TC Electronic Announce MASTER X HD and BRICKWALL HD plug-ins and USB Controllers - Page 3 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TC Electronic Announce MASTER X HD and BRICKWALL HD plug-ins and USB Controllers
Old 25th June 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by elegentdrum View Post
I still often use MD2 on an M5000. That was the starting point of MD3. dreading the day my M5000 dies.

TC does not support equipment for the long haul and have lost my trust. They are flailing and trying to survive vs creating good products.
I've massaged my Powercore 6000 into working in Windows 10 with jBridged 64 bit versions of the PoCo VST-plugins - they work as long as I don't use more than four of the eight DSPs. If I use the fifth DSP, I get a BSOD. :-D

Right now, I'm having a second honeymoon with the PoCo Master X5 plug-in - it sounds really good and works great in the mix I'm working on now. I'm glad I bought that plug-in at a very discounted price just before they dropped the support for PoCo.
The PoCo MD3 plug-in is really good too, me thinks.

Quote:
I have everything I want from them in an M5000 from 1997. Can't they sell a new M5000/6000 plug and be done with it?
That would have been great. I'm using two Reverb 4000 reverbs, Powercore 6000 and a DBMAX broadcast processor (it most likely have the sound-quality of the System 6000 multi-band dynamics).

I would love to have them all as plug-ins.

Cheers
Fred
Old 25th June 2020
These plugins are broken for me in Cubase. Opening up Master X and Brickwall at the same time, as soon as audio passes through and both GUI's are open it locks up my DAW completely and have to force quit. Was quite excited when I got sent these as I have fond memories of my Poco. Couldn't find the downloads on the site... they're not actually even listed in the products page. I had to follow a link from a YouTube video to find the installers. Installed, clicked manual... no manual. Again had to follow a YouTube link to find the manual and download that manually as the link in the plugin is broken. Upon discovering the bug, figured I'd drop support a line and let them know... surprise, can't create an account as the link is broken. So no support what so ever. What a shame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos View Post
Unreal terrible. Great graphics however!
I actually really like the visual feedback on the limiter... the auto release is terrible though hence that pumping.
Gear Addict

nateprotoculture
I had read TC had just updated their website so that might explain broken links. There are tools to check for that during development though. THeir site, at least last week, had terrible navigation. If you clicked back it would take you back to the home page instead of a product I was reading about. It had been that way for a few years at least. I would often just give up on researching their products due to the difficult on their site. The longer they wait to release their flagship products, the less relevant they are with the current crop of innovative products. Plus, you can no longer sell a plugin for a $1000 bucks. I wish them luck even though I have reservations about their Powercore business. But that's just business, and mine still works (knock on wood).
Old 26th June 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzy View Post
I've massaged my Powercore 6000 into working in Windows 10 with jBridged 64 bit versions of the PoCo VST-plugins - they work as long as I don't use more than four of the eight DSPs. If I use the fifth DSP, I get a BSOD. :-D

Right now, I'm having a second honeymoon with the PoCo Master X5 plug-in - it sounds really good and works great in the mix I'm working on now. I'm glad I bought that plug-in at a very discounted price just before they dropped the support for PoCo.

That would have been great. I'm using two Reverb 4000 reverbs, Powercore 6000 and a DBMAX broadcast processor (it most likely have the sound-quality of the System 6000 multi-band dynamics).

Cheers
Fred

Structure it the same way it was the first time:
4000 Reverb only
5000 Reverb + effects + EQ + Single band comp (I used the mid-side w/ width control a bunch)
MD2 Multi 3 band
M6000 Everything except 5 band multi
MD3 Multi 5 band
Old 7th July 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Hi, purchased but not received any registration details..for 3 days now.

If you want to contact their support about it you have to enter your registration details..which you didn't receive ..wtf!??

Tried contacting them thru paypal to no avail for the moment.

Anyone sharing the same experience?
Old 8th July 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppers View Post
Hi, purchased but not received any registration details..for 3 days now.

If you want to contact their support about it you have to enter your registration details..which you didn't receive ..wtf!??

Tried contacting them thru paypal to no avail for the moment.

Anyone sharing the same experience?
Hi poppers,

Our back-end has been down, so You and our customers didn't receive the email with activation code :-( It's is now up and running again!

Please PM me with proof of purchase and iLok ID and I'll deposit a license to You :-)

All the best from

Claus
TC Electronic
Here for the gear

Done
Here for the gear

Hi poppers,

A Master X HD Native license is waiting in Your iLok Manager ;-)

Sorry for the trouble! Our back-end has been down but is up and running again.

Have fun from

Claus
Old 8th July 2020
Gear Maniac

Hi @ funkyman , can you deposit me the iLok license for all the DT series I bought into my iLok account? I never got a response back to an an email I sent over a month ago and no one seems to be able to answer any questions or info. I have all proof of purchase for the DT series.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayt0n View Post
Hi @ funkyman , can you deposit me the iLok license for all the DT series I bought into my iLok account? I never got a response back to an an email I sent over a month ago and no one seems to be able to answer any questions or info. I have all proof of purchase for the DT series.
Yes - just send me proof of purchase and Your iLok ID in a PM!

This has nothing to do with the back-end issue though ... very often the email with activation codes end up in the junk/spam folder.
Old 8th July 2020
Gear Head

Is it only possible to buy these directly from the TC webpage? Cant find any of the latest Icon DT stuff from any of the big retailers.
Old 9th July 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Mato View Post
Is it only possible to buy these directly from the TC webpage? Cant find any of the latest Icon DT stuff from any of the big retailers.
Yes :-)
Old 14th July 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXx View Post
I mean.... theres Ozone... Fabfilter Pro L2

Why do this now?
Good point, the thing is I have the original Powercore 6000 Brickwall Limiter and I prefer it considerably to the above two limiters you mention (in fact all other software limiters) the TC Brickwall is the most transparent Limiter I've ever used, it leaves drum transients so perfectly intact, it has such a clear powerful clariry to it, it's a marvel of software engineering even after all these years.

I've not demoed this new Benhinger release of it, but judging from the threads feedback, it's most definately not a 1:1 direct port.

Shame, as I would of loved a native version.
Old 14th July 2020
Lives for gear

Any word or price on the controller please
Old 16th July 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
I still often use MD2 on an M5000. That was the starting point of MD3. dreading the day my M5000 dies.

TC does not support equipment for the long haul and have lost my trust. They are flailing and trying to survive vs creating good products.

They did create the MD2 and MD3 process. And a really good chorus pedal. Then a good delay unit. Some smooth verbs. After that, it's been repackaging the same stuff over and over.

I have everything I want from them in an M5000 from 1997. Can't they sell a new M5000/6000 plug and be done with it?
MD2 rules, powered up a dormant M5000 a colleague I was sharing a studio with owned, great box. Super good clean compression and limiting.
Old 21st July 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Question tc electronic store down?

I have been unable to access store.tcelectronic.com for several weeks now. It appears to be down for everybody.

Attempts to purchase TC plugins result in:

store.tcelectronic.com -

Connection failed
Error code 20

The proxy failed to connect to the web server, due to TCP connection timeout.

I inquired at their site with no reply.
Does anyone know what's going on?
Old 22nd July 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prilder View Post
I have been unable to access store.tcelectronic.com for several weeks now. It appears to be down for everybody.

Attempts to purchase TC plugins result in:

store.tcelectronic.com -

Connection failed
Error code 20

I inquired at their site with no reply.
Does anyone know what's going on?
Same here:

store.musictribe.com - Connection failed
Error code 20
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
Good point, the thing is I have the original Powercore 6000 Brickwall Limiter and I prefer it considerably to the above two limiters you mention (in fact all other software limiters) the TC Brickwall is the most transparent Limiter I've ever used, it leaves drum transients so perfectly intact, it has such a clear powerful clariry to it, it's a marvel of software engineering even after all these years.

I've not demoed this new Benhinger release of it, but judging from the threads feedback, it's most definately not a 1:1 direct port.

Shame, as I would of loved a native version.
Would love to know what you think if you ever test it out. I have heard people say that the TC brickwall pumps and ozone is better so I suspect that it's chain/workflow dependent as well.
Old 22nd July 2020
Deleted 222f60c
I honestly do not understand these companies...
Legendary hardware companies... You own the software code...
JUST PORT TO SOFTWARE THE STUFF WE LOVE!! ...easy... Weiss is doing it.

Lexicon and TC are letting everyone do clones or software "based" on their hardware.
It has been like 20 years since we had Master X3 and all what was needed was to port it...
I honestly do not know the in and outs of the difficulties of coding in these cases but I'm sure it can be done.

Lexicon! Just port 1:1 (OK, plus the convertors emu) PCM70/80/90 480 and take my money.
TC! 6000 ported. Native.

Hardware effect processors are dying and (for studio use) only Bricasti resists in its corner still being made and selling.
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeegee 303 View Post
Same here:

store.musictribe.com - Connection failed
Error code 20
Same here. Wanted to demo finalizer which leads to same store. Found this thread when trying to google what’s going on with their store. Guess I won’t be checking out Master X either.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by polybonk View Post
Would love to know what you think if you ever test it out. I have heard people say that the TC brickwall pumps and ozone is better so I suspect that it's chain/workflow dependent as well.
I have the Ozone, Elephant, UAD, Sonnox, Fabfilter limiters and a few others as well.

To my ears and for my music and production goals the Powercore/6000 version of the TC Brickwall Limiter stands head and shoulders above my other options in several critical areas that are very important to me, so it's still the software limiter I use when mastering.

For channel mix limiters I often reach for some of the others and the other usual suspects like an 1176 set to limit.

I will try to demo this new native version.
Old 23rd July 2020
Lives for gear

Let me know what you think.
I have the powercore here and used the brickwall all the time until I had to switch to windows 10.

Cedar adaptive limiter is the best I have used and my current go to limiter.
Old 23rd July 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Let me know what you think.
I have the powercore here and used the brickwall all the time until I had to switch to windows 10.

Cedar adaptive limiter is the best I have used and my current go to limiter.
Holy crap...I have never heard of this limiter before so I started looking into it. I saw it for sale on Vintage King for 3000$ US . Did I just see that correctly?! This is a plugin with no hardware attached to it correct?
Old 26th July 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzy View Post

Cheers
Fred
I did the same thing recently on a new computer running Windows 10.
I did a buy out on several Powercore 6000s, new in the box.

To get all 8 DSP working, after turning on the Powercore and letting it find the 4 DSP, close the Powercore window, then reload it.

You should now have all 8 working.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayt0n View Post
Holy crap...I have never heard of this limiter before so I started looking into it. I saw it for sale on Vintage King for 3000$ US . Did I just see that correctly?! This is a plugin with no hardware attached to it correct?
Yeah that's correct.
Prohibitively expensive.
Running on its own HASP dongle.
Adds something crazy like half a second of latency.

And yet it is still the best mastering limiter I have ever used.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Yeah that's correct.
Prohibitively expensive.
Running on its own HASP dongle.
Adds something crazy like half a second of latency.

And yet it is still the best mastering limiter I have ever used.
Wow!!! What does the CPU hit look like?!
📝 Reply