The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
IK Multimedia T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb recreates iconic studio's spaces
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
Yes I tried that but to be honest I'd prefer to have a reverb that doesn't reduce the overall level of a track. None of my other reverbs do this with the input and output set at 0dB?
SSSR is not an 'algo' verb. It's a studio emulation along with channel/mic emulations that can be overdriven/clip. You are simply clipping the plug. The request should then be for volume compensation instead.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Yes I tried that but to be honest I'd prefer to have a reverb that doesn't reduce the overall level of a track. None of my other reverbs do this with the input and output set at 0dB?
I've noticed that the SSSR output levels of the rooms and booths are much hotter than most other reverb plugins. I found just taking the wet output down @ 8db put it closer in range to most other reverb plugins. Are you running it as an insert rather than on a send/return?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Hey yo...

Are there some New presets coming from IK?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagstrom71 View Post
I've noticed that the SSSR output levels of the rooms and booths are much hotter than most other reverb plugins. I found just taking the wet output down @ 8db put it closer in range to most other reverb plugins. Are you running it as an insert rather than on a send/return?
Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried this but this makes Sunset Sound much quieter than all my other reverbs!?
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried this but this makes Sunset Sound much quieter than all my other reverbs!?
Strange, hard to know what's going on from afar. Are you running it on a send return? If not, this might help eliminate problems or at least help troubleshoot them.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I'm using it as an Insert.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Probably because Sunset includes modelling of the console and you're levels are simply too hot? I have never encountered any distortion with SSSR, but I'm running quite conservative levels.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
Hey yo...

Are there some New presets coming from IK?
Yes! The first ones are from producer/engineer Ross Hogarth who was a key part of this plug-in happening. He did some great presets for Sunset Sound Studio Reverb and they will be FREE this coming week for anyone who owns the plug-in. I'll be interviewing him again on IK's Instagram this coming Thursday at 4pm EST where people can ask him questions about the presets or engineer or his career working with bands like Van Halen, Doobie Brothers and many others.
Old 1 week ago
Company Rep

...and the presets from Ross Hogarth are here! Get more information at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=rosspresets

Also, please tune in to the live stream Squids mentions above, it will be on IK's Instagram tomorrow Thursday May 21, 2020 at 4PM EST
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Thank you Ross!
Now we just need Donn Landee to come back out of hiding.
Reading Ted Templeman's book and there is quite alot of talk about recording at Sunset Sound with Donn. Having these different chambers, plates and rooms in one plugin is a treat.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagstrom71 View Post
Thank you Ross!
Now we just need Donn Landee to come back out of hiding.
Reading Ted Templeman's book and there is quite alot of talk about recording at Sunset Sound with Donn. Having these different chambers, plates and rooms in one plugin is a treat.
Yeh gotta say that was an excellent discussion. Also really enjoying these additional SSSR presets. Thx
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchlomo View Post
Probably because Sunset includes modelling of the console and you're levels are simply too hot? I have never encountered any distortion with SSSR, but I'm running quite conservative levels.
I've checked this and am not running it too hot? I sent the dry audio clip of the piano to IK and they are getting the same distortion but are unsure what is causing this.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Wow, those presets are nice.
Gives me some insight into particular choices for the different sources. Wonderful!
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
I've checked this and am not running it too hot? I sent the dry audio clip of the piano to IK and they are getting the same distortion but are unsure what is causing this.
Weird, keep us posted!
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quick question (I tried to find a manual online to answer this question for myself but came up empty - perhaps because I was on my phone . . . )

Were the rooms “sampled” at different positions within the room?

. . . and if so . . .

Is it the microphone listener position (microphones) that was changed, with the signal source (monitor) position remaining the same, or was it the source of the audio (monitor) that was moved to different parts of the room with the (mic) response taken from a common location each time?

. . . I hope that question makes sense!

EDIT: Never mind, answered my own question watching Jeezo’s excellent run through video.

Last edited by wjmwpg; 5 days ago at 02:26 AM.. Reason: Update.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Really hope to see some new T-RackS gear from Sunset studio.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search