The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Solid State Logic launches SSL 2 and SSL 2+ Audio Interfaces
Old 13th January 2020
News Desk Editor

Professional personal and collaborative studio packages bring together 40 years of music production knowledge and technology

Legendary console manufacturer Solid State Logic (SSL) has launched their first-ever dedicated audio interfaces as part of their new personal studio range: the SSL 2, and SSL 2+. Both are USB-powered and include class-leading mic preamps, legacy 4K analogue enhancement mode inspired by classic SSL consoles, studio-quality monitoring, and an SSL Production Pack software bundle.

SSL has been designing cutting-edge mixing consoles and processing tools for the world's finest recording studios for over four decades, and the new SSL2 and SSL2+interfaces takes this technology and know-how, and places it in the hands of today’s creatives and aspiring professionals. Designed to be at the heart of a project or personal recording set up, the SSL 2 personal studio is perfect for individual singers, songwriters, or media producers, while the SSL 2+ collaborative studio provides expanded I/O for musicians working and recording together.

“When SSL's founder, Colin Sanders set about making his first mixing console in the early 70s, he did so because every other console at the time fell short of his expectations and needs,” comments SSL Director of New Products, Niall Feldman. “Fast-forward 40 years, that same philosophy has inspired the team to create the SSL 2 and SSL 2+ for the personal studio market, and share some of that amazing technology in a new format.”

The 2-In/2-Out SSL 2 packs in two classic analogue mic preamps together with pristine 24-bit/192kHz conversion to capture and hear every detail, a single high-grade headphone output, easy-to-use monitor mix control for critical low-latency monitoring tasks, and balanced monitor outputs with an impressive dynamic range. In addition, the ‘Legacy 4K mode – inspired by the studio favorite, hit-making SSL 4000 series consoles - gives you the ability to add extra analogue character and sparkle to your input sources. The included ‘SSL Production Pack’ software bundle, which includes some of SSL's own studio-grade Native plug-ins, gives you an incredible arsenal of tools for refining your recordings.

The SSL 2+ feature set builds in a production hub for those wanting to collaborate, with an additional headphone output with independent monitor mix, MIDI I/O, and additional un-balanced outputs for DJ Mixers.

Andy Jackson, SSL Studio Product Manager, enthuses “We focused on developing the best sounding and performing audio interfaces at this price point, and then raising the bar again with features and add-ons that make a significant difference when creating. Our attention to excellence even goes down to the use of Neutrik connectors and Alps pots throughout, because anything else is a compromise. We are fortunate to have a phenomenal heritage of product, technology and successful artists to draw on during development, so if you’re starting out in recording music, why wouldn’t you start with the best?”

The SSL 2 is available priced: £149.99 + VAT, $229.99 + Tax, €179.99 + Tax

The SSL 2+ is available priced: £199.99 + VAT, $279.99 + Tax, €239.99 + Tax

For more information please contact your favorite reseller or go to our website: https://www.solidstatelogic.com/interfaces.
Attached Thumbnails
Solid State Logic launches SSL 2 and SSL 2+ Audio Interfaces-interfaces-midpage-banner-980px.jpg  

Last edited by The Press Desk; 13th January 2020 at 04:26 PM..
Old 13th January 2020
Here for the gear
SSL 2/2+ Audio Interface

https://solidstatelogic.com/interfaces

Looks nice...
Old 13th January 2020
Gear Nut

Quality entry-level interfaces from SSL !!
Neutrik connectors, Alps pots, AKM converter chips... and two individual H/P outs.

Oh I forgot - the monitor level goes to 11 as well ;-)
Old 13th January 2020
Gear Maniac

Well these will be ungodly expensive...

EDIT: Just saw the prices. JFC... I wonder how these will compare to my Clarett 4Pre
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbyguitar View Post
Quite the opposite, they seem to be aimed at the quality entry level market, such as Audient. Very tempting as a portable interface, the only thing that is missing imho is an Adat in on the 2+ for connecting an 8 channel expander.
Old 13th January 2020
Solid State Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbyguitar View Post
Oh no they won't
Old 13th January 2020
Seems like a great unit at a great price; should sell like hot cakes.

I like the 4K button...maybe SSL should do a standalone unit with just the 4K effect?
Old 13th January 2020
Gear Nut

One or two sizes bigger and I'm in!

(ADAT, more In/Outs, Send/Returns)
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Made in Oxford?
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Not a chance at this price point.
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanax View Post
Why not? It's very cheap in my opinion.
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

^ exactly why it won't be made in england. not that it matters to me so much btw. just saying.
Old 13th January 2020
mp3
Lives for gear

Nice! But it needs at least four outs. Digital I/O would be nice too. It’ll be interesting to see what sort of latency they’re working with.
Old 13th January 2020
Gear Nut

Are these prices correct?
Seem extremely low for SSL hardware.
Just checked the date and it's definitely not April 1st
Old 13th January 2020
Gear Nut

Prices are correct

SSL 2 goes for CHF 225.- incl. VAT
SSL 2+ goes for CHF 295.- incl. VAT
Old 13th January 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by theRog View Post
Prices are correct

SSL 2 goes for CHF 225.- incl. VAT
SSL 2+ goes for CHF 295.- incl. VAT
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanax View Post
The lower priced MOTU M2 and M4 are made in US.
Old 13th January 2020
Gear Addict

Jaw dropped here at the price point. Curious about what exactly is happening with the 4K button engaged.
Old 13th January 2020
Gear Nut

What matters is how they sound ;-)

4K = slight HF shelving + sweet harmonics
Old 13th January 2020
Gear Addict

Look great.

Are these USB class-compliant? (will work with iOS, etc)

lD
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelpv View Post
Jaw dropped here at the price point. Curious about what exactly is happening with the 4K button engaged.
i guess it's something similar to the "air" switch on the focusrite interfaces. don't think it's any transformers or such. they would have mentioned it. we'll find out soon enough
Old 13th January 2020
Gear Nut

Apple class-compliant
Windows drivers downloadable on SSL website
Old 13th January 2020
Here for the gear
Just got the SSL SiX, now I'm surprised with SSL making an audio-interface, would be a good couple I guess, Curious how this thing will land, from the price point it seems very tempting!
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleer View Post
The lower priced MOTU M2 and M4 are made in US.
MOTU isn't SSL.

SSL started moving manufacturing to China around Fusion.
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Awesome. I think I will be getting one of these for remote recording. Has everything I need and the price point is great.

Anybody know if these are chip based preamps or are these the same ones in their higher end gear?

Edit: answered my own question. Preamps are "discrete low-noise transistors in combination with ICs."
Old 13th January 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by theRog View Post
Apple class-compliant
Windows drivers downloadable on SSL website
So it's not class-compliant then?
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Seems that all the plug ins are AAX only.
Old 13th January 2020
Deleted 2137a08
Can you use the preamps stand alone?

How cool would this be for the mix bus
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Purchased on site. At $300 I’ll bite...
Old 13th January 2020
Gear Head

Just bought one. Coming in on Wednesday. Can't wait to try it out!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search