The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waves Audio Now Shipping the OVox Vocal ReSynthesis
Old 6th March 2020
Gear Head
Anyone had any success sidechaining an external synth to this yet? Because I haven't and there doesn't appear to be any tutorials or videos out there yet which demonstrate how to do this.
Old 7th March 2020
Gear Nut

Great plugin... I just can't deal with Waves tiny GUI's any longer
Old 7th March 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgc4rter View Post
Anyone had any success sidechaining an external synth to this yet? Because I haven't and there doesn't appear to be any tutorials or videos out there yet which demonstrate how to do this.
In cubase activating side chain on the ovox make it pop up as possible send for any of the audio track.
Old 7th March 2020
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by vynilr View Post
In cubase activating side chain on the ovox make it pop up as possible send for any of the audio track.
Yes, I've done what it says in the manual to activate the sidechain but only the audio plays and not the external synth.
Old 8th March 2020
I don't think it will play live in cubase. Route one track as carrier through the SC and set the ovox as effect on the modulator track.
Old 8th March 2020
Lives for gear
Would anyone recommend this over Vocalsynth 2?
Old 9th March 2020
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by miscend View Post
Would anyone recommend this over Vocalsynth 2?
There seems to be plenty of reviewers who think this can do things that Vocalsynth can't and works better.

For me, I tried to convince myself a few times to get Vocalsynth 2 a while back but failed to get anywhere close to the results I wanted which tend to be the more subtle effects to vocals. After a few plays with Ovox, I was achieving a far better success rate and can see me using it fairly regularly.

Waves are providing loads of presets to get you started too.
Old 9th March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgc4rter View Post
There seems to be plenty of reviewers who think this can do things that Vocalsynth can't and works better.

For me, I tried to convince myself a few times to get Vocalsynth 2 a while back but failed to get anywhere close to the results I wanted which tend to be the more subtle effects to vocals. After a few plays with Ovox, I was achieving a far better success rate and can see me using it fairly regularly.

Waves are providing loads of presets to get you started too.
I have that Ovox impression it was actually designed to be use with vocals AND instruments, whereas VocalSynth seems very vocal focussed. If people had the budget Id say there is still room to have BOTH.
Old 24th March 2020
News Desk Editor

Waves Audio Now Shipping an Updated Version of the OVox Vocal ReSynthesis Plugin

Waves Audio Now Shipping the OVox Vocal ReSynthesis-ovox.jpg

Waves Audio Now Shipping an Updated Version of the OVox Vocal ReSynthesis Plugin

Knoxville, TN, March 24, 2020 — Waves Audio, the world’s leading developer of professional audio signal processing technologies and leading maker of audio plugins for mixing, music production, mastering, sound design, broadcast, post-production and live sound, has released a new update of its OVox Vocal ReSynthesis plugin, now with a new highly anticipated MIDI Out feature, NKS compatibility with Native Instruments controllers, SoundGrid® real-time compatibility, and hundreds of new presets.

Update features:
  • MIDI Out in real time (including Voice-to-MIDI)
  • SoundGrid-compatible for real-time performance
  • NKS-ready for NI Komplete Kontrol and Maschine
  • 250 presets added, including 150 artist presets

OVox’s new MIDI Out feature enables you to play any virtual instrument (either by Waves or other manufacturers) using your voice, in real time. Whether you sing or hum melodies, OVox will convert your voice to MIDI, then send the MIDI out to the other instrument. You can also use the Note Mapper to quantize your MIDI to scale or generate hundreds of chord progressions easily. You can even route the other instrument as a carrier back to OVox, and then use OVox’s formant filter to modulate the other instrument. This strengthens OVox’s standing as the world’s most robust and feature-rich vocal synthesis tool for 2020, with even more creative vocal synthesis and sound design possibilities than ever before.

The new OVox update also adds 250 new presets, including 150 artist-presets from the music producers of Bon Iver, Rihanna, Beyoncé, Snoop Dogg, Wiz Khalifa, Cardi B, and many more. In addition, the new updated OVox is NKS-ready for Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol and Maschine, and is now SoundGrid®-compatible for real-time performance with a SoundGrid system.
Waves OVox is the next-generation voice-controlled synthesizer and vocal effects processor, powered by Waves’ Organic ReSynthesis® technology. Use OVox as a plugin or standalone app to transform any vocal: Create rich vocoder, talkbox, harmonizer, pitch/tune, vocal arpeggiation effects and beyond, with superior sound quality and instant results.

OVox’s workflow is instant, with none of the difficult routing typical of other vocoders and vocal synthesizers. Just insert OVox as a plugin, or fire it up as a standalone app – sing, hum, speak or beatbox into it, and hear the magic happen. You can experiment and discover unique results with OVox on drums, bass and other instruments. It’s also an amazing sounding synth in its own right, even when not triggered by vocals or other external sounds.
Whether you’re a producer, musician or engineer, Waves OVox Vocal ReSynthesis enables an unprecedented palette of vocal synthesis and vocal morphing creativity.

Video: “Build Songs from Your Voice: Waves OVox MIDI Out Feature”: https://youtu.be/DxML5kRESlU

Learn more: https://www.waves.com/plugins/ovox-v...ntrolled-synth
Attached Thumbnails
Waves Audio Now Shipping the OVox Vocal ReSynthesis-ovox.jpg  
Old 24th March 2020
Lives for gear

does this update include all of the free patches waves have been putting out recently, if so do they just get overwritten if you installed those free packs previously or what?
Old 25th March 2020
Lives for gear

WOW! This thing went from great to amazing in 1 update!!

EDIT: if I wanted to be really picky I would like the sequencers to be a bit larger to make it easier to create the right melodies since the mouse is the only way to change them and right now they are minuscule and a bit tedious to write
Old 26th March 2020
Gear Maniac

Voice to MIDI in Logic?

I found myself excited about the realtime voice to MIDI potential and since I have the time to mess around with something new (as many of us may at the moment) I went ahead and bought it.
Seems to track nicely enough and work as advertised, but it seems like the voice to MIDI function doesn't work in Logic. Am I missing something here? There doesn't appear to be any way to route MIDI out of Ovox to another synth. That is, of course, the whole reason I bought the thing.
Any ideas?
Old 28th March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain 8 View Post
does this update include all of the free patches waves have been putting out recently, if so do they just get overwritten if you installed those free packs previously or what?
Personally I can’t say for sure. But Waves isn’t known for getting rid of older presets, only adding to them.
Old 30th March 2020
Here for the gear

It's actually pretty amazing that the MIDI Out is a free plugin update, I tried it yesterday with my Minilogue and it's complete magic
Old 4 weeks ago
...ive had this for a few months now and keep coming back to it , trying it again ...watching more tutorials ...and im still not finding a way for it to sit in a mix...even on ad-libs

.....all i wanted when i got it was a quick talk box preset but everything i keep pulling up is just WAY too destructive/harsh and makes the vocal feel scratchy like a cat claw on a sore throat...

, I've gone through all the presets and downloaded the additional kanye and r and b ones.....still haven't found it

if anyone has come across the fast , simple set-up / preset for a ZAPP BAND TALKBOX please post...id be very grateful.

All I'm after is the computer love - zapp band/roger troutman sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41P4jHWRYYQ
Old 4 weeks ago
I sincerely doubt you'll find your joy in the software world. Ovox is probably the most outright scam of all but I wasn't thrilled by vocal synth either.

Of note, talkbox is an instrument in its own right and as all instrument takes practice. This tune goes well beyond the typical gimmicks, rather dynamic range / expressiveness.

Assumed you already own a synth and an amp, cost of entry in the world of talkbox hardware is moderate, like adding a few pedals to your board.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by vynilr View Post
I sincerely doubt you'll find your joy in the software world. Ovox is probably the most outright scam of all but I wasn't thrilled by vocal synth either.

Of note, talkbox is an instrument in its own right and as all instrument takes practice. This tune goes well beyond the typical gimmicks, rather dynamic range / expressiveness.

Assumed you already own a synth and an amp, cost of entry in the world of talkbox hardware is moderate, like adding a few pedals to your board.
yes i hear you bro,

...id just assumed by the marketing that we'd reached a place where that instrument (the talkbox) had been easily emulated.....

again if anyones got the key to getting this plug to behave quickly and cleanly like a talk box.....please share.

Ive tried reducing harmonics (sound goes dull/dark tone) turning down ovox feedback in the mix inside the plug in and increasing dry signal....) still can't find that sound
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostman View Post
...id just assumed by the marketing that we'd reached a place where that instrument (the talkbox) had been easily emulated.....
"Marketing" is the key word.

If anyone had success with this plug, sharing clips would be awesome .
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search