The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Solid State Logic launches SSL 2 and SSL 2+ Audio Interfaces
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.throwaway View Post
Sorry to ask what is surely a very dumb question, but I notice that the SSL2/2+ doesn't advertise a loopback feature, as many of its competitors do. Is there any reason I couldn't use Rogue Amoeba's Loopback app to achieve this regardless, or is there some special hardware/internal processing necessary that the SSL2 doesn't have? Thanks!
I asked them and they said that it can do loopback.
Old 1 week ago
So my Focusrite 2i2 (On Windows 10) I could have Reaper, Spotify, Chrome, etc all open and switch between them to play audio. With the SSL 2, if I open Reaper, the rest stop working. Is this a driver thing? =o Any way to make it act like the 2i2 did?

Thanks!

EDIT: I think I fixed it, facepalm. I had Reaper changing the sample rate, unchecked that to keep the base SSL driver sample rate, and all is well.

Last edited by NoctemAudio; 1 week ago at 05:57 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

How's the Sysex handling on the 2+?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
fyi bhphoto is backordering the ssl 2+
not sure if mentioned
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundtweaker View Post
This isn't looking good. My SSL2+ arrives tomorrow.
who did you order through?
Old 5 days ago
RE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brb View Post
.......I hoping it can do the 4k "bend" thing

and.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
IMHO the "4K Bend" is much more about gain structure through the various VCAs to the output bus than it is a magic sticking plaster that can be applied anywhere in the chain.

Could you guys please expand a little on this "bend" phenom if you get a mo.

Not in regards to the SSL 2 's ability to mimic it or not....

in the sense that I'm very interested in the history/legacy of certain classic gear and in changing audio engineering techniques.

Ive previously heard reference to an impact on the stereo image on the 2bus when driving the headroom on legacy SSL consoles (i think thats what was being described).....and of course saturating the signal paths to the 2bus

is that the "bend" to which you are both referring?

and what sort of sonic characteristic does it manifest as?

Ive had a good search across t'internet and can't find any other reference to it.

id be very grateful for any shared knowledge . thanks

ps. SSL 2 and SSL SIX combo killing it for me here still ...respect to SSL
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

I’ve found one favorable comment about this thing over a Duet 2 in this thread but I’d love to hear other opinions. My Duet 2 is still going strong after quite a few years, but I’m always keeping an ear open for what to replace it with if it ever stops working. Seems like this is a direct competitor.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear
I'm currently trying to decide between the Apollo Twin X and the SSL2+.. Can anybody give me an honest comparison? - For vocals with Neumann Tlm 103 btw
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

To anyone who've played around with it. are you able to plug in analog hardware with a patchbay to like effect vocals only? is that possible? if so, then how?
Old 3 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvlonehero View Post
I'm currently trying to decide between the Apollo Twin X and the SSL2+.. Can anybody give me an honest comparison? - For vocals with Neumann Tlm 103 btw
I have a Twin X here and lots of other converters... i can tell you that the TwinX is awesome .. wth that said we just did a mix for live stream out of one rig in to another .. out of a Rosetta200 into a SSL2 with the 4k button pressed and it sounds awesome aswell .. it all depends on your workflow, money, do you want to get into the UAD stuff etc.. im sure the SSL will treat you just fine .. but i KNOW the Twin X is a frekin beast
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search