The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Barefoot Sound Introduces Footprint02
Old 28th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
1622 euros for one unit so 3244 euros witch is roughly 3600 $
Footprint02s in SXPRO

Here 3080€ now. Not a bad price for the amount of quality & power in such small format factor.
Old 28th January 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by heraldo_jones View Post
Footprint02s in SXPRO

Here 3080€ now. Not a bad price for the amount of quality & power in such small format factor.
i though they were not available yet in EU
Old 28th January 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Footprint02s in SXPRO

Exact , they will have to be really special for me to forgot about my 2108 ... but never say never like he said .... i know it s gonna be a pain to test in France ...
Old 28th January 2020
Correction, I have the AMP500. The 700 is the new one with some improvements I understand.
Old 28th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumleymusic View Post
Not a dream review, but I stopped by each booth at NAMM to listen to the offerings. My impressions:

Footprint02: Sharp HF detail and punchy. Plenty of tight Bass. Not a lot of midrange detail, however. A bit thin in that regard. No Subwoofer needed.

Neumann: Smallest version (KH80) sounds very thin and lacking and detail in the mids, similar to Barefoot, but no Bass. KH120 is much better but a Subwoofer is definitely needed for all except the 3-Way model (KH 310), which sounds excellent in all regards

Amphion: Seriously impressed with all their speakers. Well balanced overall. A bit "warm" but much more detail and better translation than the small Barefoots. No sub needed. Needs external amplifier of course.

I do have an Amphion Amp700 amplifier driving my self-built monitors using Seas drivers. A great amplifier all-around.
You don't say which Amphions you listened to??

I mean you have to go up to the One 18 to get to as low as 45Hz, the One 15 and 12 bottoms out a 49Hz and 78Hz respectively. So I don't see how you could use those without a Sub (maybe the One 15) unless they are only being used as an alternate set of course.
Old 1st February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
Exact , they will have to be really special for me to forgot about my 2108 ... but never say never like he said .... i know it s gonna be a pain to test in France ...
I don't remember if were KMR or SXPRO the ones who have a equipment rent service were do you pay a little fee and you have a week or so to test the equipment
Old 1st February 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
I don't remember if were KMR or SXPRO the ones who have a equipment rent service were do you pay a little fee and you have a week or so to test the equipment
Good to know , usually i deal with distributor or brands but in that case it enters the exotic listing here in France ...
Old 10th February 2020
Oh they look amazing!
I have the Neumann KH120 and I'm quite happy with them except with the bass response. I want to try the KH750 Sub soon but spending a bit more and upgrading to the Footprints 02 is very tempting, especially because I work in a small room with a decent amount of treatment, but probably not enough to make a sub work.
I've read that the Footprint 01 is not very detailed in the mids and highs, so I'm not sure if the Footprint 02 are really worth the upgrade from the KH120.

How do the Footprints compare to the Neumanns in regards to detail and imaging etc.?
Old 11th February 2020
Lives for gear

Footprint 01 is pretty detailed in those areas too, don't worry. FP02 has the same drivers so must be an another awesome monitor! But as with all the monitors, you need to try them first in your room. Also use some room correction.
Old 15th February 2020
It seems that the 02 have lower crossover point between LF driver and midrange compared to 01, how's that possible?
Old 15th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyjanopan View Post
It seems that the 02 have lower crossover point between LF driver and midrange compared to 01, how's that possible?
Doesn't that mean the 6 inch speakers have less frequency information to deal with? I would think that makes sense when going from an 8 inch sub to a 6 inch. In the larger 02, the 8 inch speakers are having to process all frequencies 250 hz and below. With the 01 6 inch speaker they're only having to deal with 180 and under, so they should be able to resonate a bit more freely and process the lower frequencies a bit easier because they're being feed less information.

I don't really know much about monitors and the science behind a lot of these decisions, but that seems like a logical trade off to me if you're designing a very similar speaker, only a bit smaller. Less resonance at different frequencies means less distortion and phase issues.
Old 20th February 2020
I think most of the cons in the SOS review of the 01s were based around the high crossover point, but I don’t remember any details.

They seem to be available in Germany, has someone already got a pair and can comment on how they perform?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search