The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
PreSonus ioStation 24c Interface
Old 17th January 2020
Gear Addict

PreSonus ioStation 24c Interface

Old 17th January 2020
Gear Addict

Combine the Faderport 8 and the 1st Quantum. Call it the Studio004. Kill the game.
Old 29th January 2020
Here for the gear

NO UNDO BUTTON on FADERPORT SERIES

Great idea to combine the two products but

cmon PRESONUS no dedicated UNDO button ?

i know we can hit shift and another button which is far away from the shift
or a user key...

i have a FADERPORT 8 but kept the original faderport just for that undo button...

when you are not a great piano player and you got one hand on your keyboard trying to get it right while recording , you want to hit the undo button easily until you are happy with your take

i dont know why anybody really making music at PRESONUS had the bad idea to remove that button near the transport buttons...

i would really like to understand the reason.

also i hope next version comes with thunderbolt quantum type of latency power and maybe usb-c (USB-2) retro compatibility so the unit can be used on different computers.

it just doesnt feel right to me to drop 300$ in 2020 on a USB-2 soundcard that will probably have same latency as the old 60 $ USB Audiobox
Old 31st January 2020
Here for the gear

apparently im not the only one with this issue as i found this post from another user in the presonus forum :

I just replaced my old Faderport with the new one.

It all works as advertised, it looks good with all the nice and colourful lights BUT:

The 3 big failures compared to the new one:
1) Undo
2) Undo
3) Undo

Whoever designed the new Faderport most certainly never worked with the old Faderport on a day to day basis. I would put all my money on it! What are the most used buttons on the Faderport? Surely, we all have different working routines and styles but I'm quite certain that most people would use all the transport buttons, the fader and the Undo button all the times. Sorry Presonus, You screwed up on this. I hope that they can add a possibility (future updates) where you can flip the prev/next with undo/redo. The need to first press shift is a huge step backwards.
Old 31st January 2020
Lives for gear

Funny in that video at 1:26 where the Presonus rep says the 1/4+XLR combo jacks are Neutrik connectors, when they're clearly marked Amphenol.
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

I've just bought one - it's super cool and fun to use. The comments regarding undo/redo are uninformed - if you hold the shift down for a couple of seconds it remains in force, so you can have undo and redo ready as you record (shift doesn't affect the transport and recording control etc). Where I wasted some time was putting it into Mackie Control mode. You have to hold the next button when powering up, and then you hit touch button for HUI or mute for MCU. Silly thing is that there are two mutes and I initially kept hitting the wrong one (the one nearest - bottom right - that mutes the audio interface) rather than the channel mute (I didn't read the HUI mode mechanism). I love this product. Too cool for school.... my only wish? I wish that it could run off USB-C power as an option (it's nice to have the power supply to not drain the laptop) because it makes it so more portable in the home, traveling, studio etc. It's great to get Studio One Artist and all of the free software too (but I'm a Logic Pro X fan - but I have played with Studio One is pretty slick - I just find it has missing bits and pieces that Logic has acquired over the decades...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search