The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Massenburg MDWEQ v6 is out
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigenwert View Post
It's actually not about the question if someone believes you. The number one question is what you even are talking about.

No one can believe you - no matter what - as long as you don't even mention what you actually are talking about.
Explicitly detailed here, in this post. Don't be so lazy: Massenburg MDWEQ v6 is out

Quote:
Because - for obvious reasons - a near flat curve will always null anyway while the side effects of more extreme settings totally depend on what you are doing (extreme low cut vs. extreme high boost for example).
This is not at all necessarily true. It depends on the design of the filter. Hey, I've got a great idea! Why don't you try for yourself!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm on your ignore list as you said in the other thread, right?

1-2 mike check... Massenburg EQ is good... My ears hear a difference between an extreme high boost on Massenburg EQ vs stock Logic EQ.

*hoping that it worked*
Good for you! Yay! Are you brave enough to prove it to yourself?

https://lacinato.com/cm/software/othersoft/abx

mike drop...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoreflakes View Post
Explicitly detailed here, in this post. Don't be so lazy: Massenburg MDWEQ v6 is out
Are you saying that this test will give the same result, totally independent from the input Signal and EQ setting? Like layering 5 bands high shelve, boosting 100dB in total, on a Dirac Impulse? Just asking, because if not, it would mean that a basic part of the description is missing.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Good for you! Yay! Are you brave enough to prove it to yourself?

https://lacinato.com/cm/software/othersoft/abx

mike drop...
I was not really making any claims. I was checking your claim of ignoring my post. Simiar to checking if someone still has a reaction after blindfolding.

Massenburg MDWEQ v6 is out-tenor.gif
Attached Thumbnails
Massenburg MDWEQ v6 is out-tenor.gif  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Question for MDW owners... Is there a difference between the IsoPeak function and the ability to solo bands in other EQ plugins?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Here's how to test an EQ. Put it on some tracks and use it. Decide with your brain and gut.

Stop the slaughter! Set all frequencies free! Ban the cruel practice of null testing now!

Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangechild View Post
Ban the cruel practice of null testing now!
Annoying as those conversations can be, null tests do actually serve a purpose in many contexts. The problem here is that the guy is making a claim and then running for the hills when anyone asks him to post his settings. So there *IS* no null test. We're discussing a null test that doesn't exist. Man, that's the worst kind. A "null" null test.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I put one eq in the left speaker, one in the right speaker. Turned my right monitor upside down and they null perfectly. Here you have it. Science!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaugruen7 View Post
I put one eq in the left speaker, one in the right speaker. Turned my right monitor upside down and they null perfectly. Here you have it. Science!

Urkomisch
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
Annoying as those conversations can be, null tests do actually serve a purpose in many contexts. The problem here is that the guy is making a claim and then running for the hills when anyone asks him to post his settings. So there *IS* no null test. We're discussing a null test that doesn't exist. Man, that's the worst kind. A "null" null test.

It took you more than 45 seconds to send this disingenuous, witless post.

It takes 45 seconds to set up in your own controlled environment. But you won't.

Why?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

It takes 45 seconds to clarify what kind of curve and kind of signal you are talking about
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
Typically, when a claim is made, some degree of proof is provided. You're 100% against doing so (I'm guessing it's because you can't)
Quote:
the facts speak for themselves.
abx test uploaded here: https://glycogenic-smells.000webhostapp.com/
[edit this free web hosting service goes down every now and again as a limitation of it being free]

Same track (wavs not mp3) boosted by 8db at 500hz and 10db at 1khz, nulled using phase reverse to around -68db. Phase reverse was removed before bouncing.

You are only cheating yourself if you don’t do at least ten iterations of choosing X. A significant result would be >95% correct.

This took time; if you don’t understand, I have no interest in helping you and I am not going to wipe anybody’s arse any further in this asinine, circular argument.

Last edited by nomoreflakes; 1 week ago at 05:46 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clonewar View Post
Question for MDW owners... Is there a difference between the IsoPeak function and the ability to solo bands in other EQ plugins?
yes.

Digi EQ3 hold down Shift and Control. You have to change the q though.

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
yes.

Digi EQ3 hold down Shift and Control. You have to change the q though.

So basically IsoPeak is band solo with a narrow Q? That’s what I needed to know.

Thanks!
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict
started testing it out yesterday....ive used pro q2/3 for years...only for cutting...ive always not liked the sound for boosting...never liked it all that much for cutting resonances..just never liked the sound.....loved the gui.....now after using the mdweq6 for first time (never had eq5 either)..this is a sweet eq....love the sound very very much...empahsized very very much...seems to be more phase coherent...transients don't smear....tried it against a lot of the usual suspects....and I think its worth the price of admission......selling fabfilter...and any other "clean eq's I have..ive waited a long time to try and it doesn't disappoint...sold!!!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search