MAAT Completes Trilogy With New LP EQ: thEQred - Page 9 - Gearspace
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MAAT Completes Trilogy With New LP EQ: thEQred
Old 16th February 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG ➡️
As I’m considering adding this to my mastering setup, I’d love to know if there was any conclusion to the above saga.

Thanks!
Mark
The issue described above affects the thEQblue not thEQred.
Old 17th February 2021 | Show parent
MrG
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Morrison ➡️
The issue described above affects the thEQblue not thEQred.
Thanks, Simon! I am considering purchasing all of their EQs, so I was asking regarding the customer service closure. But I do appreciate you offering some insight.

I've just demoed all of the three EQs today, and they are indeed really high quality processes. My initial reaction is that it's a bit of a misstep to have Red start up in High quailty mode (not Xtra), because in that mode there was a bit of obstruction/cannibalization in the soundstage depth compared to Orange. At first, I thought I much preferred Orange for this reason alone. However, after switching to Xtra on Red, I think it may be superior. I observed these issues in multiple frequency ranges, both boost and cut, both bell and shelving, btw.

Regardless, it is truly a mastering-grade pristine/transparent EQ, and it fits nicely with my analog mastering chain. I'll definitely purchase one, or maybe both, as Orange may be better suited to Pop/Hifi mastering, or maybe even just certain programs.

Regarding Blue, I think it does beat ProQ3, but it was unstable on my 2019 mac running 10.15, that doesn't usually have issues, in PT Ultimate (most recent version). I experienced some crashes upon instantiation, a few times in the course of a brief mix tweak.

Happy to be aware of this company and thanks for your work MAAT!

Best,
MG
📝 Reply