The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ANTELOPE Galaxy 64 - New 64ch Intarface (Madi,Thunderbiolt,Dante,Digilink!)
Old 18th January 2020
Lives for gear

ANTELOPE Galaxy 64 - New 64ch Intarface (Madi,Thunderbolt,Dante,Digilink!)

Antelope Audio’s first Dante interface is also the world’s first 64-channel AD/DA converter. Featuring all industry-standard analog and digital connections in 2U of rack space, including, 64 channels of analog I/O, Thunderbolt 3, Dante, AES/EBU, HDX and MADI, Galaxy 64 is equipped to handle all audio going in and out of your production facility or live event.

https://en.antelopeaudio.com/products/galaxy-64/
Attached Thumbnails
ANTELOPE Galaxy 64 - New 64ch Intarface (Madi,Thunderbiolt,Dante,Digilink!)-layer-2.jpg  

Last edited by andredb; 26th January 2020 at 04:49 PM..
Old 18th January 2020
Lives for gear

Wow!
Old 18th January 2020
Price??????
Old 18th January 2020
Lives for gear

Stable drivers and hardware?
Old 18th January 2020
I’m sure it will sound great and the software and drivers won’t be ready for prime time. I love the way the Antelope stuff sounds but it’s extremely frustrating to use because of consistent software issues.
Old 18th January 2020
Lives for gear

I think I’ll wait a couple of months for MKII...
Old 18th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Artsy Moods View Post
Price??????
In another thread someone mentioned $8-9k.
Old 19th January 2020
Here for the gear

I definitely love Antelope stuff - their converters are just nice.
Unlucky, as long as they will continue offering no stable drivers & ****ty support, their machines will continue to be not just right for a professional scenario. Less machines & more efficiency please
Old 19th January 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanda View Post
I definitely love Antelope stuff - their converters are just nice.
Unlucky, as long as they will continue offering no stable drivers & ****ty support, their machines will continue to be not just right for a professional scenario. Less machines & more efficiency please
Agree seriously!!!
Old 19th January 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by octatonic View Post
This is antelope we're talking about
Old 19th January 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by octatonic View Post

Old 19th January 2020
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
I think I’ll wait a couple of months for MKII...
Yep, smart for buying the Antelope devices,
Old 19th January 2020
I bought Discrete 4 as brand new device, after 6 months it was obsolote and Synergy Discrete comes. My brand new device stays unsupported with no new emulations, no AFX2DAW for windows, etc., etc.
Old 19th January 2020
Yeah Antelope really bums me out. Some of the best interfaces available at their price point , truly 1st rate but awful software and drivers, not great customer service and the added habit of trying to make your gear obsolete within the calendar year.
Old 19th January 2020
Gear Head
Maybe activate the functions of all digilink port need to purchase separately as one paid option. LOL
Old 20th January 2020
Lives for gear

This could be the replacement for my 64ch system that goes to the console.
2 avid Hd io
1 lynx autora (old model)
1 avid 192

Plus, if the DA is good enough could also replace my Prism Lyra 2 that I use just for DA.
Old 20th January 2020
Will be discontinued by Q3. Skip.
Old 20th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanvoth View Post
Will be discontinued by Q3. Skip.
Their list of 'Legacy' devices is kind of long...
Attached Thumbnails
ANTELOPE Galaxy 64 - New 64ch Intarface (Madi,Thunderbiolt,Dante,Digilink!)-screenshot-2020-01-20-17.09.14.jpg  
Old 20th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by blayz2002 View Post
Their list of 'Legacy' devices is kind of long...
Sadly I have owned two of these and the last one was discontinued after less than two years (ZS+). Never again.
Old 20th January 2020
Here for the gear

It would be smarter it they change all interface to dante......no more driver issues.....
Old 20th January 2020
Gear Nut

This will become a legacy device in 6-9 months.
Old 20th January 2020
Gear Maniac
Was about to grab a Goliath HD for HDX. Don’t think the Goliath HD could use the synergy plugins like Auto-Tune.

Does the Galaxy 64 work with Synergy plugins, like Auto-Tune and others?
Old 21st January 2020
Lives for gear

They really just need to cut to the chase:

Ladies and gentlemen, Antelope Audio proudly presents the new “Legacy 64” audio interface*. Our most advanced interface to date. Available Q1 2020.

(*This interface is no longer supported).
Old 21st January 2020
Lives for gear
At the rate Antelope change their interface line and the number of complaints about driver / firmware issues, customer support and being dropped by some retailers, it's going to take a lot for them to win the trust of customers and prospective customers. I just hope their recent interfaces are stable and customer support is better.

The Galaxy looks an absolute beast and no doubt the price will reflect that.
Old 21st January 2020
On their new Zen Tour Synergy Core, they sate "Rock-solid drivers and 20-hour customer support (phone, chat, ticket system) will ensure you get consistent, smooth performance out of the interface in all conditions".

Last edited by blayz2002; 21st January 2020 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 21st January 2020
Lives for gear

If this is in my price range, this looks ideal for my wants. Looking forward to hearing more.
Old 21st January 2020
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
They really just need to cut to the chase:

Ladies and gentlemen, Antelope Audio proudly presents the new “Legacy 64” audio interface*. Our most advanced interface to date. Available Q1 2020.

(*This interface is no longer supported).
…It is really so incredible how so fast "times" change…..

"wtb" obsolete Goliath for few bucks …

cheers
Old 21st January 2020
Lives for gear

lol
Old 21st January 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelis View Post
This could be the replacement for my 64ch system that goes to the console.
2 avid Hd io
1 lynx autora (old model)
1 avid 192

Plus, if the DA is good enough could also replace my Prism Lyra 2 that I use just for DA.
I wouldn't get my hopes up. At least if the HDgen3 is anything to go by. I testet the HDgen3 against SPL Madison, HD I/o and Merging.

HDgen3 came last.

2 other things:

- The latency compensation does not work as it should with pro tools.
- The software is so buggy, crazy. I experienced stuff that just insane..

Edit. I had the first gen Orion32 for years. Pretty stable once they got the drivers sorted, but it sounded awful. Honestly. Not worth making hardware inserts with. Now I own Merging stuff. Expensive, but very nice and true sound.
Old 22nd January 2020
Company Rep

Hi,

We will reveal further information about the Galaxy pretty soon, you can subscribe for our newsletter here - https://en.antelopeaudio.com/products/galaxy-64/

I want to address here the comments about our devices which are listed on the legacy page. Legacy devices still receive driver support, as well as any needed software updates, listing the devices in legacy, simply means that we do not manufacture them anymore. Let's take the silver Orion Studio for example - we updated everything needed for MAC OS Catalina compatibility even though it has been listed as a legacy device for some time now. So if any bugs come up with your supported legacy device - we fix them. The only thing that you won't receive with your legacy device is often new effects, which is not always the case, we have added effects previously even to such devices, if they have the power to run the new effects.

What driver issues are you experiencing? I would kindly ask you to contact me, so I could help you right away with any issues that you're encountering or any questions that you might have.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search