The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Plugin Alliance Release AMEK EQ 200
Old 21st May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Skeens View Post
I tried bx3 and Amek in Plugin Doctor and setting Amek to 4.0 q and bx3 to 5.0 the mid range curves look to match exactly.
Yeah easy to match them in PD or by-ear .. I find the bx_digital to be more versatile for the purpose with the extra features and Pultec-like pots.
Old 21st May 2020
Gear Maniac
Its crazy, but PAs strategy is worse, than Behringer
Old 21st May 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by plx View Post
you know i can say that about Logic's Channel EQ.
except it costs less to buy Logic's Channel EQ with whole DAW and 80GB of content included than this thing.
The Logic Channel EQ is pretty darn good eh? I often open up Pro Tools stock EQ and sweep around at various Qs to see how it compares to what im used to hearing from EQuilibrium (and now MAAT and EQ1). Its not bad, and I no longer get anxiety when I see clients using them in a mix, but IMO this Amek EQ easily beats it top to bottom.
Old 21st May 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Albazy View Post
Yeah easy to match them in PD or by-ear .. I find the bx_digital to be more versatile for the purpose with the extra features and Pultec-like pots.
I tried by ear also and seemed close but was interesting to see how matched it really was.

I still find the default offset on each channel odd on the Amek.
Old 21st May 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Humanoid View Post
And yet you are here, reading and commenting.
Yeah, trying to filter through to find the rare intelligent and insightful comment.
Old 21st May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Skeens View Post
I tried by ear also and seemed close but was interesting to see how matched it really was.

I still find the default offset on each channel odd on the Amek.
Indeed for a high-end outboard the tolerance is pretty high in the TMT, but still better than their other comps, EQs and consoles that have the TMT set with a tolerance only seen on boards that requires maintenance!
Old 21st May 2020
Lives for gear

BTW I've asked PA before to let users control the amount for TMT tolerance (with like a small screw near the TMT section goes from 100% default to 0% zero-tolerance) and they refused it straightaway. The funny thing some of them suggested to use the plugins in parallel mode!
Old 21st May 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Albazy View Post
BTW I've asked PA before to let users control the amount for TMT tolerance (with like a small screw near the TMT section goes from 100% default to 0% zero-tolerance) and they refused it straightaway. The funny thing some of them suggested to use the plugins in parallel mode!
Was going to say a smaller difference might be useful. I think the stock setting is what makes it sound weird. If I wanted an offset I could just ungang the left and right and manually adjust the level/freq of paired bands.
Old 21st May 2020
It's so weird to me that people get mad about PA pricing. You can get any PA plugin for around $30 if you time it right. Why is anyone offended by a temporarily, laughably high price? It's a totally transparent attempt to sell more subscriptions. Everyone knows, including PA, that no one is paying $349 for this plugin, unless they just don't care about the money in which case god bless 'em. Everyone also knows, including PA, that you'll be able to buy this plugin for around $30 if you're patient, so why take the temporarily inflated price as a personal attack?
Old 21st May 2020
plx
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackbout View Post
It's so weird to me that people get mad about PA pricing. You can get any PA plugin for around $30 if you time it right. Why is anyone offended by a temporarily, laughably high price? It's a totally transparent attempt to sell more subscriptions. Everyone knows, including PA, that no one is paying $349 for this plugin, unless they just don't care about the money in which case god bless 'em. Everyone also knows, including PA, that you'll be able to buy this plugin for around $30 if you're patient, so why take the temporarily inflated price as a personal attack?
Its a ****ty marketing strategy and companies should be scrutinised for it
Old 21st May 2020
Quote:
Its a ****ty marketing strategy and companies should be scrutinised for it
in what way though? what upsets you about it?
Old 21st May 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:

He also sent all the haters here. :D

it's hilarious. He already deleted a few of my comments

****ing hell...imagine being that insecure. He certainly isn't doing himself any favors...
Old 21st May 2020
Lives for gear

This plugin cost me 437$ If I buy It.
WTF is happening?
Old 21st May 2020
Lives for gear

PA Marketing aside, I can say that I worked with this one a lot over the last couple of day's trying my hardest to give it a fair chance. I absolutely would not consider this a mastering eq in the state it is now. I'm not saying it sounds bad at all but I see it as a buss eq and it works well there. I also got good results using it on some stereo synth and synth bass tracks using the mono maker helped there and the thd was useful.

Maybe PA needs to re evaluate exactly what this thing is? Maybe fix some of the flaws that keep it from being a true mastering eq. The if they address those and release a true mastering version...

For $600.00

Could not help myself.

Stay safe and healthy.
G
Old 21st May 2020
Quote:
please don't
Old 21st May 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownSideUp View Post
please don't
haha! i'm honestly just trying to understand. maybe not worth it.
Old 21st May 2020
Quote:
haha! i'm honestly just trying to understand. maybe not worth it.
you know it! you said it:

Everyone also knows, including PA, that you'll be able to buy this plugin for around $30

So it's 300$, 30$, sub, or not at all. We can choose and just move on to make good music, I think that's the ultimate goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectacular g View Post
ks well there. I also got good results using it on some stereo synth and synth bass tracks using the mono maker helped there and the thd was useful.

Maybe PA needs to re evaluate exactly what this thing is? Maybe fix some of the flaws that keep it from being a true mastering eq. The if they address those and release a true mastering version...

For $600.00

Could not help myself.

Stay safe and healthy.
G
what flaws ?
Old 21st May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durk Diggler View Post
Amek EQ 200 & Mixing With Mike

https://youtu.be/1He8cwOGxYw
Mike falls in love usually with every PA plugin. His reviews are completely undifferentiated and useless as reviews. But they are good as walkthrough lessons.
Old 21st May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpga View Post
This plugin cost me 437$ If I buy It.
WTF is happening?
Nothing, as long as you don't buy.
Old 21st May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlogicUser View Post
I compared it with the sonnox GML Option and it sounded better than the the Amek... My personal opinion...
To compare it with EQ1 and Maat is strange, cause this Eq has broad bands...like the curvebender and the IK Sontec Emulation...
But the IK one sounds better than this new PA EQ... I am a fan of PA, but this time i pass, cause this eq is not worth the price..sry... Why should i pay so much for an average EQ, when i get Equilibrium or Curvebende or Weiss Eq or Maat for the same price (Ok Maat is a little bit more)... This new PA Release is really disappointing... When this is modeled after Dirks GML and Sontec Eq, why does the Sonnox GML option (a GML-8200 emulation) sounds so much better... and why is the IK Sontec Emulation so much better, than this....?...

This time i pass... I love PA, cause all the Brainworx Plugins are AAX DSP...Great for me as HDX User...
But this EQ is not worth the price... sry PA
I have totally opposite impressions. A really like what AMEK200 does to the sound. To me one of the best sounding Eq plugins to date IMO. IKM Sontec is awful sounding EQ, thin, artificial. Unprocessed material sounds alway better than processed by this IKM EQ. Sonnox sounded good in the days of Waves Q10. Both terrible. Ultra cheap EQs like Overtone AF2-10M or DDMF IIEQPro kick their ass pretty hard
Old 21st May 2020
Quote:

Everyone also knows, including PA, that you'll be able to buy this plugin for around $30

So it's 300$, 30$, sub, or not at all. We can choose and just move on to make good music, I think that's the ultimate goal.
ya that i understand, what i don't understand is how that upsets people, but i also don't care all that much so ya, all good. stay mad people!
Old 21st May 2020
Gear Maniac

I am a happy subscriber, using lots of their plugins. This one is really good again.
Old 21st May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Farmer View Post
Yeah, trying to filter through to find the rare intelligent and insightful comment.
Why don't you just pop over into Dirk's new positive echo chamber.

You'll get lots on insightful comments there, and no fawning whatsoever.
Old 22nd May 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Humanoid View Post
Why don't you just pop over into Dirk's new positive echo chamber.

You'll get lots on insightful comments there, and no fawning whatsoever.
I mean, there is in fact plenty of healthy criticism and insightful commentary on that group. So your sarcasm is silly.

What’s absent is the trolls you find here that derail everything.

There’s even a dedicated PA thread here with the same group of people endlessly day after day whining about PA and the pricing. You can’t even have a conversation.

It’s ****ing toxic and honestly kind of sad.
Old 22nd May 2020
plx
Gear Addict

Quote:
i'm not personally upset since i got over the whole PA hype pretty quickly and i stopped buying their plugs long before such marketing stunts
I don't think trying to "encourage" everyone to sub by:
- first trying to release the plugin on sub only
- then giving it a ridiculous price, to coerce people into sub anyway
all while not fixing bugs and complaints about other plugs.

quantity over quality over at PA.

the ridiculous price dumps PA does (and Waves, although what Waves does is unarguably illegal in Europe) in the long run hurt the industry. it creates a monopoly of the big ones, while boutique devs and/or devs that value Quality>Quanity will have a harder time to compete (despite the fact that they often have better gear)

i did try Amek. I find it meh. At least it doesn't alias or truncate tho, so that's a start. :D
Old 22nd May 2020
plx
Gear Addict

Quote:

what flaws ?
that ugly un-analog waveshaper of a THD, and 2.5dB/50Hz difference between TMT channels? :D
idk, pick one.
Old 22nd May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
I mean, there is in fact plenty of healthy criticism and insightful commentary on that group. So your sarcasm is silly.

And yet, you are still perusing the forums here (still), and whining away... Just like us trolls, apparently. I just find it deeply ironic.

And if the trolls are absent there, why not stop wasting your time here, and just chat to those insightful dudes?

Of course, people wouldn't be trolling, if Dirk hadn't been such a cretin in the first place.
Old 22nd May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:

There’s even a dedicated PA thread here with the same group of people endlessly day after day whining about PA and the pricing. You can’t even have a conversation.

So you're whining about whining?

I also suggest that you stick to Dirk's POSITIVE Fans Group.
Old 22nd May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:

I think you might be missing some context here, going by your join date. What you see isn't just out of the blue.
Old 22nd May 2020
Lives for gear

I'm going to start adding to my IGNORE LIST.

Make My Day.
📝 Reply