The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Oeksound Soothe2
Old 22nd April 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by adl View Post
I own both but haven't really compared em, as bx_refinement is static and works on one specific frequency while Soothe works dynamically over the whole spectrum (Soothe2 at least). Before Soothe I used bx_refinement and really liked the subtleness of it, I even used it on the Masterbus with just a tad of damping to de-edge the whole mix, but with Soothe (and gullfoss) I really haven't used it anymore, I must admit.
This is the truth, ever since I got soothe2 I hardly use half of the eq plugins I previously scoured through when I encountered surgical needs. Refinement is cool on a few elements to allow some contrast in the mix or maybe you have a hi hat thats bothering you. However... soothe is more of a workflow killer than a problem solver imo. Anyone can solve problems, but the time this thing saves me solving said problems? I could not apply a monetary value to this aspect.

An invaluable tool.
Old 23rd April 2020
Here for the gear

anyone have any thoughts on using soothe 2 with os 10.9.5? I accidentally got the upgrade and failed to see that it was designed for 10.10 and up.. I emailed Oeksound and they said to try it and see if it works but I wanted to see if anyone knows, or has experience running software on older OS..
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

can i remove comb-filter-effects with using Soothe 2 ?just like what De-filter or Unfilter can do ?
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Does anyone get latency when using soothe 2? I’ve used it on vocals and can notice the slightest bit of delay and solutions
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonavalos View Post
Does anyone get latency when using soothe 2? I’ve used it on vocals and can notice the slightest bit of delay and solutions
It is a latency inducing plugin. Your DAWs latency compensation should correct any delay incurred.

What is the issue you’re experiencing?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search