The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Novation announces new Launchpad Pro MK3
Old 20th April 2020
Lives for gear

Bought one about 6 weeks ago. Components acted severely weird today. Wouldn't send the Custom maps to the unit, and if I set any MIDI CC Widget to "Trigger", it would stick as "on" after it was sent (if it would send).

Then it stopped connecting to my main computer.

So I tried to connect it to my second studio computer (also with Components on it). It connected (thankfully), until it didn't.

So, I held down SETUP and plugged it in, to go into Bootloader mode. Maybe flash that firmware again, as it (oddly) reverted to version 0385 instead of 0440.... and Bootloader mode usually fixes a lot of issues.

The firmware update failed. Twice. The first time, I was able to disconnect it, go back into Bootloader mode. The second time, Components bricked it.

Now, it's a $350 paperweight. I put in for a return via American Musical Supply... even though I'm ONE DAY PAST the return window (of course). Completely useless. I tried different cables. I tried the Bootloader mode.

I used this thing like 3 times over the last 6 weeks and it completely DIED.

Do I want a replacement? Yeah, I do. I still have my Launchpad X but I want all those extra buttons at the bottom (track select, etc.. quantize, fixed length, etc).

I'm basically heartbroken and annoyed.

Also...

DO NOT INSTALL THE Novation 2.17.10 USB MIDI DRIVER... that killed all of my Novation stuff. ALL OF IT. Nothing would connect fully. The lights would come on, but no one was home (the old expression). Components wouldn't see any device... no DAW would, either. Until I uninstalled it. As soon as I uninstalled it, I had to revert drivers to the older ones, by "choose driver from list" (I'm on Windows 7, 64-bit). Device Manager in Control Panel showed errors with that damn new driver. Ridiculous. And painfully annoying.

I have no idea why this happened... at all. Maybe the firmware was completely on the fritz. I don't know. The unit was manufactured in December 2019. One of the first units, I guess.

I have a ton of Novation gear and have never had one issue, until today. I spent over $2,000 on Novation stuff in the last 18 months. They should sponsor me but no one knows who I am, unlike Taetro and BoBeats, etc.

And of course, it's out of stock from all the online retailers, including AMS.

Just a heads-up to everyone................. maybe wait to pick this up until stuff like this is resolved....

4/22/2020 update: sending the Launchpad Pro MK3 to Novation tomorrow or next day-- they said they'd replace it, no problem. Great customer service. Can't wait for the new one.

Last edited by themixtape; 22nd April 2020 at 09:10 AM..
Old 1st May 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zobbo View Post
I am trying to record into the sequencer using my USB keyboard. The manual simply says

But it's doing nothing for me. I've got an enabled midi track in Ableton, taking data from my keyboard and sending to the LPPMK3 Midi port. Record is enabled. Nothing registering on the LP. Is it just me or anyone else seeing this?

Ian
To answer my own question somewhat after the event, I didn't have the latest firmware. I'd been to their support page and seen no firmware there so thought none had been released. I didn't realise I had to use components to check and install.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter76 View Post
I can't believe this is the only gripe I've found about the poor contrast. It's terrible, can barely tell where notes are, even in low light!
You can count me as another griper - RGB pads and the only indication if a step has notes is a slight difference in brightness is nuts imo. I hope they change this to something more sensible.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search