The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DMGAudio TrackComp 2
Old 9 hours ago
Lives for gear

The la2a works perfect I can squash top be dammed and no nasty clipping. Really good la2a
Old 5 hours ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreYouHuman View Post
I'm a quite desperate and feel like an alien . 800 downloads and is really no one interested to say something about the la2a distortion I posted up there? Everyone is happy with the saturation you get when pushing makeup on this 2a model?

Even not sure if this could be a bug, because I totally dig the 76 and SSL models and and have zero problems to get the perfect sound even gritty ones in comparision
Of course you get clipping. Putting your Make Up-gain to 22,4 gives you peaks at +12,5 dB. Depending on if, where and how you attenuate the overshot you will get less or more clipping distortion.
If I attenuate the audio to be below 0 dBfs before DAW Output it sounds better than the file you submitted. But if I just bounce out straight from my DAW I get clipping that’s even worse compared to your file.

How’s your gain staging?
What happens after TrackComp in your project?
Attached Thumbnails
DMGAudio TrackComp 2-2a.jpg  
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search