The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Barefoot Sound Introduces Footprint02
Old 15th January 2020
Lives for gear
Barefoot Sound Introduces Footprint02

As if the previous version wasn't (and sill is) amazing enough.. They've just announce a slight cheaper/smaller version. I'm sure this will be a big hit!

I adore my FP-01's and MM27Gen2's. These guys build magnificent monitors.
Old 15th January 2020
Gear Addict

From Website:
Old 15th January 2020
Lives for gear

Uggh... someone needs to do a proper "release" thread for these.

Buzzkill so far.

Old 15th January 2020
As an FP-01 user I bet these are going to be excellent for smaller studios, but as someone with a large control room (and can’t afford MM27’s) I would definitely shell out the cash for a larger version of the Footprint. I would probably pay $1k more for a version with 10” subs instead of 8”, a 5.25” mid instead of 4”, and slightly larger cabinet and power.
Old 15th January 2020
Gear Maniac

Some day, someone will have a dream review of:

Barefoot vs Amphion vs Neumann

Just so I can stop wondering.
Old 15th January 2020
Lives for gear

If I were in an apartment or home where I have to keep my levels in check, the 02's are probably a great solution. I have to crank my Footprint 01's pretty loud before I feel like the low end is in the sweet spot. It's not loud enough to where I'm frying my ears by any stretch, but it would have been loud enough where the neighbors would have complained when I was in a bedroom apartment back in Austin years ago. I bet these 02's sound great and balanced at low levels, and $1000 cheaper is significant enough to most people looking in this budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydBeretta View Post
I would probably pay $1k more for a version with 10” subs instead of 8”, a 5.25” mid instead of 4”, and slightly larger cabinet and power.
I was expecting them to come out with something bigger in the footprint line before they went smaller, the smaller sized surprised me. I'm pretty happy with my 01's for now, but I wouldn't mind paying a bit more for something significantly bigger. The problem is, once you get closer to the $5k mark you're hitting a range I've seen used Gen 1 MM27's go for. I have the most experience on those mixing on them for 5 years right when they came out. I would rather grab a used pair unless they did something equivalent to the footprint version of the mini main for around $5k.

Last edited by andersmv; 15th January 2020 at 08:52 PM..
Old 15th January 2020
Deleted f649ea5
These looks GREAT!
Old 15th January 2020
Lives for gear

these will be a smash hit. I'd maybe get these if I didn't already have Eve 307s.
Old 15th January 2020
Lives for gear

Barefoot introduces the Footprint02

Barefoot is proud to introduce the Footprint02.

The Footprint02 is the smaller and more affordable follow-up to its bestselling bigger sister the Footprint01. It’s an active 3-way speaker with dual opposing 6.5” woofers, 4” aluminum cone midrange, 1” dual ring radiator tweeter and MEME speaker emulation technology. I'm happy to answer any questions!

Cheers,
Thomas

Specs

Description: 3-way active monitor with MEME™ voice emulation
Controls: Input level stepped attenuator, MEME voice select
Input Impedance: 50k Ohm
Sensitivity: 90dB @ 1 meter with -15dBV input signal (Level control set to 0dB)
Frequency Response: 42Hz - 45kHz (±3dB), 52Hz - 40kHz (±1dB)
Bass Response: -3 dB @ 42Hz, Q = 0.707, Slope = 18 dB/octave
Cabinet: 13 liters total internal volume, Sealed woofer and midrange enclosures, Machined aluminum baffle plate, Polyurethane acoustic damping throughout
Crossover Frequencies: 180 / 3600 Hz (Passive crossover between Midrange and Tweeter)
Tweeter: 1″ ring radiator, Low distortion motor, Rear waveguide chamber
Midrange: 4.0″ aluminum cone, Aluminum phase plug, Low distortion motor, +/- 3.5 mm linear excursion
Woofers: 6.5″ paper cone, +/- 8.2 mm linear excursion
High Frequency Amplifier: 150W
Low Frequency Amplifier: 200W
Power Consumption: Idle: 2W, Maximum: 320W
Weight: Speaker: 27.9 lbs each (12.66 kg), Shipping: 33.6 lbs each (15.25 kg)
Dimensions HxWxD: 12.12 x 8.7 x 13.0 inches (308 x 222 x 330 mm)

Last edited by barefoot; 16th January 2020 at 05:12 PM..
Old 15th January 2020
Here for the gear

Beautiful!
Old 16th January 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by SydBeretta View Post
As an FP-01 user I bet these are going to be excellent for smaller studios, but as someone with a large control room (and can’t afford MM27’s) I would definitely shell out the cash for a larger version of the Footprint. I would probably pay $1k more for a version with 10” subs instead of 8”, a 5.25” mid instead of 4”, and slightly larger cabinet and power.
That would be the MM35's
Old 16th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx View Post
That would be the MM35's
Barefoot discontinued them, I’m guessing it’s because they were close to the footprints in specs. Aside from not having the share an amp between tweeter and midrange, the 35 and Footprints are probably close (woofers on the footprints are actually bigger, but different materials). The 35s seem to be going for about $4k used.

Vintage King had a few used pairs right after I got my footprints. I would be lying if I said I didn’t think about jumping on them. I loved the gen 1 27s and I’m sure the 35s are excellent, but I’m happy to stick with the Footprints unless I get a chance to hear them side by side with the 35s and they sound a lot better.
Old 16th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx View Post
That would be the MM35's
Yeah kind of, but you can't get those anymore and they were twice the price of a FP-01 when you could get them.
Old 16th January 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by andersmv View Post
Barefoot discontinued them, I’m guessing it’s because they were close to the footprints in specs. Aside from not having the share an amp between tweeter and midrange, the 35 and Footprints are probably close (woofers on the footprints are actually bigger, but different materials). The 35s seem to be going for about $4k used.

Vintage King had a few used pairs right after I got my footprints. I would be lying if I said I didn’t think about jumping on them. I loved the gen 1 27s and I’m sure the 35s are excellent, but I’m happy to stick with the Footprints unless I get a chance to hear them side by side with the 35s and they sound a lot better.
I have the MM35 gen2. Have also heard MM27 and footprint.

MM35 is basically the same thing as the MM27 but they don’t go as loud.

Footprints are good too, just not as analytical as the MM series.
Old 16th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot View Post
Barefoot is proud to introduce the Footprint02.

The Footprint02 is the smaller and more affordable follow-up to its bestselling bigger sister the Footprint01. It’s an active 3-way speaker with dual opposing 6.5” woofers, 4” aluminum cone midrange, 1” dual ring radiator tweeter and MEME speaker emulation technology. I'm happy to answer any questions!

Cheers,
Thomas

Specs

Description: 3-way active monitor with MEME™ voice emulation
Controls: Input level stepped attenuator, MEME voice select
Input Impedance: 50k Ohm
Sensitivity: 90dB @ 1 meter with -15dBV input signal (Level control set to 0dB)
Frequency Response: 42Hz - 45kHz (±3dB), 52Hz - 40kHz (±1dB)
Bass Response: -3 dB @ 42Hz, Q = 0.707, Slope = 18 dB/octave
Cabinet: 13 liters total internal volume, Sealed woofer and midrange enclosures, Machined aluminum baffle plate, Polyurethane acoustic damping throughout
Crossover Frequencies: 180 / 3600 Hz (Passive crossover between Midrange and Tweeter)
Tweeter: 1″ ring radiator, Low distortion motor, Rear waveguide chamber
Midrange: 4.0″ aluminum cone, Aluminum phase plug, Low distortion motor, +/- 3.5 mm linear excursion
Woofers: 6.5″ paper cone, +/- 8.2 mm linear excursion
High Frequency Amplifier: 150W
Low Frequency Amplifier: 200W
Power Consumption: Idle: 2W, Maximum: 320W
Weight: Speaker: 27.9 lbs each (12.66 kg), Shipping: 33.6 lbs each (15.25 kg)
Dimensions HxWxD: 12.12 x 8.7 x 13.0 inches (308 x 222 x 330 mm)
Sick! Exactly what I was hoping for!

Price? Release date?

How is the RF/EM shielding?
Old 16th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by planck View Post
I have the MM35 gen2. Have also heard MM27 and footprint.

MM35 is basically the same thing as the MM27 but they don’t go as loud.

Footprints are good too, just not as analytical as the MM series.
Ya, I'm more than happy with the Footprints for the price and they were a big step up from the Adam A7x's I had at the time. But after 5 years on the MM27's, the footprints aren't anywhere close in term of how great they sound. Regardless of the shortcomings, the Footprints are translating really well and I'm doing my job. Can't complain!
Old 16th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Norton View Post

Sick! Exactly what I was hoping for!

Price? Release date?

How is the RF/EM shielding?
Hi Patrick,

The MSRP is $2750 US per pair. Our dealer network will receive demos pairs within the next two weeks and we'll start shipping to customers in mid February.

Like all of our models, the FP02 exceeds all the international regulatory standards for EMI emissions. And they are well protected against external interference. Do you have a particular concern or are you in a noisy environment?

Thomas
Old 16th January 2020
Lives for gear

I like it. Hope I can soon listen them somewhere near to me. Looks great.
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

Congratulations to barefoot, looks like a winner, plus the price is right.
Old 17th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot View Post
Hi Patrick,

The MSRP is $2750 US per pair. Our dealer network will receive demos pairs within the next two weeks and we'll start shipping to customers in mid February.

Like all of our models, the FP02 exceeds all the international regulatory standards for EMI emissions. And they are well protected against external interference. Do you have a particular concern or are you in a noisy environment?

Thomas
Thanks!

Yes, my current monitors (Yamahas) are picking up nearby cell tower interference really strongly. Haven’t had the chance to try different monitors out in this space yet so I was just curious how intensive the shielding was on these.
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear
I don't see a digital input (I presume MEME is digital?), or is the XLR an AES input?
Old 20th January 2020
Gear Guru

Where is the acoustic axes on those ... great release

Fancy price in EU as usual it will cost me less to trip to NY , have fun and get back with a pair lol
Old 20th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
Where is the acoustic axes on those ... great release

Fancy price in EU as usual it will cost me less to trip to NY , have fun and get back with a pair lol
U saw the price already in EU?
Old 20th January 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling View Post
U saw the price already in EU?
1622 euros for one unit so 3244 euros witch is roughly 3600 $
Old 20th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
1622 euros for one unit so 3244 euros witch is roughly 3600 $
Puh was hoping for 2500 eur for a pair... LOL
Old 20th January 2020
Exciting....

Whats the difference between FP01 and FP02?

****Found info on Facebook...I believe only difference is 6.5" Sub vs 8" Sub and slightly smaller cabinets and power.****

Last edited by Micah421; 21st January 2020 at 09:32 PM..
Old 23rd January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling View Post
Puh was hoping for 2500 eur for a pair... LOL
Mmm! €2500 would be correct... But then €700 shipping. What!!!!
Old 23rd January 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli_W View Post
I don't see a digital input (I presume MEME is digital?), or is the XLR an AES input?
As with the FP01's, there;s no AES input. Only analog.
The MEME function uses a seperate input for the control of the DSP within the monitors.
Old 27th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by init0 View Post
Some day, someone will have a dream review of:

Barefoot vs Amphion vs Neumann

Just so I can stop wondering.

Not a dream review, but I stopped by each booth at NAMM to listen to the offerings. My impressions:

Footprint02: Sharp HF detail and punchy. Plenty of tight Bass. Not a lot of midrange detail, however. A bit thin in that regard. No Subwoofer needed.

Neumann: Smallest version (KH80) sounds very thin and lacking and detail in the mids, similar to Barefoot, but no Bass. KH120 is much better but a Subwoofer is definitely needed for all except the 3-Way model (KH 310), which sounds excellent in all regards

Amphion: Seriously impressed with all their speakers. Well balanced overall. A bit "warm" but much more detail and better translation than the small Barefoots. No sub needed. Needs external amplifier of course.

I do have an Amphion Amp700 amplifier driving my self-built monitors using Seas drivers. A great amplifier all-around.
Old 27th January 2020
Gear Maniac

Thank you so much!

Edit: Yes, KH 310

- https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...itor-left-side

they seem a bit then the Amphion Two15 -at least on the install and cables etc as an amp is needed.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search