not tell you what they do. I keep pressing the larger one that says Korneff, which intuitively to me should open the fun page. Presets can be hidden away more for all I care.

I am on AAX MacOS Catalina and I get no noticeable difference with the oversampling and I definitely have no presets. Also, when I expanded the GUI to 150%, the needle for gain reduction stopped moving.

Still I love it already.

Dan Korneff 17th July 2020 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macaroni (Post 14862082)
: You should release the preamp section as a separate plugin

I've definitely pondered this :) It's on the radar, but I have to finish a few more things in development before this happens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by profvonsok (Post 14862186)
Any updates on an ETA for the OS fix??

Not yet. I'm currently researching a better way to implement this feature.

Quote:

Originally Posted by World Studios (Post 14862542)
Greetings! I bought it unseen based on the good reviews here and the fact that I already owned and loved the Talkback limiter. I was not disappointed. This is a great sounding plugin. A compressor plus variable drive and a little eq with a lot of attitude. I love it!

Thank you so much! Your support means more to us than you'll ever know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by World Studios (Post 14862542)
I think the hidden page is where all the fun is and I beg you to make it an expandable side or bottom bar that can stay open at all times.

There were a few other suggestions for this as well. A side bar could be fun! Definitely on my list of things to do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by World Studios (Post 14862542)
I definitely have no presets.

I design the preset browser to easily add preset packs in the future, but by doing so, the browser "appears" to be empty because there is only 1 category, and the folder structure is collapsed. Click on "Dan Korneff" in the first column and you'll find what you're looking for.

https://i.ibb.co/LDwx25S/preset.png

Quote:

Originally Posted by World Studios (Post 14862542)
Also, when I expanded the GUI to 150%, the needle for gain reduction stopped moving.

Would you mind sending an email to support (a) korneffaudio.com so I can get more info?

galaydees 17th July 2020 05:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Comic Sans? Bold!

Dan Korneff 17th July 2020 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galaydees (Post 14863317)
Comic Sans? Bold!

close! It's a comic font named Adam Warren Pro

https://comicfontsby.tehandeh.com/font/adam-warren-pro/

jbraner 17th July 2020 08:40 PM

So, does PSC use ilok copy protection?
I don't see any mention on the Web site.

I'm not gonna have time to demo this before the sale ends, so I might just buy it tomorrow.
Ilok is OK - I'm just curious.

Dan Korneff 17th July 2020 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbraner (Post 14863678)
So, does PSC use ilok copy protection?
I don't see any mention on the Web site.


https://i.ibb.co/TwYGDS7/license.png

fredouli 17th July 2020 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by World Studios (Post 14862542)
Greetings! I bought it unseen based on the good reviews here and the fact that I already owned and loved the Talkback limiter. I was not disappointed. This is a great sounding plugin. A compressor plus variable drive and a little eq with a lot of attitude. I love it!

However, I think the hidden page is where all the fun is and I beg you to make it an expandable side or bottom bar that can stay open at all times. Also, I think it is just plain silly to hide the expanded functionality under labels that do not tell you what they do. I keep pressing the larger one that says Korneff, which intuitively to me should open the fun page. Presets can be hidden away more for all I care.

I am on AAX MacOS Catalina and I get no noticeable difference with the oversampling and I definitely have no presets. Also, when I expanded the GUI to 150%, the needle for gain reduction stopped moving.

Still I love it already. ������

I agree. Same as talkback, each instance I use of the plugin I am going under the hood when it could al be laid out in front of us.

Great tools tho!

jbraner 17th July 2020 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Korneff (Post 14863699)

Thanks Dan,
I missed that! ;)


Could you please make the font a few inches bigger, and make the text red and yellow - and maybe spinning around? ;)

Korneff Audio 18th July 2020 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbraner (Post 14863740)
Thanks Dan,
I missed that! ;)


Could you please make the font a few inches bigger, and make the text red and yellow - and maybe spinning around? ;)

Our next upgrade will have exactly that!

In the meantime, pop on and try it out!

Luke

kmade 18th July 2020 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbraner (Post 14863740)
Thanks Dan,
I missed that! ;)


Could you please make the font a few inches bigger, and make the text red and yellow - and maybe spinning around? ;)

Mine does that now ! Well after a couple drinks and a few joints .

jbraner 18th July 2020 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Korneff Audio (Post 14864827)
Our next upgrade will have exactly that!

In the meantime, pop on and try it out!

Luke

The thing is - I had just clicked on the link for the manual - which is right next to the licensing info.
I am always very careful to say "I didn't see it" rather than "it's not there" ;)

I figured it was there somewhere... ;)

jbraner 18th July 2020 04:50 PM

Ok - I bought it today!
No time to demo, as the intro price ends tomorrow - but I just had a "feeling" about this - and I was right.
I love the compressor AND the saturation side. ;)

This is going to replace a few different plugins - and I'm already learning how to use a compressor better (from the videos and the blog)
I'll be able to dive in deeper when I get to "mixing" mode - of my current project - so thanks a lot to the guys at Korneff! ;)

Kyle Ashley 18th July 2020 06:44 PM

Another new user here. Demo'ed the pawn shop for a week and made the purchase. Really looking forward to using it on some new material I'm launching.

I also want to add that their support is awesome. I had a little glitch with my purchase and contacted them. They took care of me quickly and with first class accommodation. I'm looking forward to what they do next.

profvonsok 18th July 2020 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle Ashley (Post 14865281)
Another new user here. Demo'ed the pawn shop for a week and made the purchase. Really looking forward to using it on some new material I'm launching.

I also want to add that their support is awesome. I had a little glitch with my purchase and contacted them. They took care of me quickly and with first class accommodation. I'm looking forward to what they do next.

I concur. Really great customer service at Korneff. kfhkh

Schmeckitup 18th July 2020 07:46 PM

Ilok Hardware authorization?
 
Is there any chance of adding an iLok hardware option? I use logic and tour (or at least did until this year...) and don't always have a stable internet connection. I love not having to carry around a dongle to work.
I use the hardware PACE option for a number of my favorites. It's the one thing that is holding me back from the PSC....

profvonsok 18th July 2020 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmeckitup (Post 14865372)
Is there any chance of adding an iLok hardware option? I use logic and tour (or at least did until this year...) and don't always have a stable internet connection. I love not having to carry around a dongle to work.
I use the hardware PACE option for a number of my favorites. It's the one thing that is holding me back from the PSC....

It works with the physical iLok

Dan Korneff 18th July 2020 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmeckitup (Post 14865372)
Is there any chance of adding an iLok hardware option?

As profvonsok said above, you can authorize the PSC2 on a Gen2 or higher dongle or ilok cloud. The only type we don't offer is Computer Authorization.

Schmeckitup 18th July 2020 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Korneff (Post 14865401)
As profvonsok said above, you can authorize the PSC2 on a Gen2 or higher dongle or ilok cloud. The only type we don't offer is Computer Authorization.

Bummer. Thank you though. Great sounding plug.

the_mixer 20th July 2020 11:14 AM

I was about about to buy the PSC and noticed the sale just ended... @ Dan Korneff any chance for a last minute sale? :)

Korneff Audio 20th July 2020 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbraner (Post 14865096)
Ok - I bought it today!
No time to demo, as the intro price ends tomorrow - but I just had a "feeling" about this - and I was right.
I love the compressor AND the saturation side. ;)

This is going to replace a few different plugins - and I'm already learning how to use a compressor better (from the videos and the blog)
I'll be able to dive in deeper when I get to "mixing" mode - of my current project - so thanks a lot to the guys at Korneff! ;)

A lot of people end up putting the PSC on a lot of tracks - a LOT of tracks. So many tracks that sometimes it’s like there needs to be a support group: “I put the PSC on every track of my mix.... is it ok? AM I a bad personf?...” he cried as he collapsed into his chair. The therapist was understanding.

It was made to be used on many different tracks in a mix - that was Dan’s main criteria when he designed it. You will find you reach for it often.

Luke

jbraner 20th July 2020 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Korneff Audio (Post 14868064)
A lot of people end up putting the PSC on a lot of tracks - a LOT of tracks. So many tracks that sometimes it’s like there needs to be a support group: “I put the PSC on every track of my mix.... is it ok? AM I a bad personf?...” he cried as he collapsed into his chair. The therapist was understanding.

It was made to be used on many different tracks in a mix - that was Dan’s main criteria when he designed it. You will find you reach for it often.

Luke

That is my plan. ;)
I'll be mixing later this week or maybe next week - so we'll see.
I *think* I'll be trying this on a lot of tracks and replacing my "saturation" plugin(s) too.
I *think* I'll leave it off (ie use something else on) the drums buss and main buss though - but maybe just use the saturation (the "back") on the drums buss.

So, that's what I *think* will happen - but reality might be different ;)
I'm looking forward to it anyway ;)

fredouli 20th July 2020 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_mixer (Post 14867969)
I was about about to buy the PSC and noticed the sale just ended... @ Dan Korneff any chance for a last minute sale? :)

Yeh likewise! I was at an event al weekend (as unlikely as that sounds, it’s true)

Idontcare 20th July 2020 05:26 PM

The oversampling seems to be broken otherwise great update

Dan Korneff 20th July 2020 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idontcare (Post 14868484)
The oversampling seems to be broken

I'm working on it rockout