The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
SP12k - Sampling Percussion (inspired by the SP1200)
Old 22nd January 2020
Gear Addict

You really should explore making this a proper Windows & Mac plugin that can be used in a daw.

People would pay decent money for such a thing.
Old 23rd January 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehumansyndrome View Post
It sounds really good! Congrats!
In terms of features it could be also nice to be able to process directories of samples in batch mode but I think it is already in your TodoList.
Thanks

Batch processing is not on the todo list right now, but it might be in the future depending on the way the whole workflow evolves.
Old 23rd January 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by btfnk View Post
You really should explore making this a proper Windows & Mac plugin that can be used in a daw.

People would pay decent money for such a thing.
I would like to keep it a (progressive) web app for now, and explore integration options in that format.
Old 23rd January 2020
Gear Nut

SP12k 0.1.7 is online: https://rephase.org/sp12k

- redid pads to more closely follow the SP1200 design
- samples can now be imported by drag-and-dropping a file onto a strip
Attached Thumbnails
SP12k - Sampling Percussion (inspired by the SP1200)-sp12k-0.1.7.jpg  
Old 23rd January 2020
Gear Addict
Will the sequencer be ncorporated in future updates ?
Old 23rd January 2020
FFS
Gear Addict
agreed!!!
Old 23rd January 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqverb View Post
That is the plan.
It will not be a clone of the original one though.
Old 24th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pos_ View Post
I would like to keep it a (progressive) web app for now, and explore integration options in that format.
Suit yourself but speaking frankly you are reducing it to that of a gimmick/novelty thing regardless of how possibly authentic it sounds.i imagine nobody or very few people wants to be navigating web pages in their studios.this is a forum of mostly professionals most are going to want the same thing and its just in their nature to have their machines offline.when i think of creativity,the last place that comes to mind is the internet.i am probably projecting a bit but a lot of other people are likely to have similar sentiments
Old 24th January 2020
Lives for gear

Please imagine that you make the Holy Grail but from a material that is disintegrated by wine.

This is in effect what you’ve announced to this community.

An SP1200 is probably the most requested emulation in ten years of me reading this forum.

Now someone has made one that has people excited... and it is unavailable as an AU/VST or AAX... please consider this to be a decision that few if any of us will understand.
Old 24th January 2020
Lives for gear

can't wait for somebody to come up with a SP1200 plugin that "simply" gives the SP sound to whatever you feed it. With a pitchdown function that doesn't actually change the pitch but simulates the effect of using pitchdown on the SP. No sequencer, no 10 sec limitation, no old school interface, just the sound.
Old 25th January 2020
Here for the gear

Amazing work Thomas!
This already sounds convincing and very usable. Just two suggestions;
- please try to extend current 6 seconds per sample limit if possible and maybe add "Stop all sounds" button when things go wrong (though this would be more helpful if you extend the sample time).
Keepi it up!
Old 25th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitsville View Post
can't wait for somebody to come up with a SP1200 plugin that "simply" gives the SP sound to whatever you feed it. With a pitchdown function that doesn't actually change the pitch but simulates the effect of using pitchdown on the SP. No sequencer, no 10 sec limitation, no old school interface, just the sound.
Steinberg Groove Agent 5
Old 26th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitsville View Post
All we need is a library ala elastique that can be licensed to devlopers, built in to Reaper would be fine for me
Old 29th January 2020
Lives for gear

Let’s keep this thread alive!!!

So very very very good sounding.

And thanks a LOT for developing this and letting it be free thus far.

I hope the directness of the feedback is not taken as an attack, certainly not my intention.

But this is EXACTLY what many of us have wanted and I think you’d find this to be an explosive topic is VST/AU was announced.

I’d prepay. I’d crowd-fund. I’d buy a t-shirt. I’d post on social. I’d tell my friends, my peers, and after helping little old ladies across the street— I’d ask them if they had downloaded the demo.

Please consider. Sincerely and appreciatively.
Old 29th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ray View Post
Let’s keep this thread alive!!!

So very very very good sounding.

And thanks a LOT for developing this and letting it be free thus far.

I hope the directness of the feedback is not taken as an attack, certainly not my intention.

But this is EXACTLY what many of us have wanted and I think you’d find this to be an explosive topic is VST/AU was announced.

I’d prepay. I’d crowd-fund. I’d buy a t-shirt. I’d post on social. I’d tell my friends, my peers, and after helping little old ladies across the street— I’d ask them if they had downloaded the demo.

Please consider. Sincerely and appreciatively.

This.except the t-shirt bit.i'd buy a few mugs though
Old 5th February 2020
Gear Nut

It is never fun when something you have been putting a lot of time and energy into does not meet the expectations of the community it tries to address.

Here is what I plan to do:
- continue working on the web app, adding features (sequencer, etc.) and interoperability (midi note and sync)
- offering a stand alone version for windows and mac for a fee
- offering a VST effect plugin (as per hitsville suggestion above) for a fee
Old 5th February 2020
Gear Nut

SP12k 0.2.0 is online: https://rephase.org/sp12k

You can now choose the sample rate and bit depth, as well as the maximum sample duration.
The plan is to make this a per-channel feature, alongside filters, eq, volume/pan, etc.
Old 5th February 2020
Gear Addict
Quote:
Please ! I know most people love the sound, but for me it has always been the sequencer ( I owned 2 SP1200's ) thats where i found the "magic" lived in the SP
Old 5th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
It is never fun when something you have been putting a lot of time and energy into does not meet the expectations of the community it tries to address.

Here is what I plan to do:
- continue working on the web app, adding features (sequencer, etc.) and interoperability (midi note and sync)
- offering a stand alone version for windows and mac for a fee
- offering a VST effect plugin (as per hitsville suggestion above) for a fee
Please know that in many ways this EXCEEDED my expectations.

The VST is unquestionably the correct response to market demand.

Low Hiss is coming out with theirs.

I plan to support both.
Old 6th February 2020
Lives for gear

I would love to have this as a vst but stand alone will work as well. I have a mac mini collecting dust. Money in hand.
Old 7th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hey I think that on the contrary, most of us are excited by your project & how good it sounds! It's only the release format we had issues with.

It's generating a lot of interest & this is what you should focus on imo. We gearslutz are going to complain about something anyway. It's just tough love.
Old 7th February 2020
Gear Nut

Yeah, keep it up. It's great so far. Too good not to be a standalone / VST!
Old 7th February 2020
Gear Head

Not to distract from the great SP12k project (really fascinating stuff to play with a virtual SP12k in the browser), but there is now simultaneously someone who works on a plugin emulation of the SP1200. It seems that after we had the year of "tapes & cassettes", this year is going to be the "SP1200 year".

eSPi 1200: https://low-hiss.com/
Old 7th February 2020
TNC
Lives for gear

Wow. Someone with a SP1200 could process the same sound and share the comparison maybe?
Old 9th February 2020
Gear Nut

SP12k 0.2.1 got released yesterday: https://rephase.org/sp12k

Some improvement under the hood, increasing sound consistency from browser to browser.
Optional filter is now removed, and wav export sample rate is fixed to avoid resampling inside the browser (which can be low quality).
Old 9th February 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Please ! I know most people love the sound, but for me it has always been the sequencer ( I owned 2 SP1200's ) thats where i found the "magic" lived in the SP
The sequencer is not ready yet.
Be warned that it will not be a clone, but a "re-imagined" version taking advantage of the computer screen, hence a more graphical approach.
Anyway, more to come later, but do not hesitate to share the precise "magic" traits that you liked, so I can make sure I address those!
Old 9th February 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC View Post
Wow. Someone with a SP1200 could process the same sound and share the comparison maybe?
If you know of online demonstrations/comparisons of the sp1200 with known sources I could probably upload some of these original sources and let people play with the settings and compare.
Old 10th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
If you know of online demonstrations/comparisons of the sp1200 with known sources I could probably upload some of these original sources and let people play with the settings and compare.
Can’t wait to use it again when I’m home tonight

Instant favorite (despite the bowser-only limits... the sound makes it worth the workflow)

In addition to the features:

Unlimited sample time and more pads would be two ways that could substantially “improve” on the original.

If already planning to maximize the platform in ways that aren’t directly emulating the original, then these two would be very welcomed additions.

My .02
Old 12th February 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ray View Post
In addition to the features:

Unlimited sample time and more pads would be two ways that could substantially “improve” on the original.
Unlimited sampling time, yes that should be doable but will require some changes in the processing layout.

Regarding pads, having 8 on screen is a good compromise in term of UI, and lends itself nicely to multimodes. I would like to keep it an horizontal line with faders above, so a MPC-type grid is not an option (for now).
That does not mean all samples (from multiple banks, potentially unlimited) could not be actioned using the keyboard or with midi notes.
Old 12th February 2020
Gear Nut

I have a stand-alone PC version ready, with the same features as the current online alpha version
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear