The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Quantica Audio releases Modula - The new standard in digital mixing
Old 26th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChick View Post
I bought Modula because I trust AA and my hopes are in this proyect. I’m not using yet because it need more development and stability.

IMHO it needs: Server implementation; DAW communication for naming-ordering tracks and transport; UI resizing for any monitor size; remote mapping for actual hardware controllers.

What I’d like to see in a near future:
Modular implementation: loading pres, eq and comp from different Acquas. Customized strips!
N4 implementation so you could add some N4 lib or libs to the strip.
Non limit to a only one aqua strip. Flexibility!
Maybe Modula Strip editor, where you could build your customized strip would be a solution...

I think if M4 doesn’t evolve soon, there is a high risk the proyect fail. My hopes are it could be great. We will see...
Well thought out, if it had all this I’d definitely be interested in buying. To call the title of the thread “the new standard in digital mixing” is bonkers without so many basic functions. Here’s to the future though, I’m staying positive and hoping it’s not a great white elephant
Old 26th January 2020
Gear Nut
Quote:
I bought Modula because I trust AA and my hopes are in this proyect. I’m not using yet because it need more development and stability.

IMHO it needs: Server implementation; DAW communication for naming-ordering tracks and transport; UI resizing for any monitor size; remote mapping for actual hardware controllers.

Modular implementation: loading pres, eq and comp from different Acquas. Customized strips!
Maybe Modula Strip editor, where you could build your customized strip would be a solution...

I think if M4 doesn’t evolve soon, there is a high risk the proyect fail. My hopes are it could be great. We will see...
A Modula Strip editor would be awesome... almost like a preset/setup from N4 type of deal.

I wonder what the difference in every ones set up is.. because I've had no stability issues (besides with running Pro Tools in admin and it freezing and labeling tracks stop working).

I'm on Windows 10, i9-7900x, Pro Tools 2019.10 and all has been pretty smooth...

First time Pro Tools and Acustica tools are working in my favor lol
Old 26th January 2020
Gear Head

Even though I'm rooting for them - the people at Acustica seem to be quite stubborn!

Instead of consolidating their existing tech in a simplified manner, they seem to be expanding in an awkward/convoluted manner.

Who, in their right mind would invest (likely) thousands of dollars on external server hardware, to run unstable plugins, attached to an incomplete framework/platform in 2020?!?

A proprietary Acustica Hardware DSP Box/Rack
would solve virtually all of the software problems (just look at UAD satellite boxes, or Waves Soundgrid).

Being able to chain Acustica DSP Boxes, or a Rack that consolidates the processing to a simple digital eco-system, would be a master stroke!

Imagine being able to run 16, 24, or 32 Acqua Channelstrips in realtime, without hogging all of your CPU resources.

Who wants to invest in ultra costly 3rd party servers with possibly endless compatibility issues between software, server and computer?

Why spend $3000 -$6000 to buy a new computer to run ever-demanding Acustica plugins, when an $800 - $1000 DSP Box could fulfil all of the required processing needs?

R&D would be costly but, a reliable system is PRICELESS for working professionals - hence the reason most people will continue to stick with UAD and completely avoid Modula, in spite of Acustica's superior sound.

I know someone with less than 10 posts, or even someone from Acustica will be right along to completely dismiss EVERYTHING I have just written, (even though it makes perfect sense to every rational person who frequently uses Acustica software!).

Without a sensible external DSP Solution, I believe this Modula System will unfortunately fail.......(feel free to come back to this very post in 2-3 years time, and see how it aged like fine wine!)

Last edited by Frellin' Smesh; 26th January 2020 at 02:15 PM..
Old 26th January 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:

Absolutely this!
Totally agree with everything you wrote.
I think it’s all gone a bit too quiet with the development of Modula, I hope they don’t think it’s anywhere near complete. Maybe the new UA product will make them up there game...
Old 27th January 2020
Gear Guru
Will Modula be compatible with Apple moving forward. Nebula seems to have some doubts about protocol detailed in the Nebula thread. I think Aquarius in general doesn't run the same way so no worries there?
Old 6th February 2020
Company Rep

pureMix Greg Wells Mixing Contest!!!

Now it's your turn to sit in Greg Wells' seat and mix "Lucky Number" from Bryce Drew for a chance to win one of three massive prize packages from our friends at Acustica Audio and Studio DMI, Including Greg's latest plugin, The El Rey Compressor.

1st Place: A full Acustica/ Studio DMI Diamond Series suite + Quantica Modula for the first place winner (<$1,200 package)
2nd Place: El Rey + two additional plugins (<$450 package)
3rd Place: El Rey (<$190)

Submit your track by 11:59 pm EST March 4th, 2020 for a chance to win big with Acustica Audio and Studio DMI

Winners will be announced in our special Livestream event with Greg Wells, happening Friday, March 13th at 1pm EST, where you will get to ask him all of your questions about the production of Lucky Number, his career, El Rey, and anything else you can think of!

Contest link: https://www.puremix.net/zelab-mixing...ryce-drew.html
Old 7th February 2020
Company Rep

Modula update Feb 7/2020

Modula Update is available.

- Various fixes and improvements.

For macOS users (all mac OSX users):

M4 "Aquarius Catalina Only" now works on all Mac OSX systems.

If you installed the standard (non-Catalina version) we suggest uninstalling Modula using Aquarius
(in the update page choose "uninstall" option beside M4) and install Modula "Catalina edition".
Old 14th February 2020
Company Rep

Exclamation Cola 2 and Cola2 M4

Cola 2. New core update and Modula version available!!!
INTRO PRICE 69.00€ [REG.159.00€] SAVE 56%

Cola is a beautiful emulation of a rare vintage British console from 1972, used to shape the immortal sound of iconic albums by AC/DC, Queen, Clash, Sex Pistols and many more.

Now, thanks to our latest CORE 15, the sonic DNA typical of this desk can be exploited to its full potential. Plus, we have also made the meters better, for more clear signal monitoring.

GET COLA M4 FOR FREE IF YOU ALREADY OWN BOTH THE ACQUA PLUG-IN AND MODULA!

Promo duration: February 14, 2020 / March 16, 2020 (11:59 pm GMT+1)

LINK: https://www.acustica-audio.com/pages.../cola-2-update

Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Pretty quite in here, can we get some updates on what's going with the tech?
Old 4 weeks ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightmosaic View Post
Pretty quite in here, can we get some updates on what's going with the tech?
Working on a nice surprise for this month
Stay tuned!
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quick question. Anobody know how to name the channel strips/tracks in modula?

Thanks!
Old 4 weeks ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeloySound View Post
Quick question. Anobody know how to name the channel strips/tracks in modula?

Thanks!
Channel properties (number, name and solo/mute group).
On the bottom of each channel. (Modula manual page 4)
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM View Post
Channel properties (number, name and solo/mute group).
On the bottom of each channel. (Modula manual page 4)
Thank you! My desktop background is all black and made it kinda disappear..
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

WE NEED only one thing : MODULA SERVER FOR UNLIMITED AA PLUGINS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frellin' Smesh View Post
Even though I'm rooting for them - the people at Acustica seem to be quite stubborn!

Instead of consolidating their existing tech in a simplified manner, they seem to be expanding in an awkward/convoluted manner.

Who, in their right mind would invest (likely) thousands of dollars on external server hardware, to run unstable plugins, attached to an incomplete framework/platform in 2020?!?

A proprietary Acustica Hardware DSP Box/Rack
would solve virtually all of the software problems (just look at UAD satellite boxes, or Waves Soundgrid).

Being able to chain Acustica DSP Boxes, or a Rack that consolidates the processing to a simple digital eco-system, would be a master stroke!

Imagine being able to run 16, 24, or 32 Acqua Channelstrips in realtime, without hogging all of your CPU resources.

Who wants to invest in ultra costly 3rd party servers with possibly endless compatibility issues between software, server and computer?

Why spend $3000 -$6000 to buy a new computer to run ever-demanding Acustica plugins, when an $800 - $1000 DSP Box could fulfil all of the required processing needs?

R&D would be costly but, a reliable system is PRICELESS for working professionals - hence the reason most people will continue to stick with UAD and completely avoid Modula, in spite of Acustica's superior sound.

I know someone with less than 10 posts, or even someone from Acustica will be right along to completely dismiss EVERYTHING I have just written, (even though it makes perfect sense to every rational person who frequently uses Acustica software!).

Without a sensible external DSP Solution, I believe this Modula System will unfortunately fail.......(feel free to come back to this very post in 2-3 years time, and see how it aged like fine wine!)
HO GOD !!!!!! THANK YOU !!!!!

This is the MOST important message of this entire thread and forum about acustica audio Modula.

As many people, I own almost everything at acustica audio......But...this company should focus on ONE UNIQUE THING !!!!! The only thing customers need for now is to "Use more and more AA plugins".....ALL AROUND THE WORLD...It's THE SAME PROBLEM.....WE WANT TO USE INFINITE PLUGINS LIKE IN A ANALOG CONSOLE.......I would like to use ONLY AA plugin...but I can't......even if I have a 2018 i7 macmini with 64giga ram and Ableton live....I have to "still improve" my workflow on big Midi project by freezing etc..Etc...cause acustica plugin EAT a lot of CPU.....At this sime...i'ts impossible to put 1 AA plugin on each track.....it's quite frustrating....

...Right now we don't need touch screen...We don't need " HYPE"....we know this company tries to seduce " professional analog engeneers"...who want to keep their analog console workflow .........BUT all that HYPE could come AFTER.....for now.....we just want to use unlimited AA plugins on our Projects....without having to change DAW or COMPUTER......it's pretty easy to understand i think....... SO the most important annoucement for US....will Be the MODULA SERVER....OR/AND..... A proprietary (OR NOT) Acustica Hardware DSP Box/Rack to have UNLIMITED AA products.......all other thing...it's HYPE and FASHION.

I am waiting for UAD LUNA DAW (got 5 octo satellite in our studio)....wich can support 3rd party plugin....SO I hope... Maybe AA plugin will be supported By UAD DSP Satellite (we can dream about it.....) !!!!

SO Please Acustica.....We can put 4000 dollars or more an a big big DSP SERVER FOR YOUR plugins.....so....Give us That thing !!!! thank you...

RGDS,
Old 2 weeks ago
Company Rep

LIME2 out now! + LIME2 for Quantica Modula

LIME2 is now out! More juice for your mix!
Already own Lime? The update is FREE for current users!

Want to add it to your setup? Save 55% off Lime 2 during the intro period and get it for as low as €89 (reg.€199).
Plus, if you have a Loyalty Coupon you can save even more by applying your personal voucher at checkout!
Link: https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/lime

LIME2 for Quantica Modula.
Coming very soon! If you own both the Lime plug-in and the Modula software,
you can download the M4 channel strip version of Lime completely free and use it in your mixing projects right away.
Don't own Modula? Learn more here: https://www.acustica-audio.com/pages/modula

Old 4 days ago
Jus
Lives for gear

How do I authorize Modula?

I did some tests with the trial version, they were ok. But I do not seem to be able to authorize the commercial version that I bought.

Yes, I've watched the video instructions.

In Aquarius I don't see any M4 version of my Acustica plugins ( I have almost all), only Magenta M4 Trial version shows up.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

What’s the Quantica surprise you talking about AcousticaCM, when is it coming?
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

I don ´ t need another plugin! But they say this plugin is the new industry standard in mixing! Is there anyone who can live without it nowadays?
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by filterfreak View Post
I don ´ t need another plugin! But they say this plugin is the new industry standard in mixing! Is there anyone who can live without it nowadays?
When one day it is stable and no time is wasted from giving unexpected errors that even kill the DAW then it might be a must.
Old 3 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by denork View Post
When one day it is stable and no time is wasted from giving unexpected errors that even kill the DAW then it might be a must.
And the rest, integration with DAW is woeful
Old 3 days ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus View Post
How do I authorize Modula?

I did some tests with the trial version, they were ok. But I do not seem to be able to authorize the commercial version that I bought.

Yes, I've watched the video instructions.

In Aquarius I don't see any M4 version of my Acustica plugins ( I have almost all), only Magenta M4 Trial version shows up.
Hi Jus, you should uninstall the trial first and install the commercial version (not the legacy one) If you purchased Modula and doesn't shows up in Aquarius even doing a search please open a ticket to our support so they can check your account. Best regards.

Last edited by AcusticaCM; 3 days ago at 01:34 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 3 days ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmo View Post
What’s the Quantica surprise you talking about AcousticaCM, when is it coming?
One was Lime2 for Modula, and there's another surprise on the way!
Old 22 hours ago
Company Rep

Save Big on Modula

Take 30% off through May 2nd using code “30Limein”

Lime joins Diamond Color EQ, Gold, Magenta, Cola, and Taupe as a part of the Quantica Family and is available for Modula!

To celebrate the new addition we are now providing 30% off on Modula through May 2nd.

https://quanticaaudio.com/downloads/
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search