The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Solid State Logic launches SSL 2 and SSL 2+ Audio Interfaces
Old 3 weeks ago
Solid State Logic

The “stereo” button only affects the input/playback monitoring. In the opposite example to the above if you are recording one mic you want to hear it in both ears and not just the left one. If you had a singer and a guitar, one on left one on right, which can be disconcerting. ThE button either hard pans the inputs to the monitor blend or monos both to centre.

Nothing to do with what’s sent to the DAW.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodel34 View Post
really my only question is if they are stereo or mono inputs. i have no interest in mono summing to stereo. a simple stereo recording of my mpc into one input will be perfectly fine for me.
If you plug a trs stereo line in one input only, you will not have a stereo sound but something weird, either the "stereo button" is pressed or not. The inputs of the ssl 2 are balanced mono inputs.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by taudier View Post
The inputs of the ssl 2 are balanced mono inputs.
thanks but i wish you would've just said this days ago. this was the answer to my question. i guess i'll order different cords now and return the ones that are on the way.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
The “stereo” button only affects the input/playback monitoring. In the opposite example to the above if you are recording one mic you want to hear it in both ears and not just the left one. If you had a singer and a guitar, one on left one on right, which can be disconcerting. ThE button either hard pans the inputs to the monitor blend or monos both to centre.

Nothing to do with what’s sent to the DAW.
thanks for clearing that up, Jim.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Hi guys,
i'm using Win 10 and i'm thinking of getting either a SSL2 or a MOTU M2, but I read that a lot of win users are facing dropouts and freezes with the M2.

Did you Win10 guys have any bad experience with the SSL2 O 2+?
Would you recommend it over the MOTU?

Thanks
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Hades Canyon and the SSL 2+ small form factor studio beast

the monitor mix knob is extremely useful for my use case. now instead of unplugging the headphones, all i have to do is turn the knob.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Hades Canyon and the SSL 2+ small form factor studio beast

the monitor mix knob is extremely useful for my use case. now instead of unplugging the headphones, all i have to do is turn the knob.
update. i was doing some testing with the latency settings of the ssl 2+ and my computer froze hard. tried to shut down after i finally got all the programs to close and it just would not shut down. Finally I was forced to hard shut down via the power button and now windows refuses to boot. this is a first for windows 10. scarlet solo never did this under any circumstances.

Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

well theres a surprise, driver issues with a new piece of kit from ssl.. hope you dont end up with a doorstop like i did with my original nucleus purchase.

Last edited by tsebaoth; 2 weeks ago at 11:04 PM..
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I've been using the SSL2 for a week or so now.

It's been great EXCEPT for one hitch today where the headphone jack completely stopped working. I had to unplug the USB-C cable to power off, then plug back in and it started working again.

Apart from that, which could happen with any USB-connected device, it's been fantastic. A huge step up from my old Shure x2u (yes yes, I know )
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Anyone out there tested the SSL 2 or SSL2 +with Linux and if so, how is its compatibility? What is the latency you're experiencing?

I saw that the device is class compliant for Macs, though does it translate over to Linux well? There's various mentions on the product page and through web resources that it is class compliant.

Keep to bite the bullet on either this or an Motu M2 or M4. Aiming to get something class compliant that will play nicely with Linux.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
i got windows working but im going to have to reset windows and reinstall everything to get it working the way it was before. frustrated. thats no small feat.

i can't get the outputs working on this thing now. seems futile to reset windows for the chance to get this thing working properly again (not to mention windows working properly) only for it to mess everything up again. i want this thing to work but its looking like i'm going to have to return it.

ssl asio is the main culprit here, to be clear. everything was fine before i touched ssl asio.
Old 2 weeks ago
Solid State Logic

Quote:
everything was fine before i touched ssl asio.
Touched how and under what circumstances?
Old 2 weeks ago
Solid State Logic

Out of respect, politeness and discretion I won't give the name of the poster in this thread who had distortion problems but I am glad that our support team have been able to help out Please be sure to use balanced cables.
Attached Thumbnails
Solid State Logic launches SSL 2 and SSL 2+ Audio Interfaces-unbalanced-cable-monitors.png  
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Touched how and under what circumstances?
changed my sound driver in my daw to solid state logic asio driver. then opened the ssl control panel and changed the buffer size to 16.
Old 2 weeks ago
Solid State Logic

Just done the same thing myself. All fine.

Did you have loads of other stuff running that might have overloaded the system RAM to cause the crash? Big virtual instruments, anything that might struggle with higher performance overhead? Which DAW? Feel free to PM me with details, but be aware I'm not one of the support experts... Do you have an open support ticket yet?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Ok i'm good to go now. All is well. Windows is working normally and the ssl is working properly.

if you have trouble with the outputs, check this out https://solidstatelogic.zendesk.com/...yback-Devices-
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Just done the same thing myself. All fine.

Did you have loads of other stuff running that might have overloaded the system RAM to cause the crash? Big virtual instruments, anything that might struggle with higher performance overhead? Which DAW? Feel free to PM me with details, but be aware I'm not one of the support experts... Do you have an open support ticket yet?
Have you heard of outputs randomly stopping working in Windows 10? My headphone output will cut out, only fixed by me unplugging/plugging back in the SSL device.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Has anyone tested this interface with sony 7510's ? Or other headphones in the 20-24ohm range? And noticed any distortion that is being talked about in this thread?
Old 2 weeks ago
no noticeable distortion with my MDR-7509s!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

How is the performance of SSL2/2+
Is it capable to handle more tracks and virtual instruments ?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
haven't noticed any distortion
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominiko View Post
Anyone out there tested the SSL 2 or SSL2 +with Linux and if so, how is its compatibility? What is the latency you're experiencing?

I saw that the device is class compliant for Macs, though does it translate over to Linux well? There's various mentions on the product page and through web resources that it is class compliant.

Keep to bite the bullet on either this or an Motu M2 or M4. Aiming to get something class compliant that will play nicely with Linux.
New onwer of ssl2+. On ubuntu 18.04 the interface is recognized immediately by mixbus6 and ardour6. However clicks during playback occur.There is a patch for alsa however I dont know when this patch will be availabe without rebuilding the kernel on your own.

the same patch in needed for motu see here

https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21629
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
So, anyone know which AKM chip are they using?

Last edited by scalawag; 1 week ago at 11:05 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

I've had the SSL2+ for a few months now, and overall, I'm pleased with it, however I can say that I don't get a ton of volume from the headphone out with my 80 OHM DT 770 pros. It's usable, but I can crank it all the way to 10 and it doesn't get anywhere near uncomfortable, or where I feel like I should back off of it. BTW, I'm using it with a Lenovo Yoga 720 laptop and it's performance has been great other than the headphone power.
Old 1 week ago
Solid State Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygunz View Post
I've had the SSL2+ for a few months now, and overall, I'm pleased with it, however I can say that I don't get a ton of volume from the headphone out with my 80 OHM DT 770 pros. It's usable, but I can crank it all the way to 10 and it doesn't get anywhere near uncomfortable, or where I feel like I should back off of it. BTW, I'm using it with a Lenovo Yoga 720 laptop and it's performance has been great other than the headphone power.
How do you have the wet/dry monitor blend set? Input signals are typically lower volume so you may find getting the right mix in your cans leads to lower levels. Few mic inputs run close to the levels your ITB mix is. Any volume issues when this is set to 100% DAW?
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

I’m a hobbyist noise maker, not a working pro by any means. Currently got an ART MPA Gold running into a H2 MIYO (which itself is pretty bananas), and I’m quite happy really, but miss the easy monitoring from my old ID4. Was thinking about maybe simplifying and reducing down to an SSL2+. Any opinions?
Old 21 hours ago
Here for the gear

I've got a weird issue in Reaper - when listening via the SSL2 (headphones plugged into headphones port, Monitor mix all the way to USB, volume up), it's only playing out of my Left Ear. If i pan a track right, I get nothing. They were recorded properly, as if I output them and listen on a different computer, they sound correct.

I thought my headphones were dying, so I got a new pair (HD6xx) - but same issue.

The sound seems to output fine when listening to Spotify etc.

If I pull the headphones out half way, I seem to get sound in both ears in Reaper.

Any ideas? Tearing my hair out.

edit: I'm so dumb. The Outputs were both set to 'Output 2' rather than 'Output 1+2' :|
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear