The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
United plugins presents Verbum - Entropic Hall
Old 28th January 2020
Gear Head

United plugins presents Verbum - Entropic Hall

United Plugins brand SounDevice Digital presents its brand new plugin.

Verbum Entropic Hall

https://unitedplugins.com/VerbumEntropicHall/

Unique Sound
Verbum vintage style core is based on long term exploration of SounDevice studio's vintage hardware collection with desire to combine the best from both analogue and digital worlds.
Give Your Tracks Space
This universal reverb can be very clean and vintage lush but always gives a user hardware feel. Vocals, acoustic instruments or drums. All these (and many more - depending on your creativity) can benefit from Verbum's warm advanced algorithm.
Analogue Heart
Verbum is not a saturation plugin but the feel of analogue saturation is strongly present. It's not just the graphics. Also, the unique analogue colour gives this reverb the feel. The Colour control is in charge of that.
Chaotic Reflections
Advanced late reflections treatment algorithm ensures that your tracks will never sound sterile, artificial and boring. Chaotic reflections bring life to your tracks.
Oldschool Digital
To get the authentic feel of the vintage reverb machines, Verbum is equipped with 12 BIT button. which triggers simulation of old AD/DA converters giving your sound pleasant and interesting grain.
Lush
Although Verbum destroys the sound the analogue way you may polish the sound with Lush parameter. This special late reflections modulation softens and smoothes the reverb sound.
Make It Legendary
Legendarism control brings up a special simulation process that enriches the sound with the colour and saturation of legendary reverbs.
Hassle-Free Software Protection
No iLok, no dongle nor internet access is required for activation. Our software uses licence files to activate your software. You can freely use the purchased software on all your computers as long as you are the user.
Realistic 3D Yet Flexible GUI
Photorealistic graphic user interface of the plugin gives you the feeling you are touching the real hardware. But it easily adapts to your needs. You can always drag the arrow in the bottom right corner to change its size - make it smaller to save the valuable screen space, or enlarge it to make it easier to use.
15-Days Unlimited Trial Version for Free
All the descriptions are nothing comparing to putting hands on the plugin yourself. No saving limits. No noises. No boundaries. Engage the plugin in your project for real and fully exploit its powers for two weeks.
Smart Bypass
The intelligent way our plugins manage bypassing ensures that you don't get any click or harmful noises when automating the parameter.
Windows (8 and higher) and macOS (10.10 and higher). The price is set to €119 ($132).
The intro price(€69/$77) is available through February 11.
As always you can get your 15-days fully working trial version.

https://unitedplugins.com/VerbumEntropicHall/
Old 28th January 2020
Lives for gear

Hello here is Carloff, the designer of the plugin. Hope you will like it, really looking forward to your reactions and feedback. But now tired as a hell will go to bed and will be here in the morning :D Anyway - ENJOY ....
Old 28th January 2020
Lives for gear

Had anybody tried this? Can't demo until tomorrow
Old 28th January 2020
Lives for gear

Congrats. Look forward to demoing.
Old 28th January 2020
Gear Addict

This looks sweet, I’ll definitely demo. Congratulations on the release!
Old 28th January 2020
Gear Addict

This one sounds very good! And easy to dail it, just what I like about reverbs. Drop it on the track and instantly get reverb I want.
Lush thing is awesome.
Overall sound is smooth and gives ood sence of dimension.
Old 28th January 2020
Lives for gear

Back in life! Thanks to all who tried it till now or even bought it. So just a couple of insider insights instead of just normal marketing talk. I know the plugin reverb market is quite oversaturated, but I'm in the studio simply reverb guy. I have in studio HW machines from M7 to TC to Lex to Eventide my highly loved EMT 251 to Ursa to AKG spring...simply quite a lot of ..and I use them in the mixies everyday---- also, I can say from plugin reverb world I have almost everything what is interesting. So I tried to make something which the best I like about every machine I own. There is special multiplied parallel chaotic reflection algo, huge possibility of modulation ( you can make crazy things as you can hear on FX os Synth preset parts), you can hear the emulated grain of old analogue/digital converter (and switch it off if you don't like it), it has modelled analogue saturation, but also capable to be very clean and precise in dimension as I would expect from modern high-end reverb. And above all - kind of HW feeling when you use it...I'm quite pride about the plug.
It took a lot of time, but it is from the real studio for real studios

Last edited by carloff; 28th January 2020 at 11:48 AM..
Old 28th January 2020
Gear Nut

Big smile - this sounds warm, lush, dense, rich and with a well organized interface. Sounds expensive too. Well done!
Old 28th January 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnew View Post
Big smile - this sounds warm, lush, dense, rich and with a well organized interface. Sounds expensive too. Well done!
Thanks a lot!
Old 28th January 2020
Here for the gear

Verbum - First Review

Check out the first review of Verbum here:

https://youtu.be/uM_71lCYMAw
Old 28th January 2020
Gee
Lives for gear

Just running it on a mix. Hats off. Didn’t think I needed another verb.

Is there a way to see the actual settings in the knobs? I’m all for using your ears but sometimes I like knowing what’s up
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee View Post

Is there a way to see the actual settings in the knobs? I’m all for using your ears but sometimes I like knowing what’s up
In Studio One it show up to the left in the DAW
Lives for gear

Smile

Quote:

Thanks a lot : feedback now is - that Verbum is one of the most “hardwerish” sounding plugin reverbs on the market. It is quite nice to hear it after all the work. And yes just double click to knob and you see and write value and even you have inside for some controls built delay calculator working for tempo of your project

Last edited by carloff; 28th January 2020 at 11:45 PM..
Gee
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by carloff View Post
Thanks a lot : feedback is now - that Verbum is one of the most “hardwerish” sounding plugin reverbs on the market. It is quite nice to hear it after all the work. And yes just double click to knob and you see and write value and even you have inside for some controls built delay calculator working for tempo of your project
Thank you sir! Not sure why I didn’t try that (tried everything else though)

Having fun with the new toy though!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thank you sir! Not sure why I didn’t try that (tried everything else though)

Having fun with the new toy though!
Very nice to hear it! Made from heart and joy !
Old 29th January 2020
Lives for gear

So I replaced vss3 and denise perfect room with this and it sounded much clearer and fit the track better. This is delicately a great reverb.

For the intro price it seems like a great purchase. Before I buy I need to try it on many other material. But so far it is the much clearer then the other two. I'll have to try it against fabfilter and comet which is my secret weapon reverb.
Old 29th January 2020
Lives for gear

Thanks a lot! Yes the algo is something new and unique I believe. It has a kind of front / rear dimension I like for example from M7. But it is not clone nor copy ...
Old 29th January 2020
Lives for gear

Sounds nice on vocals and guitar, big and dense judging by audio example on youtube video, but didnt like it on drums at all. Overall, looks like another must buy!
Old 29th January 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulderFBI View Post
Sounds nice on vocals and guitar, big and dense judging by audio example on youtube video, but didnt like it on drums at all. Overall, looks like another must buy!
Try it by yourself, just another user wrote to me, it becomes his reverb to go for the drum kit. Be careful with parameters DAMP and LUSH on drums to not have kind of weird modulation on cymbals. Default DAMP is 20kHz for drums- that should work. Lush try to not overdo. Also with LR predelay is needed to be careful for percussive sounds.

Last edited by carloff; 29th January 2020 at 01:45 PM..
Old 29th January 2020
Lives for gear

Doesnt work at all on drums or percussion and i find it to be a bit of a one trick pony.its very reminiscent of some of the verbs i have gotten out of MTurboverb for the brief time i demoed it
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idontcare View Post
Doesnt work at all on drums or percussion and i find it to be a bit of a one trick pony.its very reminiscent of some of the verbs i have gotten out of MTurboverb for the brief time i demoed it
it would be very strange as it has quite different philosophy how the reverb is made... but all is poss of course
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by carloff View Post
it would be very strange as it has quite different philosophy how the reverb is made... but all is poss of course
I wasnt implying it was based on the same tech(though its possible given you use Meldas framework)i just meant i remember coaxing similar ambiences out of it.the correlation is probably coincidence if anything
Old 29th January 2020
Lives for gear

Yes it is possible you made something simillar- I can make very similar things on my Bricasti here as some spaces are sounding on my tc4000. But the ER in Verbum is much more inspired by the M7 , than any sw algo reverb I know- plus with add of very chaotic reflection behaiviour. The reflection will be always a bit different every moment you press play. I love randomness. But I believe you you could make something similar with some reverb - on the end both are just reverbs :D
Old 29th January 2020
Lives for gear
That ambient preset on drums in the demo is very nice - bloom and space without the canned sense of fake room you often get.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsyourself View Post
That ambient preset on drums in the demo is very nice - bloom and space without the canned sense of fake room you often get.
Thanks!
Old 29th January 2020
Gear Addict

Somebody please tell me that this is absolutely terrible for dub and dub techno.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by abluesky View Post
Somebody please tell me that this is absolutely terrible for dub and dub techno.
This is absolutely terrible to miss for dub and dub techno
Old 30th January 2020
Lives for gear

The more I use this the more I hate it
Old 30th January 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
So I replaced vss3 and denise perfect room with this and it sounded much clearer and fit the track better. This is delicately a great reverb.

For the intro price it seems like a great purchase. Before I buy I need to try it on many other material. But so far it is the much clearer then the other two. I'll have to try it against fabfilter and comet which is my secret weapon reverb.
Don’t do me like this. Perfect Room is so good but now I have to demo this..
Old 30th January 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateHawkins View Post
Don’t do me like this. Perfect Room is so good but now I have to demo this..
I hate this plugin now, because it made go through many many old projects and replace the reverb with this..... damn I hate that this is that good. I actually hate it because of that.
📝 Reply