The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Korneff 4K LMC clone plugin - Talkback Limiter
Old 28th June 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Korneff View Post
I'm not fully opposed to adding in some i/o metering and trim, but I encourage you to work with this limiter in a different way first.
Hey Dan, what bmanic is suggesting has nothing to do with how this plugin is supposed to work. We left LMC territory long ago. What you’ve created is the best LMC emulation on the market. Congrats! With bmanic’s small tweak you’re opening new uncharted capabilities and maximizing the use of your product. You cannot achieve anything close to what bmanic has done with the stock configuration. It’s a different animal altogether.

And as b0se suggested, you shouldn’t change the front GUI. Keep everything as is and add it under the hood. That way you’re not complicating the process for the new user and you’re keeping the LMC approach intact.
Old 28th June 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
What address are you sending to? We're usually pretty quick about responding.
Hi Dan. The first was through the contact form on your website. The second was a response to one of your automated emails about "Talkback Love." It should be from my username at gmail and it was to korneffaudio at gmail. Thanks
Old 29th June 2020 | Show parent
Attached Thumbnails
Korneff 4K LMC clone plugin - Talkback Limiter-pad.jpg  
Old 29th June 2020
Lives for gear

Uhh looks like i cant go around that thing.

Will test it today.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodeath View Post
Hey Luke, I love the sentiment here in your post. However, it seems kind of at odds with the fact that I've emailed twice over the past few weeks and never received a reply. That left much more of a sour taste for me than the lack of getting in on the $10 intro sale.
Melodeath -

We try not to let things get by us, but they do, evidently.

Please logon to your account on our website. We hope what you find will take the bad taste out of your mouth. We stand behind our words, and we will seek to do better.

Luke
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korneff Audio View Post
Melodeath -

We try not to let things get by us, but they do, evidently.

Please logon to your account on our website. We hope what you find will take the bad taste out of your mouth. We stand behind our words, and we will seek to do better.

Luke
Hey Luke, I really appreciate that! Initially I just wanted to provide some feedback on my experience as a potential customer, but this response is very generous of you! Thanks so much!
Old 30th June 2020
Here for the gear

Hey all,

Just a quick heads up...

Hi All,

There is an upgrade to the Pawn Shop Comp coming out very very soon.

PSC 2.0 will feature all the same great tone and functionality - and tweakability... but even moreso: More things to tweak, expanded settings, and a gorgeous user interface that retains the charm of the original but makes operating it even more fun and easy.

Stay tuned... your socks will be knocked off!
Old 30th June 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
for everyone wanting an input trim:

This circuit was originally designed as a down and dirty limiter for studio communication systems. It's meant to level off a signal (whether it be a shotgun blast 2 feet from the mic, or a mouse fart 20 feet away) at any cost (including sonic integrity). That's the beast we are dealing with. With that in mind, it was never intended to gently kiss your audio.
With the input level set to Line and the Listen knob set fully CCW, the threshold sits around -24dB, so if you wanted to get the operating level to a point of no compresssion, you'd have to trim the input around 24dB.
Switching the input to MIC removes a 30dBpad on the input, allowing even more fun to be had with the limiter. At that point, the meter is useless. It'll be pegged at full deflection. BUT you can really dig in and create some fun sounds.

I'm not fully opposed to adding in some i/o metering and trim, but I encourage you to work with this limiter in a different way first. The Wet/Dry knob will be your most valuable function on the limiter. Smash your audio to a really excited, super exaggerated state, and then knock it back into reality with that Wet/Dry knob. I think at that point you'll really harness the magic of the unit.
Let me know what you guys think!
I'm finding 30% is great on almost any bus.
Old 1st July 2020
Here for the gear

Actually a bit gutted this is iLok as the demo's I've heard sound fantastic and was about to buy it. Just can't be doing with a USB and computer is offline so won't work
Old 3rd July 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranzmit View Post
Actually a bit gutted this is iLok
I feel your pain. Unfortunately, I have to protect my investment
Old 3rd July 2020
Here for the gear

Completely understand Dan
Old 3rd July 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hey all,

Just a quick heads up...

Hi All,

There is an upgrade to the Pawn Shop Comp coming out very very soon.

PSC 2.0 will feature all the same great tone and functionality - and tweakability... but even moreso: More things to tweak, expanded settings, and a gorgeous user interface that retains the charm of the original but makes operating it even more fun and easy.

Stay tuned... your socks will be knocked off!

Hi Dan

I’m in love with the Talkback and have it as a parallel on almost everything now. I’m looking forward to the new PSC. Should we wait to demo? I haven’t demoed the original but don’t want to use up trial time on the old one if the new one is coming.

Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020
Lives for gear

Will this be available as a VST, or is it VST3 only?
Old 5th July 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateHawkins View Post
Should we wait to demo?
PSC 2 has been released, so go get that demo! Lemme know what you think.
Old 5th July 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Allison View Post
Will this be available as a VST, or is it VST3 only?
This will only be VST3.
It's hard to imagine, but VST3 was introduced in 2008... it 12 years old. Steinberg has stopped supporting older versions of VST and I couldn't get an EULA to distribute that format, even if I wanted to.
Old 6th July 2020
Lives for gear
Appreciate this one! Congrats!

Not totally appreciating 4 emails on signing up for a demo
Old 6th July 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredouli View Post
Not totally appreciating 4 emails on signing up for a demo
Yikes! The last thing we wanna do is annoy you with unwanted emails.
Would you mind sending an email to support @ korneffaudio.com explaining your user experience so we can find tune the process? That would be really helpful to us and everyone else.
Old 6th July 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Subscribed to their site just because of that crazy dog pop up.
Old 7th July 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseflaw View Post
Subscribed to their site just because of that crazy dog pop up.
yay!! You're not the only one
Old 25th July 2020
Here for the gear

We just got the nicest review in Sound on Sound for the Talkback Limiter! Congrats, Dan, on your fabulous work on this.

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews...lkback-limiter

Luke
Old 26th July 2020 | Show parent
yay!!!

I had 2 main goals for this design.
#1 - make it easy to get "that sound"
#2 - add tweaks that make it usable for more sources

I was really excited to see the reviewer touch on those 2 points. Mission complete

Old 26th July 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
.. and my first feature request immediately after testing the demo for just a tiny bit:

- Could we please have an internal pre/post DIGITAL trim gain pot that covers at least 48dB? I just inserted AirWindows BitShiftGain plugin before the LMC and reduced my drums by -48dB and then started experimenting with the internal controls and the crazy 30dB MIC boost thing. This plugin seems to be properly analogue modelled and thus reacts very nicely to different gain ranges of audio.

The internal FET bias and Distortion trim pots suddenly become much more interesting when you drive the plugin with very low level audio. Same goes for the MIC button which suddenly becomes useful.

It's just a shame you need two additional external plugins to enable all this interesting madness.. when a simple internal digital input/output gain combination with a huge range would do the same.

EDIT: Even with the hassle of inserting additional plugins to properly gain stage stuff into this.. it's superb. Absolutely amazing sounding little thing. Love it! Bought.
THIS.
Old 27th July 2020
oh man Im not a fan of demos where you have to go thru checkout...come on, but now I downloaded and installed, had to ilok authenticate but where is the code?...and Ive already been hit with 4 emails and had to unsubscribe...whatever the plugin is like this is annoying...
Old 27th July 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
oh man Im not a fan of demos where you have to go thru checkout...come on, but now I downloaded and installed, had to ilok authenticate but where is the code?...and Ive already been hit with 4 emails and had to unsubscribe...whatever the plugin is like this is annoying...
Hi,

We’re sorry other you’re less than happy.

First things first: It sounds like you’re trying out the demo, and the demo doesn’t require an iLok code. When the iLok installer comes up, hit “Try” and you’ll be able to use the plugin with all functions for 7 days. You only need a code if you decide to buy.

Regarding demos through checkout: this is a decision we made in the best interests of our company and our customers. We’re sorry you’re not a fan of such a system, but we find it necessary.

Regarding emails: our system sends the emails it sends that are coupled into the processing of our online store. We also send a welcome/thank you email because we’re truly grateful that you’ve chosen to be a part of Korneff Audio. It sounds like you were hit by a bunch of them all at once, and we will see what we can do about the timing of that.

But most importantly, we want you to be able to install and use your software. We have some resources for that online, the video for iLok is located here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69YM17jiJ-I

Feel free to reach out to us on Gearslutz either on this thread or via a private message, and you can also email me directly at luke(a)korneffaudio.com.

Regards,
Luke
Quote:
First things first: It sounds like you’re trying out the demo, and the demo doesn’t require an iLok code. When the iLok installer comes up, hit “Try” and you’ll be able to use the plugin with all functions for 7 days. You only need a code if you decide to buy.
The system didn't seem to work when I signed in to my ilok. On second attempt it has told me I've tried too many times...

Quote:
Regarding demos through checkout: this is a decision we made in the best interests of our company and our customers. We’re sorry you’re not a fan of such a system, but we find it necessary.
It looks like you are using woocommerce checkout. It's fair if you want to capture an email address when allowing demos, but I can assure you it's not necessary to use checkout in order to do this-if you want to pay attention to this feedback you can ask your web developer...to make people make an account with you before they even tried the plugin, and send them 4 emails. From the customers point of view with the amount of plugin developers out there wanting you to try their plugins its a bit premature to launch this level of campaign. Most people initiate a relationship with 'customers' ie people who like the demo enough to make a purchase.

Quote:
Regarding emails: our system sends the emails it sends that are coupled into the processing of our online store. We also send a welcome/thank you email because we’re truly grateful that you’ve chosen to be a part of Korneff Audio. It sounds like you were hit by a bunch of them all at once, and we will see what we can do about the timing of that.
Yes - its a problem if you use checkout to process demos. The you get all these 'account opening' and 'order received' type emails when you just 'purchased' a demo. If Korneff is a relatively new company and a bit keen fair enough, but it is a little OTT I think.

Quote:
But most importantly, we want you to be able to install and use your software. We have some resources for that online, the video for iLok is located here:
Perhaps others aren't so fatigued as I am but there are just so many emulations out there now...so many wanting you to try their plugins...Fair enough it you want to use ilok but I'd remove as many barriers as possible if you can.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
The system didn't seem to work when I signed in to my ilok. On second attempt it has told me I've tried too many times...

It looks like you are using woocommerce checkout. It's fair if you want to capture an email address when allowing demos, but I can assure you it's not necessary to use checkout in order to do this-if you want to pay attention to this feedback you can ask your web developer...to make people make an account with you before they even tried the plugin, and send them 4 emails. From the customers point of view with the amount of plugin developers out there wanting you to try their plugins its a bit premature to launch this level of campaign. Most people initiate a relationship with 'customers' ie people who like the demo enough to make a purchase.

Yes - its a problem if you use checkout to process demos. The you get all these 'account opening' and 'order received' type emails when you just 'purchased' a demo. If Korneff is a relatively new company and a bit keen fair enough, but it is a little OTT I think.

Perhaps others aren't so fatigued as I am but there are just so many emulations out there now...so many wanting you to try their plugins...Fair enough it you want to use ilok but I'd remove as many barriers as possible if you can.

Yo I hear you —- this thing is worth it, though.
Quote:
Hey! I'm gonna PM you about this so we can figure it out.
Old 28th July 2020 | Show parent
Gear Head

Did the system requirements just go up? It says "Mac OS X 10.14 or later" on the website but I'm running this on 10.7.5 and so far everything works well. Will any future updates demand 10.14?
Old 28th July 2020
Lives for gear

Just wanted to give a shoutout that after listening to Dan Korneff's podcast with Gearcast, I'd like to give his plugins a try.

Before that, it was like 'here's another compressor plugins".

After the podcast, I find that he's someone that is really passionate about his craft and such a humble, nice person.
Old 28th July 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warns View Post
Did the system requirements just go up? It says "Mac OS X 10.14 or later" on the website but I'm running this on 10.7.5 and so far everything works well. Will any future updates demand 10.14?
The big factor is support of 64bit DAWs. Mohave, 10.14, is the OS that Mac no longer supports 32bit versions of DAWs.

That being said, it will work on OS X versions as low as 10.7, depending on the year of the Mac, the version of the DAW, etc. This is a bunch of stuff we can’t really test for.

We’ve updated the info on our site to reflect what I’ve written above. It will work on 10.7 and up; we recommend 10.14 or higher.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention - we appreciate anything that makes our products better, our information more accurate - anything that allows us to add value.

Luke
Korneff Audio
📝 Reply