Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Product Alerts older than 2 months (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/)
-   -   TBProAudio releases DSEQ, a dynamic spectral equalizer for Windows and Mac OS X (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/1306847-tbproaudio-releases-dseq-dynamic-spectral-equalizer-windows-mac-os-x.html)

TBProAudio 22nd June 2020 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan98 (Post 14814244)
Would it be possible to have a keyboard modifier for adjusting Q without resorting to the numeric display? This would greatly speed things up.

Mouse over filter button in GR display and mouse wheel?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan98 (Post 14814244)
Also, a version with the ability to make static 'regular' EQ adjustments would be really nice, rather than using a separate plugin for that.

I'm not sure if it makes sense to add a "poor" static EQ to DSEQ, instead of using a separate pro EQ?

But we may think about adding something like an AI EQ matching thing ...

Slug1 22nd June 2020 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0se (Post 14812499)
DSEQ in tracks, Gullfoss on busses.

abduction

Yep. Same here. Actually Gullfoss is somewhat of a tilt for me. But not to exaggerate highs or lows, but to just balance everything on a Buss. I really like the two in combination.

axb312 23rd June 2020 06:51 PM

Does TbProAudio typically do sales?

PeerSoe 23rd June 2020 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axb312 (Post 14817133)
Does TbProAudio typically do sales?

No, never.

allstar 23rd June 2020 10:03 PM

I'm often using DSEQ to deal with unwanted resonances. When doing this I often prep a pre-filter band around the problem ready for if I need to boost this area in the sidechain.

I've gotten used to using a spectrum analyser to confirm I'm in the right place. Yes, I'll figure it just fine by ear, but an analyser is like another opinion to quickly check I've pinpointed the optimum spot.

It seems to me, when in the pre-filter monitoring mode, a spectrum analyser on the graph would be really useful.

TBProAudio 24th June 2020 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allstar (Post 14817554)
It seems to me, when in the pre-filter monitoring mode, a spectrum analyser on the graph would be really useful.

I see. We may consider this in a future update kfhkh

cooker 24th June 2020 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allstar (Post 14817554)

I agree rather than adding stuff focusing on what it does best is a better approach.

TBProAudio 24th June 2020 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slug1 (Post 14814983)
Actually Gullfoss is somewhat of a tilt for me. But not to exaggerate highs or lows, but to just balance everything on a Buss.

Next release of DSEQ will add 3 presets which help to balance the mix in similar way.

Slug1 24th June 2020 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBProAudio (Post 14818861)
Next release of DSEQ will add 3 presets which help to balance the mix in similar way.

That’s exciting!! DSEQ is a marvelous tool!!

BigSmo 24th June 2020 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBProAudio (Post 14818861)

Amazing how often this gets updated.

Please consider an ‘in app’ update notification, I only ever find out it’s been updated on this thread.

TBProAudio 24th June 2020 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSmo (Post 14819029)
Please consider an ‘in app’ update notification, I only ever find out it’s been updated on this thread.

We are working on this.
At least it has a "check version" function in the info menu.

BigSmo 24th June 2020 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBProAudio (Post 14819054)
We are working on this.

Thank you, It would be great.

TBProAudio 25th June 2020 06:46 AM

Update to V1.6.0:

Update to V1.6.0:
  • automatic calculation of slope parameter (from current slope value and optional custom threshold)
  • presets to balance the mix
  • no meter reset after off-line render

automatic calculation of slope parameter:
We added a small button beside the slope parameter. It calculates the optimal slope parameter based on current spectrum slope (and - if present- custom threshold). So no more guessing, just set it with one mouse click. This is very handy if the custom threshold is different to the input signal.

presets to balance the mix:
We added 3 presets to balance your mix against pink noise (3dB/oct), brown noise (4.5dB/oct) or even further (6db/oct, e.g. voice). Load the preset and lower threshold until you get a reasonable gain reduction.
With the presets you can freely move between smoothing/de-harshig (high threshold) and sound forming/balancing (low threshold).

Hope you like it ;)

rocketdirk 25th June 2020 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBProAudio (Post 14820287)
Update to V1.6.0:
  • automatic calculation of slope parameter (from current slope value and optional custom threshold)

We added a small button beside the slope parameter. It calculates the optimal slope parameter based on current spectrum slope (and - if present- custom threshold). So no more guessing, just set it with one mouse click. This is very handy if the custom threshold is different to the input signal.

We added 3 presets to balance your mix against pink noise (3dB/oct), brown noise (4.5dB/oct) or even further (6db/oct, e.g. voice). Load the preset and lower threshold until you get a reasonable gain reduction.
With the presets you can freely move between smoothing/de-harshig (high threshold) and sound forming/balancing (low threshold).

Hope you like it ;)

Fantastic!

Beatworld 25th June 2020 08:54 AM

Quote:

Update to V1.6.0:

That sounds interesting.
I assume you can tweak it if you don't like the automatic setting or still just set as you can now in 1.5.2 ?
I will not be able to try 1.6.0 until tomorrow so just wanted to ask.
Thanks very much

TBProAudio 25th June 2020 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beatworld (Post 14820435)
That sounds interesting.
I assume you can tweak it if you don't like the automatic setting or still just set as you can now in 1.5.2 ?
I will not be able to try 1.6.0 until tomorrow so just wanted to ask.
Thanks very much

Tweak of slope parameter is still possible, no change to 1.5.2.
With the button the optimal slope parameter is calculated just once ;)

dan98 25th June 2020 09:39 AM

Is there an option to adjust the width of the individual cuts? I'm finding the low frequency notches too wide.
In Soothe this is the global 'Sharpness' control.

Thanks

TBProAudio 25th June 2020 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan98 (Post 14820486)
Is there an option to adjust the width of the individual cuts? I'm finding the low frequency notches too wide.
In Soothe this is the global 'Sharpness' control.

Thanks

Yes, it is the control "Quality", next to OS.

dan98 25th June 2020 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBProAudio (Post 14820490)
Yes, it is the control "Quality", next to OS.

Thanks, probably time I read the manual !

From my side, a variable control would be nicer than the 5 options (but maybe I'm nit-picking now)

TBProAudio 25th June 2020 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan98 (Post 14820498)
From my side, a variable control would be nicer than the 5 options (but maybe I'm nit-picking now)

We would do but parameter "Quality" impacts plugin delay reported to DAW.
This message causes the DAW to reset it´s internal buffers which could cause audio drop outs. So we find a menu better than a knob ;)

no genre 25th June 2020 12:32 PM

Quote:

Update to V1.6.0:

Hope you like it ;)

Most impressive, young Skywalker!

Fidelis 25th June 2020 04:33 PM

Quote:

Update to V1.6.0:

Hope you like it ;)

The fast way this plugin is improving since it was released is just unbelievable. Amazing. That's a world record for sure. It should be in Guinness book. Thanks.

denork 26th June 2020 08:42 PM

Without a doubt for me this is the plugin of the year.

Normally I try many plugins, I even buy them, and many end up unused or with very little use and I still use my usual ones, but DSEQ is in every mix and master I make.

My 2019 plugin was CraveEQ

spectacular g 26th June 2020 08:44 PM

So much for the rest...

Stansom 26th June 2020 10:08 PM

Hello @ TBProAudio . Did you receive my e-mail about a bug if using the piano sound and custom threshold (hearable clicks/glitches)? If not I would repeat it here. That's a video showing the problem. Thank you for such brilliant work. :)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PZa...ew?usp=sharing

TBProAudio 27th June 2020 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stansom (Post 14823882)
Hello @ TBProAudio . Did you receive my e-mail about a bug if using the piano sound and custom threshold (hearable clicks/glitches)? If not I would repeat it here. That's a video showing the problem. Thank you for such brilliant work. :)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PZa...ew?usp=sharing

Thank you. As written in our e-mail we still waiting for a short wave file showing the effect ;)

Edit: As written in our email set GR strength to x0.5 and maybe don't push threshold too hard.

Stansom 27th June 2020 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBProAudio (Post 14824471)
Thank you. As written in our e-mail we still waiting for a short wave file showing the effect ;)

Edit: As written in our email set GR strength to x0.5 and maybe don't push threshold too hard.

Thanks! Oh, I didn't saw your email response, my apologies. I will send you the .wav by e-mail.

cooker 27th June 2020 10:55 AM

My mistake was also forgetting the importance of the gr. str. vs quality.

I imagine totally avoiding those sharp highs correction by default would need quite more cpu, likely multiband'ing DSEQ internally.

Maybe default zoom setting lessened (from -18 to something like -9) and/or making default gr. str. from 1 to 0.50 might be a better starting setup.

Also, is anyone using oversampling?? I didn't do listening tests (would like to hear comments) but since using the gr. str. I didn't feel the need of it.

b0se 27th June 2020 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBProAudio (Post 14819054)
We are working on this.

A link to the download in your update posts would be helpful too :¬)

TBProAudio 27th June 2020 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0se (Post 14824754)
A link to the download in your update posts would be helpful too :¬)

Yes, will consider this, thank you kfhkh