The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DiBiQuadro SaturnLO - Non-plus-ultra Lead Overdrive preamp - New DiBiQuadro Engine
Old 23rd July 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam A View Post
Hey DiBiQuadro, how long are you going to keep the intro deal price? I'm loving those demos you posted, (sounds great & I love Virgo) I'm buying this either way, but just curious how long the discount deal is going to last
Hello Adam,

we think the software is pretty stable now on different DAWs (in case of problems, we still provide support from the contact page in our website), so we will keep the intro price until mid August. We could plan other discounts later, or provide coupons on request, but this is still under discussion... don't take it as a promise

If anyone already tried the 15-days Trial at the beginning of July, and now it's expired but he/she wants to have a look at the latest version, he/she can send us a message at https://dibiquadroaudio.com/contact-us/ : we can reset the trial quite easily.
Old 25th July 2020
Here a great presentation by Giacomo Pasquali (thx) - italian language but international tone . Enjoy!

Old 4th August 2020
Hello everyone,
in the past few weeks we worked hard to simplify our installation/authorization process. Yes we know it is tricky at the moment, many steps can be kept transparent.

For this reason we have developed an auto-updating client/server application called DiBiQuadro Center which will take care of all the download/installation/authorization steps in very few clicks.

We are currently testing and it seems quite robust. Super easy to use.

Stay tuned! It will be released soon!

Here is a snapshot of how it looks like!

We are also working on another no compromise new product. Keep into account we are now able to manage fidelity coupons on DiBiQuadro proprietary products and there will be for sure for whoever has already purchased SaturnLO.

Cheers
Old 4th August 2020
Gear Nut

Hi DiBiQuadro,

I've just sent you a message on the "Contact Us" DiBiQuadro website page.

Quote:
Hello DiBiQuadro,

Bought the SaturnLO (without trying it, that's how I trust you).

But the DAW (Samplitude Pro X5 Suite) seemingly can't see SaturnLO.vst3, even if I specially scan the C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\DiBiQuadro\SaturnLO folder with it.

The system also seemingly can't see SaturnLO : I can't uninstall SaturnLO with the "remove program" Windows 7 utility ; IObit Uninstaller also seems to doesn't see SaturnLO.

Installed SaturnLO 2 times (simply erased the DibiQuadro & SaturnLO folder after the first installation impossible to correctly uninstall). Same thing : system & DAW can't see SaturnLO.

Reaper DAW also, can't see SaturnLO.

Well, I'd like to use this plugin, but currently I simply can't.

Would you have a solution, for this strange problem ?

Regards,
Vdosh
Old 4th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdosh View Post
Hi DiBiQuadro,

I've just sent you a message on the "Contact Us" DiBiQuadro website page.
Hi Vdosh, sure, we are on it... you will get an answer soon.

EDIT: reply sent.
Old 4th August 2020
Gear Addict

For me, the CPU use increases way too much when the oversampling is at 4x :(
Old 5th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisame View Post
For me, the CPU use increases way too much when the oversampling is at 4x :(
Normally, 4x works fine in playback mode @ 44100Hz (2x @ 88200Hz). Latency increases however for upsampling factors > 1x, while it's zero at 1x.

I would like to help, but I would need to know more details about your system (feel free to contact us here, in case). Sometimes even internet connection / Chrome open and running services on Win10 disturb the DAW.

About oversampling in general, I wrote a page some weeks ago, containing my analysis on SaturnLO. My conclusions were:

- if you believe in "theoretical cleanliness", go for high upsampling factors - this has a cost anyway, and the Renderer could be very useful;

- if you don't believe in numerical stuff (I personally spent ages on these things, and also learnt how to take distance from them...) then forget oversampling: keep the upsampling factor at 1x and live happily ever after;

- if you believe you are able to hear improvements, here a blind test (solution inside the zip). Please note that these files don't null each other .

EDIT: please note also that the blind test has not been done to propose mix-ready tones - you can refer to Giacomo's video for that
Old 5th August 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBiQuadroDavide View Post
Hi Vdosh, sure, we are on it... you will get an answer soon.

EDIT: reply sent.
Solved !...
Thanks a lot, DiBiQuadro
Old 7th August 2020
Gear Maniac

DiBiQuadro Center 1.0.0

DiBiQuadro Center is available at this link.

We added all the references to it in https://dibiquadroaudio.com/

Center allows automatic installation/authorization for the purchased products (including TRIALs). The "old" manual procedure will stay available when offline installations are needed, or in case of issues with the Center (for which we give support, as usual, from https://dibiquadroaudio.com/support/).

Enjoy and play loud!

Old 9th August 2020
At this point SaturnLO is stable on many DAWs (we are not aware of issues on any particular DAW atm).

So intro price will be over on 15th August. Regular price will be 89EUR.

Old 14th August 2020
Gear Addict

Hi Guys!
Saturn LO is working well in Samplitude ProX 5 finally. Saturated rock sound is really good!
Clean tone is rather harsh to my ears. I know we need a PA amp and loudspeaker to get that guitar sound... but VIRGO seems to be warmer, much better for clean guitars. I prefer not to use convolution speakers.
What do you think?

Last edited by Mastering7; 14th August 2020 at 01:13 PM..
Old 14th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Hello Mastering7 !

We own both Virgo's and SaturnLO's physical counterparts, and for sure they have 2 completely different sounds

Soundwise, the main differences that you would notice are:
- Virgo's HW has much more bottom end, while SaturnLO's HW has more presence, and it's famous for this;
- SaturnLO's HW has a gain control even on the Normal Channel, and by checking with an analyser you would notice that, even with PREAMP knob at 5, SaturnLO has much more harmonic distortion than Virgo. SaturnLO's clean channel can be easily overdriven, while this is not possible with Virgo.

Therefore with Virgo we gave the possibility to bypass the cabinet because the harmonic distortion is not as high as a circuit with 6 triodes (like SaturnLO's Normal channel), and it still sounds smooth! Technically, the 2 circuit topologies (including the tonestacks) are very different, so the sound is very different.

I don't want to hide that for clean sounds Virgo is my amp of choice. However, I made an attempt to clone Virgo's tone with SaturnLO some weeks ago, and in the end it was pretty close to the target. Even if I can't find the comparison yet, I remember that my main ideas to clone it were:
- keeping the PREAMP and NORMAL OUTPUT knobs very low on SaturnLO, and compensating the volume with the general OUTPUT;
- modifying at least the tonestack on SaturnLO to replicate Virgo's HW tonestack;
- Other tweaks that I honestly don't remember :(

In general, I would suggest to use a cabinet simulation in presence of distortion. In combination with a cabinet, SaturnLO's HW Normal channel has been the favorite amp for several famous guitar players (Mark Knopfler, Eric Clapton), so it's just a matter of finding the right cab and setting the amp in the right way.

About poweramps and cabs: we have a new library for N4/N4Player, it will be released soon - we scheduled it with Acustica a pair of days ago . We talked about this library back in the days when we released Copper; it will contain various combinations of:
- Power-amps;
- Cabinets;
- Microphones;
- Mic preamps.
We have been using this Acqua library with N4 for months, and together with SaturnLO it sounds as real as THE real thing.
Old 14th August 2020
Gear Addict

Thanks for the detailed answer and the good news regarding cab sims!
Old 14th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBiQuadro Audio View Post
About poweramps and cabs: we have a new library for N4/N4Player, it will be released soon - we scheduled it with Acustica a pair of days ago . We talked about this library back in the days when we released Copper; it will contain various combinations of:
- Power-amps;
- Cabinets;
- Microphones;
- Mic preamps.
We have been using this Acqua library with N4 for months, and together with SaturnLO it sounds as real as THE real thing.
Awesome! Really looking forward to this.
Old 14th August 2020
Lives for gear

As a Mac user I'm just here to torture myself.....
Old 14th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
it will contain various combinations of:
- Power-amps;
- Cabinets;
- Microphones;
- Mic preamps.
To be more precise:
- 3 power-amps;
- 2 cabinets;
- 4 speakers;
- 1 microphone;
- 2 mic preamps.

Cheers
Old 18th August 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
To be more precise:
- 3 power-amps;
- 2 cabinets;
- 4 speakers;
- 1 microphone;
- 2 mic preamps.

Cheers
Will you release it this week?

About Virgo: Can you run it dirty? Run very clean, theres no problem, but as soon as you increase the preamp gain, it gets very unpleasant...
Old 18th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by CulchuralMarxism View Post
Will you release it this week?
Not this week for the cabinets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CulchuralMarxism View Post
About Virgo: Can you run it dirty? Run very clean, theres no problem, but as soon as you increase the preamp gain, it gets very unpleasant...
Virgo cannot produce crunch tones. It is supposed to be super clean like the original amp (which does not even have the gain knob). The original amp is the symbol of super clean headroom even at high volumes: it crunches only at unhealthy loud SPL due to poweramp saturation, but this is not the common usage for this amp (it is not a plexi). Virgo is a sampling library based on Acustica Audio technology: we are not involved in the development of the audio engine.

SaturnLO can produce beautiful cleans matched with the right cabinet. It is a completely different amp, with a different voicing, it is supposed to be matched with another type of cabinet (closed back vs open back of Virgo, that's why it is voiced differently). It can even get closer to Virgo by modifying the tone stack with the TWEAK section (changing the circuit values). It can crunch and get heavy distortion, and this is the main strength of SaturnLO! It is not based on sampling, 100% developed by us (DiBiQuadro). The original hw has one of the most beautiful crunch/distortion ever produced and SaturnLO does an unbelievable job reproducing it. We have full control over the technology because it is 100% ours (DiBiQuadro).

In a nutshell: do you want the crunch? Take SaturnLO . Getting a true no compromise distortion: that's the whole point of releasing our own stuff.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
To be more precise:
- 3 power-amps;
- 2 cabinets;
- 4 speakers;
- 1 microphone;
- 2 mic preamps.

Cheers

Hello, I am wondering if this could be the week that we will see your new N4 library!?

Thanks!
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnut View Post
Hello, I am wondering if this could be the week that we will see your new N4 library!?

Thanks!
Not this week: we have an idea of the date but since it may be modified we prefer to not make any promise.

Coming back to SaturnLO here are some samples obtained with some DI tracks, SaturnLO and (for the crunch/hi-gain) the N4 library reproducing poweramp/cabinet/mic/mic-preamp. No LPF or HPF. In some samples there is a small EQ adjustment.

In the crunch samples we can hear how SaturnLO reacts to different DI levels, from clean to saturated.
Attached Files

CLEAN_SaturnLO.mp3 (606.6 KB, 113 views)

CLEAN_SaturnLO_Rev.mp3 (607.5 KB, 106 views)

CRUNCH_SaturnLO.mp3 (1.07 MB, 109 views)

CRUNCH_SaturnLO_Rev.mp3 (1.07 MB, 114 views)

CRUNCH_SaturnLO_C5.mp3 (1.07 MB, 109 views)

CRUNCH_SaturnLO_C5_Rev.mp3 (1.07 MB, 117 views)

OVERDRIVE_LEAD_SaturnLO_1_-2dB.mp3 (1.19 MB, 111 views)

OVERDRIVE_LEAD_SaturnLO_1_Rev+Delay_-2dB.mp3 (1.19 MB, 112 views)

OVERDRIVE_HIGAIN_BRIGHT_SaturnLO.mp3 (1.03 MB, 114 views)

OVERDRIVE_HIGAIN_BRIGHT_SaturnLO_Stereo.mp3 (1.03 MB, 110 views)

OVERDRIVE_M25_SaturnLO.mp3 (1.20 MB, 105 views)

OVERDRIVE_M25_SaturnLO_Stereo.mp3 (1.20 MB, 98 views)

๐Ÿ“ Reply