The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Silo SoundLabs Releases Trident Audio Plug-ins
Old 18th January 2020
News Desk Editor

Silo SoundLabs Releases Trident Audio Plug-ins-1.jpg

SiloDNA* modeling is extremely low latency, low CPU overhead

ANAHEIM, Calif., January 10, 2020 /PRNewswire/ – Silo SoundLabs LLC today announces the release of their first two audio plug-in products, the Trident 80B 500 Series EQ and the Trident CB9066 EQ, debuting January 16th at the NAMM 2020 Expo in Anaheim. Demos are available at the Trident Audio Developments/Silo SoundLabs Booth #15518. Both Trident EQ products utilize SiloDNA, a proprietary, patent pending modeling technology that offers extremely low CPU overhead and low latency – a true game changer for music production professionals and enthusiasts.

These Trident EQs, the first in the Vintage Series of audio plug-ins from Silo SoundLabs, capture the warmth, the punch, and the unmatchable presence of the classic analog gear, accurately recreated in the digital domain. The iconic Trident brand and its classic devices form the unshakeable foundation of recorded music.

SiloDNA proprietary DSP modeling methodology is the core technology upon which Silo SoundLabs software plug-ins are built, with low latency and extremely low CPU overhead. “Many plug-ins on the market today are incredibly demanding in terms of the system resources they require; users are often forced to purchase proprietary hardware solutions in order to host them. SiloDNA changes the status quo; our plug-ins run with ultra-low system overhead while offering unmatched sonic performance,” stated Matt Phillips, CTO and Chief DSP Architect. JD Mars, CEO of Silo SoundLabs LLC, added, “The days of freezing tracks to regain CPU power are over. Welcome to the new plug-in paradigm.”

The Trident EQ plug-ins are now available for purchase and download from the Silo SoundLabs website, www.silosoundlabs.com, with the Trident 80B EQ at $89 and the Trident CB9066 EQ at $149, USD. Products are also available for a two-week trial period. Check the Silo website for product updates and alternative purchase options.

Silo SoundLabs LLC is a rising star in DSP software solutions, dedicated to bringing quality products to market for the professional and prosumer audio and musical instruments industries. Decades of combined experience and a passion for the art and science of audio and music production has driven the development of a new digital signal processing technology with an efficiency never before measured or experienced.

More information can be found at www.silosoundlabs.com

Silo Trident 80B 500 Series EQ product page: https://silosoundlabs.com/trident-80b-500-series-eq/
Silo Trident CB9066 EQ product page: https://silosoundlabs.com/trident-cb9066-eq/
Attached Thumbnails
Silo SoundLabs Releases Trident Audio Plug-ins-1.jpg   Silo SoundLabs Releases Trident Audio Plug-ins-80b.png  
Old 18th January 2020
Gear Head

Another game changer
They might consider changing the GUI first tho.
- the background has different kinds of highlights/shadows yet all the knobs are equally lit
- despite all panel elements receiving some sort of light, none are casting shadows
- the push buttons are just a solid blob of color when turned on
- the highlight on the buttons is on the top left, the knobs however have it on the bottom right
Old 18th January 2020
Lives for gear

Interesting... I've wanted a strong 80b emulation for a long time now. Excellent rock EQ! However, I don't see any "drive" control... Hmmm. Will try the demo.

Curious if an A Range might happen too...
Old 19th January 2020
Lives for gear

Looks cool, will demo asap
Old 19th January 2020
Lives for gear

Looking forward to comparing this 80B emulation with that from Analog Obession!
Old 19th January 2020
Gear Head

Looks interesting. When will they be released?
Old 20th January 2020
Lives for gear

No A range?
Old 20th January 2020
Gear Guru
Interesting since the Softube is the only Trident branded eq I know of and is never really on sale. Honestly my best eq's Gold Diamond Electra Clariphonic are cpu hogs FWIW. Be great to have something on that level......My favorite low cpu is Hornet SW34....
Old 23rd January 2020
News Desk Editor

Old 23rd January 2020
Lives for gear

I got a feeling these plugins will sound great. Can ´t wait to check the demo...
Old 23rd January 2020
Here for the gear

That UI is looking toy'ish/2D, they definitely need to work on that.
Old 23rd January 2020
Lives for gear

On the page I don't see any way to download the trial versions.
Old 23rd January 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by denork View Post
Been wondering about this too!
Old 23rd January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by denork View Post
Cause it ´s not released yet I think
Old 30th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by filterfreak View Post
But the title of the thread is:

"Silo SoundLabs Releases Trident Audio Plug-ins"
Old 31st January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Neve Slut View Post
No A range?
You should audition Arturia's A-Range plug that comes with the "3 Compressors you will actually use" package.

Its hard to resist wanting to use it on everything. Lots of fun to be had and yes you can mash the buttons together with the low and high pass bands like the real one.

Pat
Old 6th February 2020
Here for the gear

Hi, i`m already testing Trident CB9066 EQ from Silo Soundlabs. Demo downloads are already available.
Old 6th February 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by filterfreak View Post
demo downloads are available, and i`m thinking that this plugin has something to say...
Old 6th February 2020
Lives for gear
Watching closely
Old 6th February 2020
Lives for gear

Mac only
Old 7th February 2020
Lives for gear

I have the feeling that they are not giving the project much importance, they announce that it is published and it is not, now they only launch the demo for Mac and nothing is known about the Windows version ... a little disaster management.
Old 7th February 2020
Lives for gear

The sound is not there. Pass.
Old 9th February 2020
Lives for gear

New trident plugins now shipping

The new plugins from Silo Labs are now shipping. The Series 80B EQ, and the the classic CB-9066 are now available for trial and or purchase....

Mac versions of Trident 80B and Trident CB9066 EQ plug-ins are now available!
Download the software (www.silosoundlabs.com) and purchase a license key or activate a 14-day trial using iLok License Manager (iLok.com). #musicproducer #audioengineer

We will be offering them on the Trident Audio Developments web site shortly. They will also be available through many dealer web sites soon...
Attached Thumbnails
Silo SoundLabs Releases Trident Audio Plug-ins-trident_80b_standalone.jpg   Silo SoundLabs Releases Trident Audio Plug-ins-trident_cb9066_standalone.jpg  
Attached Files
Old 9th February 2020
Lives for gear

Windows installers are still unavailable
Old 10th February 2020
Here for the gear

We had anticipated release by The NAMM Show, and have been working tirelessly to produce a rock-solid plug-in, low latency, low CPU overhead. The Mac versions are now available for download, and can be activated for a 14-day trial or with a purchased license (iLok License Manager required for both). PC versions should be out this week.
Old 11th February 2020
Gear Addict

This is the strangest release i have seen in ages :D

Ugliest GUI for a plugin, not only at this price point, but ever.
2 gearslutz profiles registered just to praise the plugins in this thread.
Boasting about modelling accuracy and sharing a post in their blog called "Why I Don’t Care About Accurate Analog Modeling"

I'm genuinely interested now how this sounds.

But honestly. PLEASE hire a graphic designer.
Old 11th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
This is the strangest release i have seen in ages :D

Ugliest GUI for a plugin, not only at this price point, but ever.
2 gearslutz profiles registered just to praise the plugins in this thread.
Boasting about modelling accuracy and sharing a post in their blog called "Why I Don’t Care About Accurate Analog Modeling"

I'm genuinely interested now how this sounds.

But honestly. PLEASE hire a graphic designer.
Also, the website is a mess ..

1) There are no audio demos
2) On the product page, the download option is not available

3) To download, you have to go to Products, then there you find the installers, so, it is wrong that it is called Products, it should be called "Downloads".

Please take it as a constructive criticism, the goal is to help you, not to hurt.
Old 11th February 2020
Here for the gear

We appreciate the feedback. We're a small company at the moment, and our focus has been delivering a rock solid product. If you're inclined to download and try them, other than the sonic quality, check the CPU usage when running a few instances - it's negligible.

Sorry the website is confusing. When we add product categories to the product menu, it should make more sense. Regarding the comment about the two participants who just joined this month and like the plug-ins - while that does look suspicious, I promise that we don't know who those people are. I'm certainly glad they like the plug-ins, though!
Old 11th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silo_SoundLabs View Post
We appreciate the feedback. We're a small company at the moment, and our focus has been delivering a rock solid product. If you're inclined to download and try them, other than the sonic quality, check the CPU usage when running a few instances - it's negligible.

Sorry the website is confusing. When we add product categories to the product menu, it should make more sense. Regarding the comment about the two participants who just joined this month and like the plug-ins - while that does look suspicious, I promise that we don't know who those people are. I'm certainly glad they like the plug-ins, though!
Regarding the new users, I'm glad you have stepped in. I believe you.

Now, please hire a Graphic Designer. The plugins looks horrendous. I know it shouldn't matter, but one would not buy a meal if it looks like baby vomit, doesn't matter how taste it is.
Old 11th February 2020
Lives for gear

We partnered up with Silo because they are really good guys, and the fact that the CPU usage is negligible when using a lot of them is a huge plus. They are a new company, and they will get their act together...please have some patience, and I know they appreciate the comments from you.

Like anything else, there will always be some bad comments, but these are in the hands of people like Vance Powell, Joe Chiccarelli, Jamie Tate, Ryan Hewitt, Dave Kalmusky, Steve Lamm, and several more high end Nashville hitmakers. They seem to be loving them.

The CB-9066 is killer for guitars and drums. You get a free trial, if they work for you, please buy and support Silo. If you don't like them, you got a free trial, so nothing lost. The prices are good and the products are great. Some may or may not like the GUI, that can always be changed, and if it is, I am sure Silo will update you for free.

There are a lot of artists right now doing custom settings. So soon, you will get settings from Joe Chiccarelli and many others that will also be a free upgrade. Silo will be releasing several emulations of our product from Valley People, Tonelux, more Trident, Joemeek, and some Studio Projects.

So hang in there, good things are coming....
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search