Universal Audio Releases UAD Software v9.11 Featuring the Avalon 737 Channelstrip - Page 8 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Universal Audio Releases UAD Software v9.11 Featuring the Avalon 737 Channelstrip
Old 2nd August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS-12 View Post
After comparing the EQ section (because I dont like the sound of preamp or compressor of vt737sp) of this UAD Avalon vt737sp emulation to the hardware Avalon vt737sp, i found it to be pretty off especially on the high frequency eq.

The old Focusrite LiquidMix’s emulation of vt737sp EQ was much closer to the hardware then this UAD version
UAD is smoother on the high end, isn't it?
Old 3rd August 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS-12 View Post
After comparing the EQ section (because I dont like the sound of preamp or compressor of vt737sp) of this UAD Avalon vt737sp emulation to the hardware Avalon vt737sp, i found it to be pretty off especially on the high frequency eq.

The old Focusrite LiquidMix’s emulation of vt737sp EQ was much closer to the hardware then this UAD version
I'm willing to bet that if you compared the UAD plug to the unit they modeled, you wouldn't hear much of a difference at all.
Old 3rd August 2020
Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau777 View Post
I'm willing to bet that if you compared the UAD plug to the unit they modeled, you wouldn't hear much of a difference at all.
Indeed, or else the plug would not have shipped.
Old 3rd August 2020
Lives for gear

I remember a shootout and UAD was clearly smoother on the top end than the hardware.

Pretty easy to spot.
Old 3rd August 2020
Here for the gear

little OT, but I remembered there was quite a hype when this free avalon 737 plugin came out which didnt sound anything like avalon 737. looked like 737 but didnt sound anything like it. some poeple were saying "it sounds just like hardware" back then..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHkzk7VLL4E
Old 5th August 2020
Lives for gear

Any chance to allow the upcoming Massenburg dynamics plugin and the new version of the Massenburg EQ to come to the UAD platform?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gml View Post
well, guys, despite our many attempts to reach UA to discuss an MDWEQ6 for UA, we've been met with silence. it's hard not to conclude that we're being ghosted for reasons unknown.
@ Universal Audio can you check your inbox for mails from certain "George" (please check your junk folder also). Thank you.
Old 7th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
UAD is smoother on the high end, isn't it?
To my ears the UAD version sounds more “generic”, doesn’t have that special sound and character of the hardware
📝 Reply