The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Eventide Releases Spring Reverb for Desktop and iOS
Old 18th January 2020
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by filterfreak View Post
I own both plugins and pedals and the pedals without a doubt sound better!

...and eclipse or even H3000: some people here say these devices sound even better than the pedals
I can assure you its the same algorithm that is in the pedal. The extra features allow for the sound to differ (pre/post tremolo), but otherwise they are sonically the same. When it comes to a pedal or hardware you are also listening to the sound of the converters, your cables, and whatever you are feeding the sound to (amp, audio interface converters, etc.). They are naturally going to sound a bit different due to this.

Everything is subjective but if anybody is on the fence, we offer a fully-functional 30-day demo.
Old 18th January 2020
Lives for gear

What a lovely plugin. So simple, so good.
Old 18th January 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlsmusic View Post
I did and I'm still a PSP SpringBox guy when it comes to the classic spring reverb sound for guitar. The Eventide does some nice spacey effects but when it comes to just plain spring reverb, PSP is the way to go in my opinion.

You ever use Springbox and Nexellence on the same source?
Old 20th January 2020
Gear Addict

So this wont be included in anthropology? will anthropology owners ever get any new plugins in the future?
Old 20th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodakell View Post
So this wont be included in anthropology? will anthropology owners ever get any new plugins in the future?
Just buy the stuff when it goes on sale.
Old 20th January 2020
Company Rep

Quote:
This is not included in Anthology XI because it just came out. Anthology XI was released at the end of 2018 and included all the plug-ins released between Anthology X (it's predecessor) and it's release. Unfortunately, plug-ins aren't added to a bundle after the release. They are usually included in the next iteration of the bundle which we will release when we have enough new plug-ins to justify it and at that time there will be an upgrade price based on the amount of plug-ins you own. This is how we've always done it.

The exception to this is if you subscribe to our Ensemble subscription. Subscribers receive all new plug-ins as they are released.

In the interim, we encourage you to try the plug-in for free for 30 days or it can be purchased on sale for only $29 for a limited time.
Old 22nd January 2020
I actually like Spring a lot. It is versatile, easy to dial in and sounds absolutely great. Holds up well to Excellence.
Old 22nd January 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverb View Post
Not sure what you guys are doing but I just bought it and tested it with electric guitar and it's spectacular - best spring plugin for guitar to date by a mile. I would say this is a must have for anyone using Sims.

Thanks for your review. It must be good to buy.
Old 22nd January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by dublave View Post
The examples I'm hearing sound pretty artificial. It may be a kind of cool special effect reverb in its own right, but if you're going for a real spring sound this really doesn't seem to be the one.
Seems a bit early to judge, but if it's the same algorithm as the H9 (Eventide has just confirmed that it is) then it deserves a closer look as that one is rather legit. Whether or not the sound of that particular spring is what you're looking for is up to the individual.
Old 23rd January 2020
Gear Addict

got the demo and thew it on a guitar and it worked like magic. sounds great. how long will the intro price be available?
Old 23rd January 2020
Company Rep

Quote:
got the demo and thew it on a guitar and it worked like magic. sounds great. how long will the intro price be available?
Intro price for the desktop version is through the end of February, 2020. The iOS version is on sale in the App Store only until this Sunday, January 26th, 2020.
Old 24th January 2020
Here for the gear
I compared the Spring plugin with the H9 version and they sound virtually identical - which was interesting because the Blackhole plugin sounds very different from the H9 version.

The Large Tank option is a great new addition. Are there plans to upgrade the H9 version with that feature or will it remain strictly with the plugin?
Old 24th January 2020
Gear Maniac

Demoing now. This plugin is fantastic, and sits beautifully in the mix (I don't care how it sounds solo or compared to a real spring, though it's doing what I expect of a great tube spring reverb in a guitar amp even when solo'd). I'm using it at 96k and loving it. Buying this at $29 is a no-brainer.

Last edited by petergreeny; 24th January 2020 at 06:09 PM..
Old 30th January 2020
DSK
Lives for gear

Bump because Eventide rules and this plugin is awesome!
Old 30th January 2020
Here for the gear

Been buying a few eventide plugins while they been in sale, a lot of these are brilliant and well worth the money. Cant see why people moan about them not being the same as other companies. I always thought having a few different types was the way to go as every track isnt the same.

For an intro price of 29 pounds if you use it once or twice or spurs your creativity it's well worth it.
Old 7th February 2020
Gear Nut

This plug-in is so good for sound design. I'm having a blast droning a note on the Prophet 600 and manipulating the knobs in real time.

Glad I bought this!
Old 3rd March 2020
Gear Maniac

Here are several examples of Spring including guitar amps, dub style, etc:

https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets...ventide-spring
Old 3rd March 2020
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo2slo View Post
I compared the Spring plugin with the H9 version and they sound virtually identical - which was interesting because the Blackhole plugin sounds very different from the H9 version.

The Large Tank option is a great new addition. Are there plans to upgrade the H9 version with that feature or will it remain strictly with the plugin?
As far as I know, as of now there aren’t any plans to update the H9 version with the large tank feature but I will certainly relay the request.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I really wanted to buy this when it was on the intro price, but their demo video was just terrible - I didn't really hear anything that sounded like a true spring reverb. I would love an alternative to Logic's amp sim spring reverbs, but Eventide did not at all convince me it would even be as good as those stock plugins. I pity the fool that pays $99 for this, unless they come out with a video really highlighting this as a replacement for a spring tank in a real amp.
Old 3 weeks ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZendoBrendo View Post
I really wanted to buy this when it was on the intro price, but...
The video was designed to highlight the versatility of the plug-in, and like all things music, is subjective. I’m truly sorry you disliked it so much. However, this is the very reason why we offer a 30-day, fully-functional demo for all of our plugins. We encourage you to try it for yourself and would love for you to share your audio examples with us.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZendoBrendo View Post
I pity the fool that pays $99 for this, unless they come out with a video really highlighting this as a replacement for a spring tank in a real amp.
I pity the fool who doesn't demo the plugin for themselves, apparently relying solely on a youtube video as a basis for judging its sound. Surely this is not the way to assess its quality?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search