The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Oeksound Soothe2
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

Oeksound Soothe2

If anyone at NAMM gets time to have a look at this, please report back!

https://oeksound.com/soothe2-introduction/

soothe2 has been redesigned from the ground up. It will feature a fully revised algorithm, along with a number of new features:

- Completely overhauled processing algorithm
- Full frequency range operation
- Attack and release speed adjustments
- Two different processing modes for different uses
- Full mid/side processing
- Lower latency
- Lower CPU load all-together, along with an even lighter Eco quality setting
- Quality settings can be adjusted separately for offline rendering
- Rewritten graphics rendering to offload most of the GUI drawing to the GPU for improved FPS even on older machines
- Sidechain input

They're at booth ****0.

Last edited by OliverV; 27th February 2020 at 09:13 AM..
Old 17th January 2020
Old 17th January 2020
Attack and release is a big one.
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

Wow interesting. Soothe has saved my sanity quite a few times while battling nasty resonances. But it could be enhanced even further, so I’m looking forward for the new algortithm.
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear
What a soothing news.
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

need a introduction price plz! whoever visit them at NAMM, tell them plz
Old 17th January 2020
Gear Addict

any favourable intro discounted price ?
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfinder View Post
any favourable intro discounted price ?
round about 20 usd endprice would be great ...

no, but 199 usd is alot still.
Old 17th January 2020
Here for the gear
great for sure I would give it a try
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

Can't wait to upgrade! $50 isn't bad at all. The full spectrum function is something I've wanted from the start!
Old 17th January 2020
Gear Addict

Interesting plugin, but 199 for it is a bit much for a single plugin these days, given everything else on the market that is offering a lot more for less.

Is it really worth the expense?
Old 17th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapmak3r View Post
Interesting plugin, but 199 for it is a bit much for a single plugin these days
UAD user speaking
Old 17th January 2020
Quote:
Interesting plugin, but 199 for it is a bit much for a single plugin these days, given everything else on the market that is offering a lot more for less.

One of the few worth the price of admission. You might not always need it, but when you do, it’s exactly what you need in that moment, and that’s worth it to me.
Old 17th January 2020
t_d
Lives for gear

best news of NAMM so far... i wish/hope that the shelf curves can be made steeper. there are a lot of times i need to zero in on a very specific range of frequencies and the too-gentle curves often grab more than i want....

maybe for another update?
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

Yeah just pay the money and let it save you time everyday. It’s worth it.
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

One of the most useful time saving plugins on the market.
Amazing on vocals, guitars, drum overheads and even mastering.

It saves me TONS of time (and does a better job) compared to the hours I used to spend doing EQ automation, which is about as fun a trip to the dentist.

Looking forward to the new features!
Old 17th January 2020
Quote:

Shortly, yes.

If you do a lot of paid audio work, and run a tight/busy schedule, this thing will pay for itself in a matter of weeks. One of the few pieces of *****' (physical or otherwise) that can make that boast, IMO.

^^^ not sure why the word "gear" got censored...
Old 17th January 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrotto View Post
Shortly, yes.

If you do a lot of paid audio work, and run a tight/busy schedule, this thing will pay for itself in a matter of weeks. One of the few pieces of *****' (physical or otherwise) that can make that boast, IMO.

^^^ not sure why the word "gear" got censored...
Because it s a 4 letter word preceded by piece of ...
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

Wow, I didnt think the first needed to be upgraded as it is perfect. This plug in is worth it's price and is incredible. I use it all the time for vocals. Those that wont buy due to the price are missing out on a huge time saving problem solving plug in. Part of the I want everything for $20 crowd.....
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

Finally full range
Old 17th January 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wo1 View Post
UAD user speaking
I am pretty new to UAD (bad experiences with Antelope forced me to switch), but the most I have spent on a UAD plugin is £75 for the LA2A collection, and Ocean way studios. Most I either got for free with the interface, got for free with vouchers, or got for £15 with vouchers.
Sure, they can be expensive, but you can get great deals if you are patient/thrifty.

Cheers for the replies. I'll take that on board and give it careful consideration. I have only heard good things about this software. Just a bit wary of spending more than £100 on a plugin these days was they just don't hold their value.
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
I am pretty new to UAD, but the most I have spent on a UAD plugin is £75 for the LA2A collection, and Ocean way studios. Most I either got for free with the interface, got for free with vouchers, or got for £15 with vouchers.
Sure, they can be expensive, but you can get great deals if you are patient/thrifty.

Cheers for the replies. I'll take that on board and give it careful consideration. I have only heard good things about this software. Just a bit wary of spending more than £100 on a plugin these days was they just don't hold their value.
I bought it at full price as I knew the huge benefits via Eric Valentine. It is one of my top mixing tools I use. I do this full time so it is a big time saver. Its that brilliant!
Old 17th January 2020
Gear Addict
instabuy!
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:

There’s also a lot of crap on the market, too, so....

$199 ain’t cheap, but, this one is worth it
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

I do agree there there should be an intro price, and also a free/reduced upgrade grace period for people who bought it in the last 2 months.
Old 18th January 2020
Gear Guru

Love this plug in
Forward thinking
Indispensable tool
The update looks awesome
Old 18th January 2020
Lives for gear

Can't wait to try this, V1 is already indispensable. €50 upgrade price is better than I was expecting.
Old 18th January 2020
Lives for gear

Both Sooth and Spiff are live savers (at least for me). And a full rewrite is costly. So that makes kinda sense.
Old 18th January 2020
Gear Addict

If the latency is low enough, it might work well in real-time too.. really looking forward to this
Old 18th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitchSlap View Post
I do agree there there should be an intro price, and also a free/reduced upgrade grace period for people who bought it in the last 2 months.
I literally almost pulled the plug today. Glad I found this thread! Although I've used it in about 4 or 5 mixes this week (the demo..) wonder if I wait for V2 I'll be given a license for V1 as well. I doubt there would be backwards compatibility?
📝 Reply