The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DDMF Release MagicDeathEye Stereo
Old 15th May 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcl View Post
You must like dinosaurs quite a lot.
joke obviously (alluding to the IK T-RackS dinosaur that was removed via user feedback)
Old 15th May 2020
TNC
Lives for gear

Can any of you guys get Vari-Mu movement/groove with Arousor?
Old 16th May 2020
Lives for gear

If you haven't dug into the hidden controllers to find the Punch on/off toggle, you are really missing something.

Makes the MDE/S a very different animal. Great Easter Egg.
Old 16th May 2020
Gear Addict

I like the mojo of the mono version. This one has some finesse with it but too light for my taste.
Old 16th May 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Moran View Post
If you haven't dug into the hidden controllers to find the Punch on/off toggle, you are really missing something.

Where is the punch on/off on the interface?
Old 16th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmo View Post
Where is the punch on/off on the interface?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcl View Post
Upon further testing. I popped an instance in ableton and exposed the controllers. There’s quite a few features that seem to be hidden.
What is Punch? Plus wet dry is there and it seems to work just fine.

It's not on the main plug in face screen, you have to find it on the controller assignments depending upon what DAW you are using. Easter Egg.

I saved a couple of presets with Punch on and off for easy toggling between the two.

Feels like it changes the compression ratio/response curve and could be some timing changes too. It's a very discernible difference.

hat tip to jlcl for his exploration and discovery.

Last edited by John Moran; 16th May 2020 at 08:10 PM.. Reason: more drivel...
Old 17th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Feels like it changes the compression ratio/response curve and could be some timing changes too. It's a very discernible difference.
More Punch
Old 17th May 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
More Punch
Is' t it what was the lady switch for ?
Old 17th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
In the mono version.
There is also an easter egg in the stereo one but no lady
Old 17th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
One thing it does is switch off an ~16dB GR limit on the compression curve.
Old 17th May 2020
Gear Guru

Thks'guyz , gearslutz are no joke when it comes to testing lol
Old 19th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:

Just tried this.

BALLZY!

In the manual, I think elliptical mode ON is PUNCH

Control Clicking the low frequency knob
This will engage an elliptical flter for the low end. “Mono” will show up on the knob and the left and right low end below the selected frequency will be summed together. This is useful for tightening up the low end of a song that has “phase-y” synths or guitar under 100Hz. Or perhaps a kick isn’t centered in a drum sample. It will focus the low end and make things feel punchier if not so already.

When I tried this from the automation, the "mono" does not show up. So I'm not sure this is the same thing.

Last edited by Ribbonmicguy; 19th May 2020 at 12:17 PM.. Reason: adding from the manual
Old 19th May 2020
Gear Addict

Woahh just tried this on some drums and man does it make them pop! It's way more aggressive than the punch mode on the MDE mono version (sorry pin up girl)

Thanks for the tip!

Quote:

Old 20th May 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling View Post
How was the last BF Deal from Maat?
That was 35% off storewide.

I will probably grab thEQorange this year. Already have the Santa Cruz 12 and it replaced my other digital non-hw-emulation EQs completely on the channels. Very rare that the 4/6 bands are not enough for normal channel duties. However, I took the bigger version because of the two parallel models it offers.

Still have to check out the MDE(s). I haven‘t tried them yet, but this thread makes me think I definitely should
Old 20th May 2020
Lives for gear

I actually love this certain on master. I can't get no other compressor to do what this does. The mono version is great on vocals but didn't really wow me on master.
Old 20th May 2020
Gear Head

Loving this for mastering. But strangely I find the oversample x2 sounds better than the x4...

With this + Unisum + VSC-3 I feel I can tackle any style of music. I usually choose one or a combo of two.

Mastering ITB is becoming a reality.
Old 22nd May 2020
Gear Nut

Sooo as some here have found out about the punch a.k.a. Laura mode (which was really only left in there accidentally), we thought we might as well make it official. Well, it‘s still an easter egg in v1.0.2, but now an intentional easter egg, fully accessible from the UI instead of having to fiddle with a hidden parameter. Whoever came up with the name Laura: sorry that we‘ve shamelessly stolen the idea, but it was just too funny...
Old 22nd May 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by docdued View Post
Sooo as some here have found out about the punch a.k.a. Laura mode (which was really only left in there accidentally), we thought we might as well make it official. Well, it‘s still an easter egg in v1.0.2, but now an intentional easter egg, fully accessible from the UI instead of having to fiddle with a hidden parameter. Whoever came up with the name Laura: sorry that we‘ve shamelessly stolen the idea, but it was just too funny...
Jeezo brought the name for this mode !
Old 23rd May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
The change log for 1.0.2 also says "changed elliptical filter".
Could you please explain in more detail what has changed about the elliptical filter ?

Thanks.
Old 23rd May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
How does one access the Laura mode in 1.0.2?

Found it.
(option click the power LED.) (apparently option is optional ), just clicking on the power LED changes to Laura mode and off Laura mode)
rsp

Last edited by zvenx; 24th May 2020 at 03:01 PM..
Old 23rd May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Pin-up, please!
Old 26th May 2020
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
The change log for 1.0.2 also says "changed elliptical filter".
Could you please explain in more detail what has changed about the elliptical filter?
The distortion, clearly audible in the side signal when 'mono' was activated (at any low EQ setting) is gone in v1.0.2, which is nice.
Old 26th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Dempsey View Post
The distortion, clearly audible in the side signal when 'mono' was activated (at any low EQ setting) is gone in v1.0.2, which is nice.
Thanks for that.
Old 26th May 2020
Lives for gear

Got for sale:

DDMF Magic Death Eye
DDMF Magic Death Eye Stereo

Only as pair. PM if interested
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt9 View Post
Got for sale:

DDMF Magic Death Eye
DDMF Magic Death Eye Stereo

Only as pair. PM if interested
Sold
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Sold
To me!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrustycans View Post
To me!
I hope you enjoy them! There great!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I hope you enjoy them! There great!
Thanks mate, already making good use of both!!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Might upgrade my mono version soon! Everything is fixed now i guess.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrustycans View Post
Thanks mate, already making good use of both!!
Can I ask which one you use for which tasks? Trying to get a handle on what does what best...

Thank you!
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear