The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
BOOM Library releases DeBird – A tool for removal of bird noise from sound recordings
Old 16th December 2019
News Desk Editor

BOOM Library releases DeBird – A tool for removal of bird noise from sound recordings

BOOM Library releases DeBird – A tool for removal of bird noise from sound recordings-debird.png

BOOM Library releases DeBird – A tool for automatic removal of bird noise from sound recordings

(December 16th, 2019, Mainz, Germany) – BOOM Library, producer of high-quality sound effects and audio tools, released their brand-new automated bird noise removal tool DeBird.

DeBird automatically recognizes bird noises in audio recordings and removes them with a single click. It works as a standalone application without a host DAW or NLE.

Conventional Removing Of Bird Noises

In a professional post-production workflow, where sound recordings must be absolutely clean and accurate, birdcalls can ruin entire sessions. As a result, audio professionals have to spend countless hours cleaning their recordings manually before they can focus on the creative process.

Removing Bird Noises with Machine Learning
Utilizing Deep Learning, DeBird identifies bird noises in a provided file and automatically cleans it within seconds. This non-destructive process keeps your source files unaltered. As a side effect you can also solo out the bird sounds, if desired. Keeping some of the sounds is possible as you can mark and exclude them from the removal process. Consequently, recording sessions do not have to be planned at night anymore or require any invasive methods such as scaring off birds.

The machine learning algorithm removes bird sounds without audible loss of the desired sound frequencies. It keeps learning on the job and will improve over time. To improve the neural network the guys at BOOM Library continuously feed the algorithm with recordings of birds. You can participate by sending them any files DeBird struggles with. More information about that can be found on the product page: http://www.boomlibrary.com/sound-eff...#improvedebird

Prices and availability:
DeBird comes with an introductory discounted price of 159,20€ ($175.20) until December 19. The regular price is 199,00€ ($219.00). A 7 days free trial is also available.

Visit: http://www.boomlibrary.com/sound-effects/debird/ to get your hands on the tool or test it 7 days for free.
Attached Thumbnails
BOOM Library releases DeBird – A tool for removal of bird noise from sound recordings-debird.png  
Old 16th December 2019
Lives for gear

wondering how often somebody has unwanted bird noise in a recording
Old 17th December 2019
Lives for gear

Birds are great, why would anyone want less birds in their recordings?

If anything I'd like more birds in my recordings, is there an option for adding birds?
Old 17th December 2019
Gear Maniac

Now the real question - will it remove Mariah Carey?
Old 17th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAudioBot View Post
wondering how often somebody has unwanted bird noise in a recording
Down here in SE Texas, there are birds all about in this area during certain times of the year. They make special appearances all over recordings. I even know a band that named their album/EP 'For the Birds' - because they were so loud on the raw tracks.
Old 17th December 2019
Lives for gear

Just unplug the tweeters.
Old 17th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitsville View Post
Birds are great, why would anyone want less birds in their recordings?

If anything I'd like more birds in my recordings, is there an option for adding birds?
That’s the ReBird plugin you’re after.
Old 17th December 2019
Gear Nut

This could be useful sometimes. But I would prefer it to be one added process is RX7 instead of a separate application.
Old 17th December 2019
Lives for gear

I thought at first that this was a plug to remove mp3 artifacts from old poor conversions, those tweety birds. I wonder what this would do to the songs I've made with intentional birdsong heavily layered, but i don't wonder enough to justify downloading something so spendy, as a curiosity.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search