iZotope and GRAMMY-nominated Composer, BT, Launch Stutter Edit 2 - Page 2 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
iZotope and GRAMMY-nominated Composer, BT, Launch Stutter Edit 2
Old 4th August 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt9 View Post

I am not angry very easily but this makes me! So fast after release? First milk out a regular stutter user. And then offer it for 50% of the intro offer to almost every other Izotope user.

Shame on you Izotope! Really shame on you!

(sorry for the rant)
Can't find this deal on their site?
Old 4th August 2020
Gear Addict

Yeah, even knowing that sales happen etc. etc., gotta admit that doesn't feel very good as an initial adopter.
Old 4th August 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaner View Post
Can't find this deal on their site?
Use the code.
Old 4th August 2020
Gear Nut

It worked, thx!
Old 6th August 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:

I am not angry very easily but this makes me! So fast after release? First milk out a regular stutter user. And then offer it for 50% of the intro offer to almost every other Izotope user.

Shame on you Izotope! Really shame on you!

(sorry for the rant)
Classic iZotope boyz! And that's why they won't see me for a while. Give it a few months if not weeks and you'll get all the "elements" free with some deal, half off impossible bundles like "all the plugins you already have, minus one, for $140" or the bundle you wanted to upgrade that suddenly changed the name from "music production" to "music creation" so you have to buy the whole new bundle at maximum price. See you later iZotope...
Old 10th August 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by baslotto View Post
Classic iZotope boyz! And that's why they won't see me for a while. Give it a few months if not weeks and you'll get all the "elements" free with some deal, half off impossible bundles like "all the plugins you already have, minus one, for $140" or the bundle you wanted to upgrade that suddenly changed the name from "music production" to "music creation" so you have to buy the whole new bundle at maximum price. See you later iZotope...
Agreed, btw elements is free at plugin boutique with every purchase now.
Old 13th August 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampleconstruct View Post
In Logic the busses are not delay compensated so if you sidechain SE from a bus it will receive an out of sync-signal, if you sidechain directly from an instrument or audio track it works fine. So maybe that could be the culprit in Ableton as well?
Actually I run latency inducing plugins on Busses all the time, so that wouldn't be it. Sidechain perhaps?!? You do have to make sure you have latency compensation set to all though.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.billington View Post
Actually I run latency inducing plugins on Busses all the time, so that wouldn't be it. Sidechain perhaps?!? You do have to make sure you have latency compensation set to all though.
I have no problems with all other plugins on busses in Ableton. Only stutter edit on busses is a problem somehow.

It is hard to workaround as far as I know at this point.
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have no problems with all other plugins on busses in Ableton. Only stutter edit on busses is a problem somehow.

It is hard to workaround as far as I know at this point.
Well given the fact that it was designed for live performance I doubt that it wound introduce enough latency for it to be noticeable. So it doesn't really explain what you're experience.

It could be a bug of course, in which case you should let them know so they can patch it. Would there be another plugin that might be causing the issue here?? Is there latency inducing pins on your sidechain track, for example??
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well given the fact that it was designed for live performance I doubt that it wound introduce enough latency for it to be noticeable. So it doesn't really explain what you're experience.

It could be a bug of course, in which case you should let them know so they can patch it. Would there be another plugin that might be causing the issue here?? Is there latency inducing pins on your sidechain track, for example??
Wel I tested it and removed al plugins that enabled the delay compensation. The more I remove of the that caused compensation the tighter stutter 2 gets. And it acts as normal when all are removed.

Same as with stutter ‘1’ btw.

( what do you mean with sidechain track? You mean stutter related or daw related?)
Lives for gear

Quote:
Wel I tested it and removed al plugins that enabled the delay compensation. The more I remove of the that caused compensation the tighter stutter 2 gets. And it acts as normal when all are removed.

Same as with stutter ‘1’ btw.

( what do you mean with sidechain track? You mean stutter related or daw related?)
Oh never mind about the sidechain comment, I was getting my woires crossed with VocalSynth on that one!! Hahaha!!

Well it would seem that the other plugins you placed elsewhere would be the culprit for your latency issues.

So how you need to attack it is like like this, get most of your tracks/loops down first using only essential plugins, like guitar amps or StutterEdit for example, but avoid latency inducing ones Once you've got most of your tracks/loops and it's time to start mixing, that's when you can start getting bit more creative with the plugins. Since you're no longer recording, latency is less of an issue.

Well, that's how I usually go about it.
Old 13th August 2020
Lives for gear

Yes, I agree!

Thanks.
Old 14th August 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
First milk out a regular stutter user. And then offer it for 50% of the intro offer to almost every other Izotope user.
No doubt it's selling like yesterday's milk. Why else do this? Surely not to thumb their noses at you.
Old 29th August 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaydees View Post
No doubt it's selling like yesterday's milk. Why else do this? Surely not to thumb their noses at you.
Perhaps they didn't get good "box office numbers on opening week"??

With the world currently infected by COVID where many people have lost their jobs are ant getting paid as well as they used to, it might actually be affecting their sales numbers. If that's the case they would just be "adapting in order to survive". As would any other software company.
Old 29th August 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Perhaps they didn't get good "box office numbers on opening week"??

With the world currently infected by COVID where many people have lost their jobs are ant getting paid as well as they used to, it might actually be affecting their sales numbers. If that's the case they would just be "adapting in order to survive". As would any other software company.
Yeah I am going to wait until it's even lower or included in a bundle I update to as just never really used the first one which I have. Not really my thing but would be nice to have and try out when they bundle it up at some point I guess.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Stutter Edit 2 is $49 for this weekend only, i've just snatched a licence

PS i tried that sonictalk code SONIC10 and got an extra 10% off
📝 Reply