Softube and Weiss Release EQ1, Gambit Series for Console 1 and Complete Collection - Page 31 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Softube and Weiss Release EQ1, Gambit Series for Console 1 and Complete Collection
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by biomuse View Post
Comparing the Weiss vs Equilibrium, and choosing the filters carefully to match the curve shapes, I am having trouble hearing differences worth noting.
Several times I've found the highs more attractive on Equilibrium. Lows, not so sure - I imagine more solidity from the Weiss from time to time, but A/Bing, it's not an impression that sticks. Need to take another shot maybe in a couple of days but, as of right now, not feeling super compelled to buy.

Also compared to the Vertigo VSE2. Those highs are what I'd call "sweet." Not sure where the "sweet" language comes from when describing the Weiss - I'm finding it more invisible/clinical than sweet or characterful.

Thanks for comparing it to VSE2. I am testing the Weiss EQ1 in a good week, when I have time, and fresh ears. For me, the highs of the VSE2 are really superb, my best creative EQ I got. Just mastered a live tape recording from 1983 of an organ concert with the VSE2 as a final shine with a bit mid / bass boost. So amazing !

But I am also using the DS-1 Compressor really often, and like this musical behaviour of rounding the transients in a pleasant way, so I am pretty open to spend some money for Weiss EQ. Perhaps waiting for some xmas sales ? .
📝 Reply