The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How would your music sound in a perfect room? A supernatural reverb from denise
Old 18th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Collins View Post
I´m certainly not somebody who blames a developer without reason.
I´d rather defend them - as you can see in other posts of mine.

But not getting replies since last November and at the same time receiving a lot of ads can upset you, don´t you think?

They also answer questions here but constantly ignore the PB problem.
A simple "sorry, we´re working on it" and/ or an update link would be fine.

Btw. I wouldn´t even care if they would offer update downloads for everybody.
As having almost heard nothing for 3 months from Softube support, although bought around 90% of their plugins over the years, I think I can understand you quite well. Having the proportions in mind and regarding the activity here in the forum I also think Denise is trying okay. I don't know your special case, it's hard to say anything about that. But November last year? Wow...
Old 18th September 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichttuntun View Post
As having almost heard nothing for 3 months from Softube support, although bought around 90% of their plugins over the years, I think I can understand you quite well. Having the proportions in mind and regarding the activity here in the forum I also think Denise is trying okay. I don't know your special case, it's hard to say anything about that. Cheers
I hope they don´t want to step in the shoes of Softube and the like .

My case is not special at all, as you can read in other posts here.
Old 18th September 2020
It's really sad to see a company that spends a lot of attention to advertisements and social media, but spends almost no time at the troubles their customers have. Makes you think.

I've seen a lot of developers here on GS that are working alone or maybe in a small team of two that can do updates daily and can respond to technical questions. (Hornet, Tokyo Dawn Labs, TB Pro audio (DSEQ))

Denise.audio have a marketing guy half-active here named Joe that cannot answer anything technically. A shame, really.
Old 18th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikkers View Post
It's really sad to see a company that spends a lot of attention to advertisements and social media, but spend almost no time at the troubles their customers have. Makes you think.

I've seen a lot of developers here on GS that are working alone or maybe in a small team of two that can do updates daily and can respond to technical questions. (Hornet, Tokyo Dawn Labs, TB Pro audio (DSEQ))

Denise.audio have a marketing guy half-active here named Joe that cannot answer anything technically. A shame, really.
I think they just started something at the beginning of our what reason soever. It became a bit of a thing and till now they never worked on deeper business structures and concepts as well as business phylosophy. Such a thing can work very well but completely down you under an avalanche of it crossed a certain threshold. Again just a guess.
Old 18th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Collins View Post
I hope they don´t want to step in the shoes of Softube and the like .

My case is not special at all, as you can read in other posts here.
I don't know. I can imagine that very ambitious guys do want to develop something like a million seller like Softube. But in the end its so good that there are people like Raimund from Fuse Audio and now in fusion with Neold, who have a clear vision, a strong worked out concept, the ability to keep up continuous quality workflow, the ambition, the passion and the talent. This all combined with the virtue not to be greedy. A very rare gift.

Great examples of small companies which did it :
GLITCHMACHINES
U-HE
NEURAL DSP
TONE2
SONIC CHARGE
KLANGHELM
KUSH UBK
AUDIORITY
GFORCE
ACCSONE (CRUSHER X)
ALY JAMES
PLOGUE ART ET TECHNOLOGY
DMG
FABFILTER
MERCURIALL
KAZROG
AUDIO THING
SUGAR BYTES
APPLIED ACCUSTIC AUDIO
PULSAR
HORNET
ROB PAPEN
SYNAPSE
VENGEANCE
MOK (WAVERAZOR)
CRAVE DSP
BLACK ROOSTER AUDIO

to name just a few which come into mind. Excellent services, high quality plugins.
Old 18th September 2020
Quote:
I think they just started something at the beginning of our what reason soever. It became a bit of a thing and till now they never worked on deeper business structures and concepts as well as business phylosophy. Such a thing can work very well but completely down you under an avalanche of it crossed a certain threshold. Again just a guess.
I'm not the type of person that is going to guess. Certainly not in favor of a company with a lot of advertisments and youtube videos and not being able to answer technical questions on a forum like GS.

As i said in my previous post, there are a lot of developers working alone or with 2 persons. And they do far more than you would normally expect from a plugin company.

Soundspot/Denise.audio are not a company from yesterday. They already have a lot of sales through pluginboutique due to their extreme low pricing. So guess what you want, but you will not convince me at all.
Old 18th September 2020
Quote:
I don't know. I can imagine that very ambitious guys do want to develop something like a million seller like Softube. But in the end its so good that there are people like Raimund from Fuse Audio and now in fusion with Neold, who have a clear vision, a strong worked out concept, the ability to keep up continuous quality workflow, the ambition, the passion and the talent. This all combined with the virtue not to be greedy. A very rare gift.

Great examples of small companies which did it :
GLITCHMACHINES
U-HE
NEURAL DSP
TONE2
SONIC CHARGE
KLANGHELM
KUSH UBK
AUDIORITY
GFORCE
ACCSONE (CRUSHER X)
ALY JAMES
PLOGUE ART ET TECHNOLOGY
DMG
FABFILTER
MERCURIALL
KAZROG
AUDIO THING
SUGAR BYTES
APPLIED ACCUSTIC AUDIO
PULSAR
HORNET
ROB PAPEN
SYNAPSE
VENGEANCE
MOK (WAVERAZOR)
BLACK ROOSTER AUDIO

to name just a few which come into mind. Excellent services, high quality plugins.
Please add TB Pro Audio.
He works alone, and in his DSEQ topic here on GS he more than once delivers updates after just 1 day. Response time is even better.

That's a day and night difference with Denis.audio/Soundspot.
Old 18th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikkers View Post
I'm not the type of person that is going to guess. Certainly not in favor of a company with a lot of advertisments and youtube videos and not being able to answer technical questions on a forum like GS.

As i said in my previous post, there are a lot of developers working alone or with 2 persons. And they do far more than you would normally expect from a plugin company.

Soundspot/Denise.audio are not a company from yesterday. They already have a lot of sales through pluginboutique due to their extreme low pricing. So guess what you want, but you will not convince me at all.
I guess you got something wrong here. I don't want to convince you about anything. That's why I am just thinking / guessing and not starting something. Okay?

PS. watch the list I edited in on the last post
Old 18th September 2020
Gear Head

Warning about Denise

Good News!

I just got an email from Joe @ Denise -very apologetic. He placed my serial number in my account.

My "Perfectroom" reverb is now authorized!

I really hope Joe gets to every person that's had this issue.

I was mostly upset because I wouldn't have this plugin to use. Perfectroom is a great reverb.

Old 19th September 2020
Gear Head

Warning about Denise

I you haven't been able to authorize your Denise plugin, try to email support now, since it looks like, or as Joe from Denise said, it was a system error that's been fixed.

Maybe this thread helped get things moving or it's a coincidence but they say it's fixed now.
Old 19th September 2020
Lives for gear

I’m sure they run under some technical problems trying to resolve them.
Denise is a company making amazing plugins and I believe nobody in the end will stay unhappy.
I had also some problems last week with the authorization of Perfect Room, I emailed them and after 3-4 days they responded apologizing and resolving the issue.
Old 20th September 2020
Lives for gear

Looks like I need to wait a bit longer before trying to update. RIght now with the previous version I set up a sound I like in perfect room and print it. From what I gathered with the panning/phase issues was it general occured when reopening a project or using short verb tails.

It is a real shame that they have such a winning algo here but are kind of trippying over themselves rolling out other products. Too bad because after waiting months for a 'fix' I've passed on trying anything else they put out.

But once perfect room works without headache (and it is worth it for the sound!) I will venture back to try their other offerings. Like a greta piece of hardware that keeps blowing a tube. You deal with it for the sound you get when it works properly.
Old 21st September 2020
Gear Maniac

Hi all,

I want to offer our apologies for the delay in dealing with this users request. We're currently in the middle of preparing for a launch for a new plugin and it can take us up to 7 days to respond to emails. Apologies for any delay at this time, but all questions will be answered and responded to.

Best,
Joe
Old 21st September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise.Audio View Post
Hi all,

I want to offer our apologies for the delay in dealing with this users request. We're currently in the middle of preparing for a launch for a new plugin and it can take us up to 7 days to respond to emails. Apologies for any delay at this time, but all questions will be answered and responded to.

Best,
Joe
Hey Joe. Good move.

I think you are on the best way to become a second "Sknote". It fits completely in the picture and it´s very disappointing you shout out a new plugin while the latest 2 plugins are still buggy, small sized, unfinished in one word. First and last plugins I ever bought from you. Cheers
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Hey Joe. Good move.

I think you are on the best way to become a second "Sknote". It fits completely in the picture and it´s very disappointing you shout out a new plugin while the latest 2 plugins are still buggy, small sized, unfinished in one word. First and last plugins I ever bought from you. Cheers
Hey nichttuntun,

thanks for your comment.

We've spent that last months prioritising repairing the GM and PR plugins before our forthcoming release. Resizing for the PR will come on the next update.

All the best,
Joe
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise.Audio View Post
Hey nichttuntun,

thanks for your comment.

We've spent that last months prioritising repairing the GM and PR plugins before our forthcoming release. Resizing for the PR will come on the next update.

All the best,
Joe
Hi. I start to think that's finally true and I'm still waiting relatively patient. As I saw your new Plate plugin is actually resizable it seems like you really already heard the voices.

For Perfect Room I still have - beside the necessary improvements - one essential feature request, I think which actually should not miss in a room simulator, especially not if it has "perfect" in it

Please add an extra section for Early/ Late Reflection. And especially in the ER department it is important having the size of ER changeable. In fact the ER creates the perception of a real space into a mix. You first create this ER perception around the audio and than further place the instrument into it while increasing the ER-LR relation and the room size. This is an incredible technique to give each group or single instruments it's very own space in a mix. It also works perfectly and very clear for dense mixes even with ER on 100% and no tail at all. You have amazing mixing power with that feature alone and it would lift your plugin one big step up.

Reverbs like R-Verb, Valhalla Room, DMG Hyperspace and some others have this feature and if you know how to use this, you don't want to miss this on other rooms any more.

Any chance adding this option? Cheers
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Hi all,

I wanted to drop by to share a review of the Perfect Room in Sound on Sound Magazine:

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews...o-perfect-room

What would you say to their assessment of the plugin?

Best,
Joe
📝 Reply