The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
waveTracing SP950 effect plugin: SP1200 & S950 combination
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pos_ View Post
Convolution stages are only part of the process.
Did you actually try it?
I fiddled for a couple of hours with the web app thing when you released it and i've listened to a few clips on Youtube recently of the compiled plugin version.the aliasing part of the DAC is probably the least interesting part of running things through samplers to me,so i don't think there is anything there for me personally.it didn't remind me at all of the SP12 i had borrowed for a couple of weeks last year beyond the superficial parts like the aliasing and the alterations to the spectrum.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idontcare View Post
I dont think it is that because i am not talking about the timing and rather how the sounds initialise.at least to me there's a large disparity between how transients "hit"through circuits versus being triggered directly from an ITB sampler or the DAW's timeline
About transients, to add some punch I use Maschine's Transient Master effect, ToneBoosters Compressor v3 or ToneBoosters Ferox.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotuz2019 View Post
About transients, to add some punch I use Maschine's Transient Master effect, ToneBoosters Compressor v3 or ToneBoosters Ferox.
Don't like transient shapers and it's not necessarily louder/peaks more it just has a different,more interesting dynamic that tends to sit in mixes better.i have a feeling it's the VCA's so i am going to try and run some drums through some outboard synths i own that have audio inputs into the filters and amp stage
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I dont think it is that because i am not talking about the timing and rather how the sounds initialise.at least to me there's a large disparity between how transients "hit"through circuits versus being triggered directly from an ITB sampler or the DAW's timeline

P.S the Industry album and Moulin Rouge with Kemal are easily some of the best things to come out of DnB.serious props for those sonic orgasms
I get what your saying, certainly possible there's a difference. I did some extensive tests years ago when I gave up on my Emu and Roland hardware and joined the beta team for Kontakt 1 and I found the biggest difference for me was the timing and how it affects the brains perception.

Consider that each time a hit is triggered (slightly random/jitter) the decay of the previous hit (also random) will be in a different place each time the next upcoming transient hits (due to the samplers adsr) It often makes the transients seem more organic when it is just the random nature of the layering effect. In a computer, you just don't notice it due to the sample accuracy.

P.s Glad you like the tunes
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
I fiddled for a couple of hours with the web app thing when you released it and i've listened to a few clips on Youtube recently of the compiled plugin version.the aliasing part of the DAC is probably the least interesting part of running things through samplers to me,so i don't think there is anything there for me personally.it didn't remind me at all of the SP12 i had borrowed for a couple of weeks last year beyond the superficial parts like the aliasing and the alterations to the spectrum.
Fair enough, although you vehemently pushed for a DAW-compatible version back when I did the web app:
SP12k - Sampling Percussion (inspired by the SP1200)
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Fair enough, although you vehemently pushed for a DAW-compatible version back when I did the web app:
always gonna be those people.

good work. bought and using the plug, thanks
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Can't please em all. I for one am quite pleased though!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Like the way you singled me out.other people asked too and it just felt like a common sense move as in terms of workflow i find having to incorporate things like web apps very tedious given my main computer is offline.it might surprise you to learn that i don't live on Gearslutz and i very rarely go back through posts i have made to see if people have replied if i haven't been on here for a long while,as i don't really have much vested interest in doing so.its just a pastime for me to shoot the **** when i have time to do so as i have very few actual friends who are into music production these days..me requesting it be a plugin is more about it being more convenient to try it(which wouldn't have been a convenience anyways considering you decided not to release a demo of the plugin verison)not really any kind of indication of me validating its sound(which is clear from the tone of the replies you linked).i wasn't aware it was just about the aliasing and the filtering otherwise(which i didnt realise till i demoed it a month or so after that thread) i never would have been interested in the first place.i read "model of SP1200"and got ahead of myself
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Like the way you singled me out.other people asked too and it just felt like a common sense move as in terms of workflow i find having to incorporate things like web apps very tedious given my main computer is offline.it might surprise you to learn that i don't live on Gearslutz and i very rarely go back through posts i have made to see if people have replied if i haven't been on here for a long while,as i don't really have much vested interest in doing so.its just a pastime for me to shoot the **** when i have time to do so as i have very few actual friends who are into music production these days..me requesting it be a plugin is more about it being more convenient to try it(which wouldn't have been a convenience anyways considering you decided not to release a demo of the plugin verison)not really any kind of indication of me validating its sound(which is clear from the tone of the replies you linked).i wasn't aware it was just about the aliasing and the filtering otherwise(which i didnt realise till i demoed it a month or so after that thread) i never would have been interested in the first place.i read "model of SP1200"and got ahead of myself
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/participated.php
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

This thread is approaching its age limit and will soon be automatically moved to the "older than 2 months" sub section.

As a consequence it will not be directly listed anymore, so you should probably subscribe to the thread if you want to be informed about news and updates.

Planed updates include AAX support, potential UI tweaks, as well as additional features like "under the hood" settings (bitdepth, sample rate).
Also stay tuned for future products!

Cheers
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
This thread is approaching its age limit and will soon be automatically moved to the "older than 2 months" sub section.

As a consequence it will not be directly listed anymore, so you should probably subscribe to the thread if you want to be informed about news and updates.

Planed updates include AAX support, potential UI tweaks, as well as additional features like "under the hood" settings (bitdepth, sample rate).
Also stay tuned for future products!

Cheers
Tuned and don't touch that dial
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear