2) Default V6 mix

Click for 4K image

3) Alternate V6 arrange

Click for 4K image

4) Alternate V6 mix

Click for 4K image
Old 24th December 2019
Lives for gear

Thx bose! Is there a none 4k version. Really appriciate ur will to share (like always).

Happy holiday season.
Old 24th December 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

21 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling View Post
Thx bose! Is there a none 4k version. Really appriciate ur will to share (like always).

Happy holiday season.
It's only 4k at this point (well, when he releases it anyway). b0se mentioned a 1080p version would come soon after.
Old 25th December 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling View Post

Happy holiday season.
Hey man, you too :¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
It's only 4k at this point (well, when he releases it anyway). b0se mentioned a 1080p version would come soon after.
Yeah, V1 will be HiDPI/Retina only (I use a 65" TV as main monitor so that was my preference). Myself and another Reaper forum member (Nait) will work on a standard resolution version after xmas/NY.

Old 25th December 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Reaper noob question: How does the mac version compare to the PC version as far as CPU goes?? Also how does the mac version compare to LPX CPU wise??
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by profvonsok View Post
Reaper noob question: How does the mac version compare to the PC version as far as CPU goes?? Also how does the mac version compare to LPX CPU wise??
Mac version is terribly efficient more than any other DAW I have ever tried (and I did try most of them). It makes you wonder what magic is behind this piece of great code.

To give you an example on the same fairly low specs Mac computer I couldn't run more than one instance of L316 from Waves with full buffer size etc.

I remember with Reaper on the same Mac I was putting dozens of those and no hiccups...
Old 25th December 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Reaper is such a sweet piece of software. Nothing gets close. V6 didn't blew me out of the water to be fair: standard graphic is not great in my opinion as it feels clumsy and confusing for many things, worse than standard v5 theme. Just matter of readability and user friendliness. But old themes work and Dark Matter theme is my favourite.
The only real improvement I like is to have Solo and Mute button on the side bar always visible even when zoomed with the track smallest. But this doesn't translate to Dark Matter theme albeit I am sure I could program this mod (maybe someone knows?). The idea of controls in mixer of TCP is good albeit limited to very few plugins and anyway you always could use the plug in parameters before (without graphics though). I just don't understand why you need to chose between mixer or TCP to show the graphics?
Also another question is: why does reaper 6 takes double the hard drive space comparing to v5? 120+MB vs 64 or about? I know we are in the smallest DAW of today but I just wonder what makes the size double in one update. Maybe the retina graphic? (Which I do not use)?
Love Reaper - nothing compares
Old 25th December 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Wow, b0se, that is a beautiful theme you've created there, really lovely. Look forward to a 1080 version so I can use it on my lowly 21" monitors!

Thank you. I had a go at customising a theme a few years ago and I know it's not a 5 minute job by any stretch, so I can only imagine the amount of time and effort you've put in to this
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
Wow, b0se, that is a beautiful theme you've created there, really lovely. Look forward to a 1080 version so I can use it on my lowly 21" monitors!

Thank you. I had a go at customising a theme a few years ago and I know it's not a 5 minute job by any stretch, so I can only imagine the amount of time and effort you've put in to this
Thanks! It's taken a lot of effort/hours. Enjoyed it though!
Old 26th December 2019 | Show parent
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastconcept View Post
Recently I came across this amazing looking "Nova" theme on YouTube. Unfortunately the link to the stash is broken (error message "The requested file does not exist.").

Does anyone know whether we can download it from somewhere and if it's still updated now and then by the theme-developer? There is an email address below the video though, so maybe I will reach out to the person and ask.

PS. watch the video in full screen mode, you'll love it :-)
Hi. I actually use this theme. It's called Soundstudio. It looks like it's no longer in the Reaper Stash for some reason (probably because it is old).

I have attached the zip I downloaded of it a year ago. I hope I did it right.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Soundstudio.Zip (557.6 KB, 81 views)
Old 3rd January 2020 | Show parent
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I had to do quite a few tests on Reaper recently, to try to figure out an odd midi recording behavior. I think it turned out to not be being caused by Reaper in fact. but it provided me a good idea. those recent delay track offsets they have put in V6 would be really handy if they could be set as grid based offsets. because especially in the case of triggering external midi and monitoring it back through Reaper, if you set them to grid based values, then when you change the tempo in Reaper, the Midi Tracks you set to a grid value, should change with the tempo. whereas with milliseconds, they likely wouldn't.
Old 3rd January 2020
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
FYI for HiDPI/Retina users, my Smooth 6 theme (V1) has been released :¬)

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=228983

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post

Incredibly good looking theme!!! Anxiously waiting for the "normal" resolution theme, it will be my one and only theme
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Software

Quote:

Very, very impressive!

Thank you so much for the hard work, bOse
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Software

@ Bose , please join the conversation in the latest AirWindows thread (see link below):

Airwindows Baxandall (!!!)

I think Chris (he uses Reaper as well) may be open for working on a compelling GUI for his amazing set of plugins.

Maybe you could offer your designing skills?

Old 3rd January 2020
Lives for gear

Good work @ b0se . Waiting also on the norm resolution.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish View Post
Incredibly good looking theme!!! Anxiously waiting for the "normal" resolution theme, it will be my one and only theme
Absolutely this
Gear Head

I'm not a Reaper user, but that theme looks absolutely gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 6b99500 View Post
Same regarding Ableton. Want to be fully Reaper but midi drives me crazy sometimes, been looking for some kind of external midi editor but no joy so far
I tried Reaper a couple of times (since version 3 I think) over all these years, but never clicked with it for MIDI based compositions. Sure, there might be ways to customize it to a point where it would behave more similar to what you are used to from Ableton, Logic or Cubase when you produce electronic / hiphop / trap etc music that relies on MIDI / virtual instruments. But I always ended up being disappointed

As a longtime Cubase user (which to me represents the quasi standard or "best practice" in the way a DAW is supposed to handle basic MIDI and audio tasks) it was easy for me to work in Logic or even Ableton (which is pattern based, but still follows "best practice" standards overall. But Reaper, while (or due to) being highly flexible and customizable, has a lot of idiosyncrasies in the way it does things. These issues manifest even in the most basic functions, eg setting up a loop on the timeline and recording a MIDI "item".

I think the Reaper developers don't understand MIDI based / electronic music workflows, but rather had classical recording / tracking tasks on their mind, when they designed the basic premises of the application. It's very evident that they don't understand the requirements of modern music production.

Conclusio: Don't look for Reaper if you want Ableton Live style workflow. You will search in vein. There is even an addon for Reaper that has a Ableton style Session View, but this will still not give you the overall workflow and functions of Ableton. What makes you thing that you need to switch from Ableton to Reaper in the first place? Bitwig would be a much more reasonable alternative to Ableton, if you like the general approach.
Old 3rd January 2020
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Cheers guys! Took a lot of hours/effort :¬)

Standard res will be later this month.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

Standard res will be later this month.
Definitely interested in this - superb work!!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Totally understand! Your hard work and effort is appreciated big time - I look forward to the standard version - whenever it appears
Old 4th January 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNTMNTL View Post
It's very evident that they don't understand the requirements of modern music production.
Come on, that's a hilarious statement.

Quote:
I'm not a Reaper user
Ah....I see.

I use both and I have Reaper acting just like Ableton (and then some).
It's has more features than Live for "modern music production".
Yeah it doesn't have a session view. I don't care about that.

You have to spend a lot of time to get it the way you want, which in my case was copying the Ableton drag and drop, two window workflow.
Once you do that you can get busy exploring other good stuff such as rendering, warping, mouse hover functions, item fx, custom scripts, spectral editing, etc. So much stuff.

Last edited by wafa; 4th January 2020 at 12:27 PM..
Old 5th January 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I'm not a Reaper user, but that theme looks absolutely gorgeous!

I tried Reaper a couple of times (since version 3 I think) over all these years, but never clicked with it for MIDI based compositions. Sure, there might be ways to customize it to a point where it would behave more similar to what you are used to from Ableton, Logic or Cubase when you produce electronic / hiphop / trap etc music that relies on MIDI / virtual instruments. But I always ended up being disappointed

As a longtime Cubase user (which to me represents the quasi standard or "best practice" in the way a DAW is supposed to handle basic MIDI and audio tasks) it was easy for me to work in Logic or even Ableton (which is pattern based, but still follows "best practice" standards overall. But Reaper, while (or due to) being highly flexible and customizable, has a lot of idiosyncrasies in the way it does things. These issues manifest even in the most basic functions, eg setting up a loop on the timeline and recording a MIDI "item".

I think the Reaper developers don't understand MIDI based / electronic music workflows, but rather had classical recording / tracking tasks on their mind, when they designed the basic premises of the application. It's very evident that they don't understand the requirements of modern music production.

Conclusio: Don't look for Reaper if you want Ableton Live style workflow. You will search in vein. There is even an addon for Reaper that has a Ableton style Session View, but this will still not give you the overall workflow and functions of Ableton. What makes you thing that you need to switch from Ableton to Reaper in the first place? Bitwig would be a much more reasonable alternative to Ableton, if you like the general approach.
You make it sound like bitwig and ableton are the only programs suited for electronic music .
Not everyone is into clip-launching stuff , the genre of music doesn't matter at all
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentleclockdivid View Post
You make it sound like bitwig and ableton are the only programs suited for electronic music .
Not everyone is into clip-launching stuff , the genre of music doesn't matter at all
Indeed

I am fluent in using Regions and fast copy/paste those in a flash so I dont need clip based playthrough at all. Not so realtime yes but faster in composition if you know more or less how you want your arrangement to work out.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:

Followed it to the letter on Windows 7 laptop... Reaper 64 bit version 6.02... doesnt come out as Smooth as I'd wish. The theme overlay bits are not loaded?

I will try this on my Mac today later.Hopefully it works out there in the studio!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musician View Post
Indeed

I am fluent in using Regions and fast copy/paste those in a flash so I dont need clip based playthrough at all. Not so realtime yes but faster in composition if you know more or less how you want your arrangement to work out.
Not to mention there is the awesome region playlist.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouroki View Post
Not to mention there is the awesome region playlist.
Indeed.

Anyone should read this: https://www.soundonsound.com/techniq...ranging-reaper
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Nice, only $60., and my last $60. Took me 9 years. Constantly evolving and no crashes here and I’m using WIN7 on older pc.
Old 11th January 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Anyone know if the render tracks through master buss bug was fixed?

Dynamics plugins on the master chain do not react the same as they do during a full mix down. Meaning, combining the tracks in a new project won't null with a mix down.
Old 12th January 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
Anyone know if the render tracks through master buss bug was fixed?

Dynamics plugins on the master chain do not react the same as they do during a full mix down. Meaning, combining the tracks in a new project won't null with a mix down.
How would the master bus processing react the same if you’re just rendering some of the tracks? The only way to do that would be to have all the other tracks going to the sidechain of your dynamics plugs. Is there some DAW that does this for you?

Unless I’m misunderstanding something...
📝 Reply