The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Slate Digital Introduce INFINITY EQ
Old 30th March 2020
  #391
Gear Addict
 
vicnest's Avatar
 

Changelog on INFINITY EQ 1.0.2.0 Please.
Old 3rd April 2020
  #392
Lives for gear
 

Hows everyone getting on with the M/S features? I am always worried about M/S eq with analog/minimum phase because of potential phase issues.
Old 4th April 2020
  #393
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Carlyon View Post
Hows everyone getting on with the M/S features? I am always worried about M/S eq with analog/minimum phase because of potential phase issues.
No issues at all here!! in fact, M/S capability was one reason why Infinity EQ has replaced VoxengoEQ which was my go-to for M/S capabilities for many years. If absolutely nothing else, even if you prefer the VMR EQ's, Infinity EQ is worth it M/S.
Old 11th April 2020
  #394
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel C Media View Post
No issues at all here!! in fact, M/S capability was one reason why Infinity EQ has replaced VoxengoEQ which was my go-to for M/S capabilities for many years. If absolutely nothing else, even if you prefer the VMR EQ's, Infinity EQ is worth it M/S.
I ended up rejoining the subscription. Had it for years before and now i am back! Its one of the best sub deals to be fair, you get a lot for the money. Though Slate doesn't seem to be making as much of their own stuff now....But when they do drop something new, it tends to be very high quality.

One thing i really need from infinity is piano roll. That is standard in modern advanced EQs. The other thing is a much more efficient text input (to do the gain you have to go all the way to the right of the plugin)

The other amazing feature from Fabfilter and Izotope is the ability to switch between instances and check for 'masking' this is an amazing modern feature and is immensely useful when mixing.

The other thing i would love (seen in other eqs) is the ability to permanently link bands, but also have them 'inverse linked' so when you pull the gain up on one, it goes down on the other etc. Its actually very useful.

Anyway, i say this because if it had these features i could make this my only channel eq. The reason the fabfilter is the number 1 eq for most people is - it has pretty much all the modern features and they all work flawlessly with a seamless workflow. To unseat that EQ, you have to get all those things right.
Crave EQ is another good one, sounds better etc...but it will not replace FF for most because of the same reasons.

Anyway, great sounding EQ. The curves do sound noticeably more 'analog inspired'
Old 11th April 2020
  #395
Lives for gear
 
Beatworld's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicnest View Post
Changelog on INFINITY EQ 1.0.2.0 Please.
1.0.4.1 out now.
Old 11th April 2020
  #396
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
1.0.4.1 out now.
Have they added dynamic eq yet?
Old 12th April 2020
  #397
Lives for gear
 
Beatworld's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmo View Post
Have they added dynamic eq yet?
Haven’t used it yet, but I very much doubt it.
Old 12th April 2020
  #398
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
Haven’t used it yet, but I very much doubt it.
Did you receive email notification for the update?
Old 12th April 2020
  #399
Lives for gear
 
Beatworld's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmo View Post
Did you receive email notification for the update?
Nope, I was just checking out the Installers page.
Old 12th April 2020
  #400
Lives for gear
 

Are there any significant updgrades?
Old 12th April 2020
  #401
Lives for gear
 
Beatworld's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Carlyon View Post
Are there any significant updgrades?
I can’t find any change log.
Old 12th April 2020
  #402
Lives for gear
 

Just demoed it - this is the most beautiful EQ on the market, looks wonderful. Also sounds great, really. But, these are the necessary features that are missing and every EQ plugin in 2020 should have those:

1) dynamic eq
2) piano roll
3) collision/masking analyser option between channels

If Slate adds this, he will definitely have the no.1 EQ on the market! And this EQ needs these features...asap...

For Infinity EQ v2 (in a year or so) I would love to see per band optional saturation and spectrum grab. But, first those three I mentioned above...top priority!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #403
Here for the gear
 

The update smoothed put the GUI glitches I was having. Like when grabbing a parameter and adjusting it would hesitate then jump, which was annoying, but now it is good. I am liking the interface and sound, (M/S implementation is maybe the easiest I have used) but already have ProEQ 3 and several others all of which have more features. Hopefully Infinity EQ will soon have dynamic eq, spectrum grab, etc like the last post said. It could potentially be my go to. Just a bit late in the game to be released without those features.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #404
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulderFBI View Post
Just demoed it - this is the most beautiful EQ on the market, looks wonderful. Also sounds great, really. But, these are the necessary features that are missing and every EQ plugin in 2020 should have those:

1) dynamic eq
2) piano roll
3) collision/masking analyser option between channels

If Slate adds this, he will definitely have the no.1 EQ on the market! And this EQ needs these features...asap...

For Infinity EQ v2 (in a year or so) I would love to see per band optional saturation and spectrum grab. But, first those three I mentioned above...top priority!
Totally agree on all these points. These things are the reasonss why many people will still use pro Q.
I would also add, i am still waiting for another EQ to have a 'single instance' feature like DDMF IIEQ where you can jump around all instances from a single instance.
I know the FF has its own version of this, but man, the DDMF has such a great workflow for this.

But i agree on your priorities list. Those things would make this my no.1 EQ for general track use. Its wonderful analog sounding curves with 0 latency make it very useful for general track use.
I still think Crave and Equillibrium sound exceptional - but for track use, where you may want to automate parameters throughout a track, having a great sounding EQ with no latency is very valuable indeed!!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #405
Lives for gear
 

One other thing i would love to know is how this stacks up against the SSl X EQ2
I had an SSL sub but cancelled it deciding that there were newer and better alternatives, but i do miss that stuff.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #406
Gear Maniac
 

4 months on and where are the “incredible dynamics in the works”?
Old 1 week ago
  #407
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
We have incredible dynamic features in the works (and many more cool features), although it will not happen at the very launch next month.

Cheers,
Steven
Any news? I bought in and now am thinking I may have been deceived.
Old 1 week ago
  #408
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmo View Post
Any news? I bought in and now am thinking I may have been deceived.
I think judging by how long SSD 5.5 took after 5.0 was released, you should probably assume it'll take a significant amount of time more (Especially since companies are not necessarily working at full speed right now).
Old 1 week ago
  #409
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmo View Post
Any news? I bought in and now am thinking I may have been deceived.
You bought this cause it would get dynamics in the future?
If you need dynamic eq you should have bought a dynamic eq.
You will have to wait for
such a big update.
Try fabfilter or waves f6 if you need a dynamic eq right now. Both are great.
Old 1 week ago
  #410
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattias78 View Post
You bought this cause it would get dynamics in the future?
If you need dynamic eq you should have bought a dynamic eq.
You will have to wait for
such a big update.
Try fabfilter or waves f6 if you need a dynamic eq right now. Both are great.
No, I didn’t buy it in the hope it would get a dynamic section in the future but when the owner of the company states they have great dynamic features in the works, I expected it to be out of the works after 5 months....
Old 1 week ago
  #411
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmo View Post
No, I didn’t buy it in the hope it would get a dynamic section in the future but when the owner of the company states they have great dynamic features in the works, I expected it to be out of the works after 5 months....
Yeah it can take a while with slate. I don't think their plugin development is as quick as it used to be.
That could be untrue, just how it feels.
Tokyo Dawn Labs has a sale on their 'Nova' EQ at the moment, that is an incredible dynamic EQ....going for 35 bucks!
Old 1 week ago
  #412
Gear Guru
 
Jeezo's Avatar
For dyn eq , petsonnaly it s all sonnox , anybody compared the slate versus the weiss eq 1 ?
Old 1 week ago
  #413
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmo View Post
No, I didn’t buy it in the hope it would get a dynamic section in the future but when the owner of the company states they have great dynamic features in the works, I expected it to be out of the works after 5 months....
I`m just curious, but have you ever been involved with software development? I would imagine it taking longer than 5 months considering how small the team is.
Old 1 week ago
  #414
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deondamage View Post
I`m just curious, but have you ever been involved with software development? I would imagine it taking longer than 5 months considering how small the team is.
No and I have zero interest in it.
All I want is the best product I can get for the money I spend.
I work in music professionally, have done for 25 years, music is my business and passion, not coding.
Old 1 week ago
  #415
Gear Guru
 
Jeezo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Carlyon View Post
Yeah it can take a while with slate. I don't think their plugin development is as quick as it used to be.
That could be untrue, just how it feels.
Tokyo Dawn Labs has a sale on their 'Nova' EQ at the moment, that is an incredible dynamic EQ....going for 35 bucks!
David is the nova has ms /LR feature ?
On sale where ?
Old 1 week ago
  #416
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
David is the nova has ms /LR feature ?
On sale where ?
Audiodeluxe seems to be at least one place where it's on sale atm
Old 2 days ago
  #417
Here for the gear
 
herewardcarringt's Avatar
 

Does Slate Digital also have plug-in deposit option such as Plug-in Alliance where you can trade in your plug-ins for a certain amount of subscription time?
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump