The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How would your music sound in a perfect room? A supernatural reverb from denise
Old 8th May 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by profvonsok View Post
Is a perfect room one that sounds different everytime you load it???
Hey profvonsok,

I believe that you're talking about the edge case with the programmed randomness at very low room settings.

I can confirm that we're working on a solution to this edge case as we speak, and will be releasing an update which solves this in the coming weeks

Best,
Joe
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise.Audio View Post
Awesome, man.

Glad to hear it!
You´re welcome. Looking foreward for the future with you and your plugins. Keep up the great work
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichttuntun View Post
You´re welcome. Looking foreward for the future with you and your plugins. Keep up the great work
Thank you! And what a great way to end the week for our team, as the Perfect Room has been named one of the best plugins by Produce Like A Pro.

https://producelikeapro.com/blog/best-reverb-plugins/

Have a great weekend!
Joe
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thank you! And what a great way to end the week for our team, as the Perfect Room has been named one of the best plugins by Produce Like A Pro.

https://producelikeapro.com/blog/best-reverb-plugins/

Have a great weekend!
Joe
Haha, indeed. Yes, that guy got good taste and is experienced with hardware and real room recording, so I´d say that word counts a lot. Beside that, looking at the smile on the face of David from MixbusTV you know you can´t go wrong either...Hey Leute, jetzt heisst es am Ball bleiben, und das plugin einfach noch besser machen und vielleicht noch eins, zwei weitere Optionen zum tweaken einzubauen...dieses Ding wird so richtig rocken. Für mich ist Perfect Room ein wegweisender Schritt in der digitalen Welt. Welch ein Jahr, erst Unisum und nun das hier, sensationell .
Old 13th May 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Haha, indeed. Yes, that guy got good taste and is experienced with hardware and real room recording, so I´d say that word counts a lot. Beside that, looking at the smile on the face of David from MixbusTV you know you can´t go wrong either...Hey Leute, jetzt heisst es am Ball bleiben, und das plugin einfach noch besser machen und vielleicht noch eins, zwei weitere Optionen zum tweaken einzubauen...dieses Ding wird so richtig rocken. Für mich ist Perfect Room ein wegweisender Schritt in der digitalen Welt. Welch ein Jahr, erst Unisum und nun das hier, sensationell .
Danke, Mann!
Old 13th May 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Danke, Mann!
Hey guys, you´re welcome (gerne)
Old 14th May 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Hi guys, I want to help a bit. I found a bug in Cubase Pro8 / VST3-version.
Perfect Room was insertet in an EFX chain in a mix session. BTW it sounded beautiful. Due to its heavy CPU usage, I dialed the tone in and than bypassed it. But everytime I do this, the track it´s on loses its time code and playes outside the rythm. Only thing that helped is putting it on again or deleting it...a fix would be nice. Thank you guys.
Old 3rd June 2020 | Show parent
GBP
Gear Addict

As I pointed out in the God Mode thread over 3 weeks ago, still with no reply from Joe or Denise Audio. Seems to be conveniently overlooked and ignored! Will post here now as well.....Perhaps you can concentrate on fixing your plugins to work properly and as intended, as well as researching options to make the GUI expandable...

Hi Joe,

Has the PDC reporting in “perfect room” been fixed yet or in progress in relation to when the plugin has been bypassed. I am working in Cubase ( I know Ableton has some strange behaviour of not reporting properly in general) but when I bypass perfect room there is a delay/echo happening.

I know that this has been reported some time ago and you are aware of this. In all honesty I have not looked to see if there is an update yet. Hoping there might be less delay in samples as well

The plug is very high in latency for this type, around 100 samples and this delay/echo happens on a return. If testing other plugins on the return there is no echo when they are bypassed and all is normal, but “perfect room isn’t !! It causes a delay/echo when bypassed so can’t be reporting properly, I guess.....
Lives for gear

There's more than one thing that make Perfect Room less than it's name. Anyone with issues is a edge case.
GBP
Gear Addict

Quote:
Anyone with issues is a edge case.
Not sure what you mean here, please explain?
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP View Post
As I pointed out in the God Mode thread over 3 weeks ago, still with no reply from Joe or Denise Audio. Seems to be conveniently overlooked and ignored! Will post here now as well.....Perhaps you can concentrate on fixing your plugins to work properly and as intended, as well as researching options to make the GUI expandable...

Hi Joe,

Has the PDC reporting in “perfect room” been fixed yet or in progress in relation to when the plugin has been bypassed. I am working in Cubase ( I know Ableton has some strange behaviour of not reporting properly in general) but when I bypass perfect room there is a delay/echo happening.

I know that this has been reported some time ago and you are aware of this. In all honesty I have not looked to see if there is an update yet. Hoping there might be less delay in samples as well

The plug is very high in latency for this type, around 100 samples and this delay/echo happens on a return. If testing other plugins on the return there is no echo when they are bypassed and all is normal, but “perfect room isn’t !! It causes a delay/echo when bypassed so can’t be reporting properly, I guess.....
I am also a Cubase user, and I get some very funky behavior when I bypass Perfect Room. Something is not right, for sure.
Old 4th June 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

This bug must be a Texas sized one that refuses to be zapped! In the mean time, bouncing is a workaround.
Old 4th June 2020 | Show parent
GBP
Gear Addict

Quote:
There's more than one thing that make Perfect Room less than it's name. Anyone with issues is a edge case.
Oh I see ! “ I believe that you're talking about the edge case with the programmed randomness at very low room settings.

I can confirm that we're working on a solution to this edge case as we speak”

More flaws to fix.....
Old 8th June 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Hey profvonsok, an edge case is a problem or situation that occurs only at an extreme operating parameter. In this case, it's because of the programmed randomness in the room setting at low room sizes. But we have a solution coming soon! Stay tuned
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Oh I see ! “ I believe that you're talking about the edge case with the programmed randomness at very low room settings.

I can confirm that we're working on a solution to this edge case as we speak”

More flaws to fix.....
Will be fixed soon.

Update incoming
GBP
Gear Addict

Quote:
Will be fixed soon.

Update incoming
Is that taking account of the PDC reporting issue when bypassing perfect room on a return track?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Is that taking account of the PDC reporting issue when bypassing perfect room on a return track?
Would be great, cause this is a big issue at the moment and the plugin - due to its huge amount of CPU usage - isn´t usable in a crowded mix because it can´t be bypassed without having this issue. It´s a downward spiral

Please fix this
Old 6th July 2020
Lives for gear

Denise Audio:

It´s been a while. Guys, any news about an update? Your plugin is unusable at the moment, at least unusable to a certain point. Would be nice to get some information about your plans to change that. Thank you.
Old 6th July 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Denise Audio:

It´s been a while. Guys, any news about an update? Your plugin is unusable at the moment, at least unusable to a certain point. Would be nice to get some information about your plans to change that. Thank you.
Absolutely - updates have been promised for a long time now.
I've also come across another issue which I hope can be fixed as well. The plugin forgets the path to the presets, quite annoying. I'm on Win10

::
Mads
Old 18th July 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Will be fixed soon.

Update incoming
Guys, that was over a month ago. This plugin doesn't just need a fix for that, it needs a complete overhaul for latency, CPU usage, bypass issue and GUI also. In its current state its unusable. What a disappointment this is.

No one you sent a copy to make a review video mentioned those massive weaknesses. Even those whom opinion I usually highly appreciate. I wonder why that is.

Please drop us a few lines to inform us when we can expect a state in which it is usable like it should be. Thank you.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Guys, that was over a month ago. This plugin doesn't just need a fix for that, it needs a complete overhaul for latency, CPU usage, bypass issue and GUI also. In its current state its unusable. What a disappointment this is.

No one you sent a copy to make a review video mentioned those massive weaknesses. Even those whom opinion I usually highly appreciate. I wonder why that is.

Please drop us a few lines to inform us when we can expect a state in which it is usable like it should be. Thank you.
Even though I wouldn't phrase it quite as edgy as this, I totally agree that this has been a long wait, with to many promises. Is this what we can expect from Denise, or has there been unexpected trouble? Let us know what is happening!

Mads
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mljung View Post
Even though I wouldn't phrase it quite as edgy as this, I totally agree that this has been a long wait, with to many promises. Is this what we can expect from Denise, or has there been unexpected trouble? Let us know what is happening!

Mads
Hey maybe. I used the word please
Old 18th July 2020
Lives for gear

+1 on the fix request. I honestly won't try any of the new plugins because they never fixed this one. And it's not just a 'bug'. It's broken! But hey...it's super 'groovy' and unpredictable.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hey maybe. I used the word please
True dat <{;¬>
And we do need a reply...
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mljung View Post
True dat <{;¬>
And we do need a reply...
Yes, that would be nice of the Denise guys and would give me a good feel as a customer. At least a better feel as witnessing 2 of their latest plugin in a bad state and seeing those guys having an online discussion while drinking beer. Guys, running a business and working on a great customer - dev relation is no party
Oh boy, I'm doing it again. But be assured it's my some kind of humor...

...to prevent me from crying...just joking
Old 24th July 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Hey Guys, we're finalizing a version as we speak.

I hope to have an answer soon.

Best,
Joe
Lives for gear

Quote:

Best,
Joe
Sounds like good news - let's hope for the best

Mads
Lives for gear

Quote:

Best,
Joe
Hi Joe, thanks for calling back. I think such things are very important. Can you already tell, what you adressed? Keep it up
Old 5th August 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Hi Joe, thanks for calling back. I think such things are very important. Can you already tell, what you adressed? Keep it up
Expect an updated plugin in the coming weeks. Just FYI
Old 5th August 2020
Lives for gear

Cool. Thank you. Much appreciated. Looking forward for it. Thanks
📝 Reply