The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Enna and Telge Enhancer Bundle from London Acoustics - Official Acqua N4 plugin
Old 16th February 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
Interesting.
I think you could also roughly swap the Intensity and Mix safe degree angles and get good results for mastering.
This is the point! The user can do it in different ways and, obviously, with slightly different results.
And moreover, changing the focus, the other knobs range will change in a different ratio, this one is intended to be a rough guide of suggested/safe positions, but it's a very dynamic machine and it's difficult to give fixed references.
For these reasons the knob scales are made apparently so wide.
Old 17th February 2020
Gear Nut

Good One.
Old 24th February 2020
Here for the gear

I've tried this thing on one of my latest production and, man, it really works great! It brings life in the mix! 5 stars!
Old 26th February 2020
Here for the gear

Not sure anyone else is having this problem but the 'History' function on the Cubase 10 mixer doesn't acknowledge changes made in Enna or Brighton...quite frustrating when you wanna roll back on settings! Also would be great to be able to double click and set % setting on each process - it's good to know how much you're tickling Enna in @ low settings but values are not displayed within the plugin itself as far as I am aware!

Possible fix guys? Could be N4 related?

Aside from that another great plugin this
Old 26th February 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanxta View Post
Not sure anyone else is having this problem but the 'History' function on the Cubase 10 mixer doesn't acknowledge changes made in Enna or Brighton...quite frustrating when you wanna roll back on settings! Also would be great to be able to double click and set % setting on each process - it's good to know how much you're tickling Enna in @ low settings but values are not displayed within the plugin itself as far as I am aware!

Do you have the latest version of N4? Recall was fixed in the latest version
Old 26th February 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanxta View Post

Please make sure that your N4 or N4 Player is up to date.

And if you are using the VST standalone wrapper (installation choice from Aquarius) also see the first 3 check points in this post: http://www.londonacoustics.com/news/...dard-released/

Thanks
Old 26th February 2020
Here for the gear

Thanks London Acoustics & bodhifile , will update my n4 now
Old 4th March 2020
Gear Maniac

Enna and Telge Enhancer Bundle from London Acoustics - Official Acqua N4 plugin-enna-telge-end-offer-banner-02-1200.jpg

Hurry up, the introductory 30% OFF offer will end on the 6th of March!
Attached Thumbnails
Enna and Telge Enhancer Bundle from London Acoustics - Official Acqua N4 plugin-enna-telge-end-offer-banner-02-1200.jpg  
Old 4th March 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Albazy View Post
Don't want to be that guy as I like Brighton a lot. It's nice, but I'm getting a very similar result with Process Sugar, UAD Precision KHz and Contemporary Colors, to name a few.

I liked it the most on acoustic guitar, it was the fastest to get a good result.

Making things bright and excited never been a problem ITB (Usually I do fight brightness and edginess for complete ITB mix & master). Making things fat and big without the extra work that's usually needed compared to working with OTB tools (especially on the master bus) is the real problem.
I tried it and agree with you 100%.

I started doing the same thing with Celestial before I realized the existence of this plugin;

Exciting high-end is where ITB shines, but fat and enjoyable low-mid is where OTB shines IMO.

So it's still not the "ITB revitalizer" I am after (I tried a few saturators in the same parallel function, with more or less success).

In fact I did not expected the ITB Tube Revitalizer to be "that" band-passed. I was hoping for those high tube harmonics for sure, but also hoping for something interesting happenings in the lows / low-mid. Like what I would except when I run the Culture Vulture in parallel (as a send effect) on a mix : Exciting highs but rich and fat lower end of the spectrum and present midrange.

Although I can see how this could be useful to nail a mix ITB very quickly, just setting up on a send, and sending tracks to it to make them brighter. A good 80% of the mix could be done very quickly like this.

So very cool product, but not my cup of tea .

Old 4th March 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Don't want to be that guy as I like Brighton a lot. It's nice, but I'm getting a very similar result with Process Sugar, UAD Precision KHz and Contemporary Colors, to name a few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelieR View Post
Exciting high-end is where ITB shines, but fat and enjoyable low-mid is where OTB shines IMO.
It's not an exciter but an enhaner that is technically a different thing.
We created a mixture of 3 different hardware to give the easy (hopefully) way to the user to achieve a professional character in the mid band.
At this point, given that this is a multimedia forum made from musicians, it would be very interesting to hear different tracks made with the same aim, with the different plugins and let the people compare them.
Especially the "active logo" button stage would be interesting to compare with any other algo plugin.
Old 4th March 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Acoustics View Post
It's not an exciter but an enhaner that is technically a different thing.
We created a mixture of 3 different hardware to give the easy (hopefully) way to the user to achieve a professional character in the mid band.
At this point, given that this is a multimedia forum made from musicians, it would be very interesting to hear different tracks made with the same aim, with the different plugins and let the people compare them.
Especially the "active logo" button stage would be interesting to compare with any other algo plugin.
Oh yes sure that's what I thought, an enhancer, my bad if I wasn't clear.

To be honest, for now it is not my cup of tea, except for the "active logo" which I think is pretty amazing and unique in the plugin world.
Although it eats a bit too much of my CPU so I am not sure this is enough for me to buy it (but that just my own personal opinion and taste).
Old 4th March 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
In fact I did not expected the ITB Tube Revitalizer to be "that" band-passed. I was hoping for those high tube harmonics for sure, but also hoping for something interesting happenings in the lows / low-mid. Like what I would except when I run the Culture Vulture in parallel (as a send effect) on a mix : Exciting highs but rich and fat lower end of the spectrum and present midrange.
The plugins are made (is clearly stated on the manual and presentation) expecially for the ITB genereated synths kind of tracks.
Because we found that, instead, the soft synths lack that band to be convincing enough.
Telge is not a normal saturator like i.e. the Vulture.
We have another product in development that takes care of lows and highs.
The fact that a lot of people is usig Enna and Telge also for mixing and mastering has pleasantly surprised us because it could be a sign that is a overall good product.

Quote:
Although I can see how this could be useful to nail a mix ITB very quickly, just setting up on a send, and sending tracks to it to make them brighter.
The bright effect is only a part of the equation, and maybe you should use more conservatively the INTENSITY knob.
Old 4th March 2020
Lives for gear

I have to agree. I wish it worked more in the low mids. Also the worklflow is a bit clunky. I'll consider it again if LA issues a mastering version as they stated.

Quote:

I started doing the same thing with Celestial before I realized the existence of this plugin;

So it's still not the "ITB revitalizer" I am after (I tried a few saturators in the same parallel function, with more or less success).

Although I can see how this could be useful to nail a mix ITB very quickly, just setting up on a send, and sending tracks to it to make them brighter. A good 80% of the mix could be done very quickly like this.

So very cool product, but not my cup of tea .

Old 4th March 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
The plugins are made (is clearly stated on the manual and presentation) expecially for the ITB genereated synths kind of tracks.
Because we found that, instead, the soft synths lack that band to be convincing enough.
Telge is not a normal saturator like i.e. the Vulture.
We have another product in development that takes care of lows and highs.
The fact that a lot of people is usig Enna and Telge also for mixing and mastering has pleasantly surprised us because it could be a sign that is a overall good product.

The bright effect is only a part of the equation, and maybe you should use more conservatively the INTENSITY knob.
Ho don't get me wrong it is a very good product for sure !

Makes sense that it is tailored for ITB synths now that your remind me this.

Ho yes don't worry I know it's not a normal saturator ala Vulture. But it's that I use the CV this way very often when mixing on the desk.

Will be curious to hear your next product then .
Old 4th March 2020
Lives for gear

Oooooo, next project/product?!?! Even more suitable low end?? Lovely.

Well, combined with my mastering setup Telge brings life to the midrange in a way I can't achieve with any other tool, so thanks for that.

Enna is also very cool for sure.

Can you give us an idea of when we can expect this next 'thing' to arrive 'through our DAWs'??
Old 4th March 2020
Somehow I've missed this product release and am now catching up.

Those who have compared this saturation to HG-2 or VSM-3, how does it fair?
Old 4th March 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4nger View Post
Can you give us an idea of when we can expect this next 'thing' to arrive 'through our DAWs'??
Too early to have a scheduling.
Of course as soon we can, with a proper quality standard
Old 4th March 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpanderson80 View Post
Somehow I've missed this product release and am now catching up.

Those who have compared this saturation to HG-2 or VSM-3, how does it fair?
There is a trial fully functional, already in Aquarius, please feel free to install it and test on your production.
Thanks.
Old 4th March 2020
Gear Nut

Still loving this plugin over here. I initially thought that because Telge has to be used on a send that I would gravitate towards using Enne mostly, but it's actually been the other way around--because Enna is so super sensitive to gain-staging and doesn't have an input trim, I just have Telge on a send in my template and send the synth or combined synth/guitar bus there, sounds amazing. It really just brings things to life in a way that makes the mix go so much faster.

But yes, this is exclusively for higher mids and highs--very curious about the next product in development!

EDIT: To me it's quite different compared to the PA HG-2 and VSM-3--especially with VSM-3 (or Acustica Crimson) you can get close in the high mid range, but it's still a different animal. Best to demo and see how it reacts to whatever kind of material you're working on though--for me, I tend to not use VSM-3 much, and HG-2 gets brought out mostly to toughen up kick drums or maybe 808s on really aggressive stuff. For me, closest to Enna and Telge is the always amazing Spectre from Wavesfactory, used aggressively and in parallel--but still not exactly the same sound. I love love love Spectre but still find Telge to be the best solution for a quick send from the music bus. YMMV!
Old 4th March 2020
Lives for gear

@ London Acoustics

I have an issue with all AA plugins including the Brighton .. I do have a high-end PC and I can run a few AA plugins very easy. But my issue is when the Autosave engages or I click the CTRL+S while the audio is running I get a lot of audio glitches. I'm already running my system and plugins on a M.2 Samsung driver (forgot the model name but it's the highest performance). Why does such a thing happen? is because the IR files are large or something? can there be any solution to this?

I already asked AA support and they said to stop the audio then save lol .. but this can't be the case for the Autosave function.
Old 4th March 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
@ London Acoustics

I have an issue with all AA plugins including the Brighton ..
Please open a ticket on your AA personal board and provide all the required info: https://acusticaudio.freshdesk.com/support/home

Thanks.
Old 4th March 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
@ London Acoustics

I have an issue with all AA plugins including the Brighton .. I do have a high-end PC and I can run a few AA plugins very easy. But my issue is when the Autosave engages or I click the CTRL+S while the audio is running I get a lot of audio glitches. I'm already running my system and plugins on a M.2 Samsung driver (forgot the model name but it's the highest performance). Why does such a thing happen? is because the IR files are large or something? can there be any solution to this?

I already asked AA support and they said to stop the audio then save lol .. but this can't be the case for the Autosave function.
Just stop the music before hitting save.
Computers are not magic.
Old 4th March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Please open a ticket on your AA personal board and provide all the required info: https://acusticaudio.freshdesk.com/support/home

Thanks.
I already did a month ago. They told me to stop the audio then save, but I told them this can't be a solution for the Autosave as it happens automatically every now and then.

Do you have access to this support portal or what?
Old 5th March 2020
Lives for gear

Telge sounds like a sansamp to me. Anyone else?
Old 5th March 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod Slaughter View Post
Telge sounds like a sansamp to me. Anyone else?
Nope
Old 5th March 2020
Gear Nut
Quote:
@ London Acoustics

There might be an option in your DAW for this. In REAPER, for example, you can set it to autosave 'when not recording', 'when stopped' or 'any time'.
Old 6th March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafishy View Post
There might be an option in your DAW for this. In REAPER, for example, you can set it to autosave 'when not recording', 'when stopped' or 'any time'.
That's a very nice feature .. Seems like S1 Pro don't have it.
Old 7th March 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbeats View Post
Still loving this plugin over here. I initially thought that because Telge has to be used on a send that I would gravitate towards using Enne mostly, but it's actually been the other way around--because Enna is so super sensitive to gain-staging and doesn't have an input trim, I just have Telge on a send in my template and send the synth or combined synth/guitar bus there, sounds amazing. It really just brings things to life in a way that makes the mix go so much faster.

But yes, this is exclusively for higher mids and highs--very curious about the next product in development!

EDIT: To me it's quite different compared to the PA HG-2 and VSM-3--especially with VSM-3 (or Acustica Crimson) you can get close in the high mid range, but it's still a different animal. Best to demo and see how it reacts to whatever kind of material you're working on though--for me, I tend to not use VSM-3 much, and HG-2 gets brought out mostly to toughen up kick drums or maybe 808s on really aggressive stuff. For me, closest to Enna and Telge is the always amazing Spectre from Wavesfactory, used aggressively and in parallel--but still not exactly the same sound. I love love love Spectre but still find Telge to be the best solution for a quick send from the music bus. YMMV!
Agreed, made the purchase. Used Telge on a mix from scratch, and it just gives that subtle intangible excitement that made the mix go quicker. I too tried to replicate with Spectre etc, and just couldn't quite get a similar enough result. I think it can take a little time with this one to get the best out of it.
Old 17th March 2020
Gear Nut

I'm not sure if TELGE is working properly here. For the plugin to receive around -18 signal (IN meter) I have to crank up the SEND in Pro Tools to +12db or more no matter what instrument. OUTPUT works fine...
Attached Thumbnails
Enna and Telge Enhancer Bundle from London Acoustics - Official Acqua N4 plugin-screen-shot-2020-03-17-11.47.48.jpg  
Old 17th March 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mubemol View Post
I'm not sure if TELGE is working properly here. For the plugin to receive around -18 signal (IN meter) I have to crank up the SEND in Pro Tools to +12db or more no matter what instrument. OUTPUT works fine...
Uh, quite strange indeed.
This was never reported to us before.

PC? MAC?
System (OS, RAM, CPU)?
PT version?
N4 or N4 Player?
Everything can help us to better understand the situation, please.

Write PM to info (a t) londonacoustics [do t] com
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search