The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica Audio releases Celestial. Xmas now sounds way better!
Old 3rd February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
Plug-ins sound as great as they ever have nowadays, but everyone has different tastes when it comes to specific aspects of working with audio. For me, I still prefer hardware compression on the 2 bus over even the best, well done hardware compressor emulation plug-ins out there. Software is sometimes a necessary compromise though, and that's where the really good stuff is a blessing to have.
Compression in general is still better on the analogue side, especially on high gain reduction. But we're getting close year after year.
Old 4th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Albazy View Post
Compression in general is still better on the analogue side, especially on high gain reduction. But we're getting close year after year.
Definitely, but that difference is much less crucial on a track by track basis than it is on the mix bus, where you are running everything through that processor.
Old 4th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
Definitely, but that difference is much less crucial on a track by track basis than it is on the mix bus, where you are running everything through that processor.
Agreed. HW mix bus compressors their main benefit IME is the way they handle the transients. I mean, I can compress without damaging the transients or making the mix goes inside the speaker (on fast attack) or making the mix sharp and spitting transients (on slower attack).

TBH not every HW compressor can do this, but I'm talking about the proven designs mainly here.

Now after all these years dealing with digital compressors, I'm pretty sure many of us have already figured out how to bring that analogue vibe using mainly plugins. It just requires more work and pays more attention to the fine details, and sometimes maybe using two different compressors and/or EQ'ing the mix pre and post the compressor, adding some sort of harmonics generator..etc.etc.
Old 4th February 2020
Gear Maniac

Sorry if this has been discussed before: Does anyone have more detail on the Teal Staging (even a plugindoctor graph)? The manual is pretty vague.
Old 4th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Albazy View Post
I'm pretty sure many of us have already figured out how to bring that analogue vibe using mainly plugins. It just requires more work and pays more attention to the fine details, and sometimes maybe using two different compressors and/or EQ'ing the mix pre and post the compressor, adding some sort of harmonics generator..etc.etc.
No doubt.

The more experience you have with the plug-ins you own, the easier that will be as well.

At the end of the day though, the processors you have, whether hardware or software, it's all just tools. Part of mastering your craft is knowing how to manipulate them for achieving a great mix, by any means. Exercising your creative insight and putting your technical abilities to the test when attempting to knock each mix you do out of the park is what makes doing this stuff so fun. And if you aren't having fun, it starts to feel too much like actual work.

Taste and preference should be the biggest deciding factor in how you choose to go about doing the work you do.
Old 4th February 2020
Lives for gear

Any updates on this plugin? I know there was talk about improving some things after launch.
Old 5th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
Any updates on this plugin? I know there was talk about improving some things after launch.
Yes, I thought Giancarlo mentioned taming the high boost more.
Old 6th February 2020
Lives for gear

Finally had some time to dedicate myself to this plugin. I have to admit, I have several AA plugins but always end up not using them due to the usual problems many of us have (CPU hogs etc).

I am super comfortable being ITB since 15 years but DO miss the sound quality of analog which gets me to write about Celestial.

Oh boy, this surely is a gem!! Even if it is way too CPU heavy on typical mixes (unless small and easy on CPU), I have set up a post-mixdown template in my audio editor of choice (Twisted Wave) with Celestial in an effect rack, where I run audio through after it's completed.

The analog, open, musical tone this plugin adds is pure gold. Just a tad of texture (barely ever going over 2) and harmonics (also keeping it very low), maybe VERY little eq boosts and some HF limiting and OMG...the A/B with the plugin on and off is

Digital highs: Bye bye
Tight and "real" sounding mids and bass: Hello

Thanks Gincarlo and AA Team. This is an incredible tool.

P.S. In some cases I prefered the MX version. MB version isn't necessarily the "better" one
Old 7th February 2020
Gear Addict

The main thing for me is how it smooths out the high end and fills in the gaps. I’ve never heard anything like it. Celestial is the real mix glue, that’s what it is.
Old 8th February 2020
Gear Head
Greetings Acustica Audio & Gearlsutz fam! I haven't posted here in ages! Anyway-Thank you very much AA for Celestial. It truly is a gem. I just started using it & read the Calendar (manual)...I want know the "Dimension" knob- It says that it is a low shelf with a fixed frequency. What is the fixed frequency number? Thank u
Old 8th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Supreme View Post
I just started using it & read the Calendar (manual)...I want know the "Dimension" knob- It says that it is a low shelf with a fixed frequency. What is the fixed frequency number? Thank u
The crossover setting in the Dynamics section.
Old 8th February 2020
Lives for gear
I'm still unable to get Celestial (or anything Aquarius) to show up in Pro Tools mac at all.
I SEE the downloads in my AAX plug ins folder (and a lot of extraneous stuff that looks like preset settings that really should be in preferences) but nothing shows up in Pro Tools

this is on Sierra and PT 2019.12

And I see from comments in various places that I am far from the only one having these installation issues.
Old 8th February 2020
Lives for gear

a bit off topic:

installed aquarius on my home mac for the first time yesterday, to try celestial here. today when I launch it, I get this update pop-up, that it will restart, then it crashes/doesn't re-open. it's weird because it worked yesterday. any clues? thanks.

btw: how many licenses are available for celestial?

edit: solved....downloaded update from homepage

Last edited by DrAudioBot; 8th February 2020 at 05:47 PM..
Old 11th February 2020
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwittman View Post
I'm still unable to get Celestial (or anything Aquarius) to show up in Pro Tools mac at all.
I SEE the downloads in my AAX plug ins folder (and a lot of extraneous stuff that looks like preset settings that really should be in preferences) but nothing shows up in Pro Tools

this is on Sierra and PT 2019.12

And I see from comments in various places that I am far from the only one having these installation issues.
Hi!
You can try 2 solutions available on our help desk:

How to overcome DAW/NLE scanning problems:
https://acusticaudio.freshdesk.com/s...nning-problems

Re-setting the Pro Tools plug-ins cache manually:
https://acusticaudio.freshdesk.com/s...cache-manually

Reinstalling is also a good way to solve issues.

If it still doesn't work please open a ticket to support.
Best regards.
Old 11th February 2020
Company Rep

Smile Extended!

Great News!!! Celestial suite is FREE to download until February 28th, 2020.
https://www.acustica-audio.com/pages/specials/celestial

Old 12th February 2020
Lives for gear

I saw posts about the high freq lift on the MB version, which seems to be related to the crossover of the HF limiter. Setting the band split below 6k reduces this issue drastically. And please fix the HPF being active when only LPF is being used.
Old 15th February 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAudioBot View Post
I saw posts about the high freq lift on the MB version, which seems to be related to the crossover of the HF limiter. Setting the band split below 6k reduces this issue drastically. And please fix the HPF being active when only LPF is being used.
Oh, so that's what I'm hearing - I do like this subtle push in the highs - it worked here every time so far. I vote to leave it as it is.
Old 19th February 2020
Here for the gear

Hi Slutz
I downloaded Aquarius and install last version for catalina
But when i want to install any plugin, at the end i can see : script failed
What can i do ?
CAN you help me please ??
Old 20th February 2020
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertagada View Post
Hi Slutz
I downloaded Aquarius and install last version for catalina
But when i want to install any plugin, at the end i can see : script failed
What can i do ?
CAN you help me please ??
Hi Albert! You can try this https://acusticaudio.freshdesk.com/s...n-for-aquarius or open a new ticket on our support for better assistance.
Best regards.
Old 21st February 2020
Lives for gear
Today I added CELESTIALMXZ to the drum bus to see what happens. After I enabled drive (and nothing else) I could immediately hear echo bug.
I am working with 48kHz.
Sadly it is unusable on that bus :(
Old 4 weeks ago
Company Rep

New Celestial Mastering edition - COMING SOON

New Celestial Mastering edition - COMING SOON

Our users have been asking for a version of the Celestial mix bus processor with ruler-flat frequency response, for precision mastering duties.

So we started tweaking things, but while the response was improved, it still wasn't possible to go fully flat due to both the architecture of the plugin itself and the nature of the hardware.

So we decided to develop an extra, dedicated plug-in for the suite called Celestial Mastering Edition, which differs from the other ones in that the mid-side encoding and the related controls (Elliptic and Dimension) all happen after the signal has been summed back together.

This approach allows for a truly flat response across the frequency range, something that is not possible in the hardware.

Free until March 2, 2020. The new price for the suite will be €149! Act fast.

Including new Celestial Mastering edition with ruler-flat frequency response

more info: https://www.acustica-audio.com/pages/specials/celestial
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

So this will be for the paid version only, or do those that already have Celestial get it also?
Old 4 weeks ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammydix View Post
So this will be for the paid version only, or do those that already have Celestial get it also?
Free for everyone who downloaded Celestial before March 2
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM View Post
Free for everyone who downloaded Celestial before March 2
*waves Italian flag from across the pond*
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

The update including Mastering version was available for me on Aquarius this morning.
Old 3 weeks ago
Company Rep

Exclamation Celestial Update

The time is up!

Starting now, the new pricing for the suite is fixed at €149 and included on the Big Ceil family bundle.

https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/ceil

Also, Celestial Mastering Edition is available now in Aquarius (free for those who downloaded Celestial before today)

Thank you all for your incredible feedback and support!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru
For a free plug in cost me a fortune!!! Led me to buying Diamond Gold Taupe and El Rey......
Old 3 weeks ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
For a free plug in cost me a fortune!!! Led me to buying Diamond Gold Taupe and El Rey......
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Lovin Celestial haven tried the new one yet, why this not added to Sand but to BigCeil is something I will never understand but I guess its not my business
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search