IK Multimedia T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb recreates iconic studio's spaces - Page 28 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
IK Multimedia T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb recreates iconic studio's spaces
Old 24th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
maybe it's something with the *.plist etc in the preferences that you have to wipe first, but you should contact support or Peter/IK here
Old 24th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonStrom View Post
maybe it's something with the *.plist etc in the preferences that you have to wipe first, but you should contact support or Peter/IK here
Already have.
Old 25th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Up and running. Wow, this is pretty special. Awesome. Going to be very useful.

If anything as a suggestion the dry and wet faders could do with locks that keep them in the same place when going through presets.

But wow what a tool.
Old 26th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Please stop making me want this....you were right about the Townhouse lol...’
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
Please stop making me want this....you were right about the Townhouse lol...’
...about Townhouse beeing a great comp??
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by filterfreak View Post
...about Townhouse beeing a great comp??
Yep! To my ears has that sound and when it works, it really works.... Have MJUC, El Rey, UBK-1 etc. And well worth it
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
Up and running. Wow, this is pretty special. Awesome. Going to be very useful.

If anything as a suggestion the dry and wet faders could do with locks that keep them in the same place when going through presets.

But wow what a tool.
Yeah, good idea with those faders.
These days, Sunset is pretty much the only verb I use. On the last couple mixes I put everything in the same live room and had the return pretty high, something I could never do before no matter the plugin. And those plates and chambers really kick butt.
Old 29th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
@IKMM: perhaps next would be the great Galaxy Studios in Belgium? Would love that.
Old 29th November 2020
Gear Nut

next IK should go big time and model Abbey Road rooms, all of them.

but first they need to jump over Waves head. and that requires cojones.

big cojones.
Old 29th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Hansa please . . . MEISTERSAAL!!!
Old 30th November 2020
Lives for gear

Should I pull the trigger on this?

I'd be buying it only for plates/spring, how does it compare to UAD 140/bx20 ?

Help please, I'm really hesitant.
Old 2nd December 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybille View Post
Should I pull the trigger on this?

I'd be buying it only for plates/spring, how does it compare to UAD 140/bx20 ?

Help please, I'm really hesitant.
Why don't you demo? I'm pretty sure you'll end up loving it for more than the plates and spring.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchlomo View Post
Why don't you demo? I'm pretty sure you'll end up loving it for more than the plates and spring.
I can’t unfortunately, I’m on the process of switching computers and I have access to none right now but by the time I do, black friday and christmas holidays will be over, that’s why I asked.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybille View Post
I can’t unfortunately, I’m on the process of switching computers and I have access to none right now but by the time I do, black friday and christmas holidays will be over, that’s why I asked.
To be fair the plate and spring are not the best plate and spring plugins out there but they are good. SSSR really shines for the "authentic" room sounds imo. If you want the package as a whole it is a great deal. If you just want spring and plate I guess it is still a good deal as I have paid more for a single plate plugin or for a single spring plugin. But there are "better" more in-depth offerings for plate and springs out there if you are willing to pay the extra money.

Hope that helps at least a bit.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
To be fair the plate and spring are not the best plate and spring plugins out there but they are good. SSSR really shines for the "authentic" room sounds imo. If you want the package as a whole it is a great deal. If you just want spring and plate I guess it is still a good deal as I have paid more for a single plate plugin or for a single spring plugin. But there are "better" more in-depth offerings for plate and springs out there if you are willing to pay the extra money.

Hope that helps at least a bit.
It does, thanks a lot.
Old 3rd December 2020 | Show parent
FWIW, I actually use Sunset's plates and spring more often than other dedicated plugs I own. As well as the gorgeous sounding chambers.
Old 3rd December 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
This is the only reverb/room/space plugin I use anymore, and I have ALL of the big ones. Love it.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Since getting this plug-in, it's been my most used source for EMT 140 plate, and I have quite a few 140 plug-in options, ranging from modelled stuff to convolution. It isn't even the most versatile option I have, but it still gets the job done well every time I use it.
Same here. And I don't think there's another Echoplate emu out there. This sounds quite different from the EMT and when it fits the source, it's just stunning. When I first tried it, I ended up using it on a female singer who was as blown away as I was. So unobtrusive, so lush, full of character.
Old 3rd December 2020
Lives for gear

I bought this plugin but so far, after comparing, I've chosen to use Altiverb as my main room verb -- which still seems to be the most clear and "realistic" reverb I've used. As a second reverb (for snare maybe) almost anything works fine, Arturia EMT-140, Seventh Heaven, Illusion, even my old Sonnox reverb. I'm just doing my own little hobby, acoustic projects, so I probably don't need as much as some others. But I've noticed that going down the rabbit hole of myriad plugins, while an interesting diversion, can be a big waste of time and money without any real benefit to the end results.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhitney View Post
I bought this plugin but so far, after comparing, I've chosen to use Altiverb as my main room verb -- which still seems to be the most clear and "realistic" reverb I've used. As a second reverb (for snare maybe) almost anything works fine, Arturia EMT-140, Seventh Heaven, Illusion, even my old Sonnox reverb. I'm just doing my own little hobby, acoustic projects, so I probably don't need as much as some others. But I've noticed that going down the rabbit hole of myriad plugins, while an interesting diversion, can be a big waste of time and money without any real benefit to the end results.
Ah but Altiverb is the "Holy Grail" of verbs which alas not many have the opportunity of being privy to...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhitney View Post
But I've noticed that going down the rabbit hole of myriad plugins, while an interesting diversion, can be a big waste of time and money without any real benefit to the end results.
Pretty sure you’re missing the entire concept of Gear”Slutz”.
Old 4th December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by guavadude View Post
Pretty sure you’re missing the entire concept of Gear”Slutz”.
lol
Old 4th December 2020
Lives for gear

After more than a few months with SSSR I just can't get over the results I get with 'faking' a drum room in Studio 2. Give it a try by taking just your drum OHs and maybe a mono close kit mic and place that mix in SSSR Studio 2 (0% Dry / 100% Wet). I pick it 100% of the time over the drum room sounds available in my drum VIs (though I have to admit I don't have SD3 w/Hansa. Which temps me to upgrade just for that library!).
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JfromRVA View Post
After more than a few months with SSSR I just can't get over the results I get with 'faking' a drum room in Studio 2. Give it a try by taking just your drum OHs and maybe a mono close kit mic and place that mix in SSSR Studio 2 (0% Dry / 100% Wet). I pick it 100% of the time over the drum room sounds available in my drum VIs (though I have to admit I don't have SD3 w/Hansa. Which temps me to upgrade just for that library!).
BEST part of this strategy is that now you can actually send other instruments to that same room instead of having a disconnect of a VSTi with one room sound (even if it's awesome) and all your other instruments going to another room sound. Granted, you could already do this anyway with any reverb. Here you are doing it at Sunset Sound though .
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have and love SD3 but alas no Hansa

One I do intend to get though.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafishy View Post
BEST part of this strategy is that now you can actually send other instruments to that same room instead of having a disconnect of a VSTi with one room sound (even if it's awesome) and all your other instruments going to another room sound. Granted, you could already do this anyway with any reverb. Here you are doing it at Sunset Sound though .
Yeah the SSSR room sound can't be matched so far for me and I have searched high and low.
Old 6th December 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
Which position in Studio 2 do you prefer for this? I love how different they sound.
Old 7th December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakymoon View Post
next IK should go big time and model Abbey Road rooms, all of them.

but first they need to jump over Waves head. and that requires cojones.

big cojones.
I just visualized this. If your cajones are really big, it makes it really difficult to jump over someone’s head.
Old 7th December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeegee 303 View Post
I just visualized this. If your cajones are really big, it makes it really difficult to jump over someone’s head.
📝 Reply