Mastering The Mix Releases MIXROOM plugin - Page 11 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mastering The Mix Releases MIXROOM plugin
Old 17th August 2020
Gear Nut

That’s a good point - forgot to mention I am doing that just now with StandardClip - but I think I have been TOO gentle with it...really just shaving some tips when I should probably go after a db or more...

Will give it a try!
Old 4 weeks ago
adl
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianL View Post
That’s a good point - forgot to mention I am doing that just now with StandardClip - but I think I have been TOO gentle with it...really just shaving some tips when I should probably go after a db or more...

Will give it a try!
Yeah, you should get away with something around 3dB (max !) with hardclipping. Make sure to go with 16x oversampling or more for offline rendering.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JfromRVA View Post
looking forward to possibly have bassroom and mixroom as an integrated plugin. Right now, to be honest, it is cumbersome and counter-intuitive, not to mention inconsistent.

Bassroom is still great and consistent on the 2-buss for me. But adding in Mixroom at the output stage does not lead me to the desire result. Which is Bassroom and Mixroom working together, instead of, at least in my experience, against each other.
This pretty much sums up how I felt about Mixroom when demoing it. Bassroom still lives on my 2-buss.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

@ MasteringtheMix
Not sure if this is a bug, but in Cubase 10.5, when I re-open Bassroom on my master, I can click on 'Target' and the target levels will set in over a few seconds.

Not so with Mixroom; the red target lines keeps blinking, and 'reset targets' does not appear. So in order to reset the target levels, I actually have to go into my user preset again and click 'create targets' again. Surely this is not as intended?
Using v. 1.03 here.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
@ MasteringtheMix
Not sure if this is a bug, but in Cubase 10.5, when I re-open Bassroom on my master, I can click on 'Target' and the target levels will set in over a few seconds.

Not so with Mixroom; the red target lines keeps blinking, and 'reset targets' does not appear. So in order to reset the target levels, I actually have to go into my user preset again and click 'create targets' again. Surely this is not as intended?
Using v. 1.03 here.
Hey @ Arcana ,

If you could please report any bugs through our support system that would be great:

https://masteringthemix.zendesk.com/...b/requests/new

Thanks!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasteringtheMix View Post
Hey @ Arcana ,

If you could please report any bugs through our support system that would be great:

https://masteringthemix.zendesk.com/...b/requests/new

Thanks!
Ok. Will do.
I thought perhaps I was missing something obvious, since no one else had mentioned it.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

I've been using Mixroom at the track level for weeks now, but today was my first "I'm finishing a mix" session. I put it on the mix buss, and loaded the reference track i was using as a tonal reference for the mix design. I got the usual massive boost at 20 kHz (which my HD600s can't actually reproduce that much anyway, not to say my 40 year old ears). There were a couple of small nips and tucks suggested at the 1-2 db level, but nothing major. The effect was subtle and necessary (it deharshed the mix in a very nice way).

Then bassroom removed a massive boom in the sub range which I couldn't hear on my monitoring setup, but the audible ranges were within 0.5 db of the suggestions from Bassroom. Job done :-D

I really can't think of a single plugin that has transformed my mixes more than Mixroom. Deeply impressive stuff, and the transformation is as much about learning as it is about "this thing does it for you". It doesn't, it just made me a better mix engineer.
📝 Reply